News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Beer  ( 214,385 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Beer
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2010, 12:28:52 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 28, 2010, 11:21:27 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 28, 2010, 10:38:23 AM
This thread is perilously close to being moved to the dead pool.

Anyone ever had a Westvleteren 12?

I haven't.
I've had a Westvleteren. Not sure if it was 12 or what. It was very good.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2010, 01:01:34 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 28, 2010, 12:13:42 PM
Quote from: PenPho on May 28, 2010, 12:00:22 PM
DPD.

Anyone try the Bell's Oberon Ale?

I had a guy tell me today that it's a must-have for summer.

I'm usually not a big wheat beer guy, but it did come highly recommended.

I recently had Bell's 2 Hearted Ale and the Kalamazoo Stout which were both excellent, though I'm not a big fan of their Amber.

The only Bell's I really want to try is this.

2 Hearted is ok. Oberon is pretty popular around Chicago and has been for a long time.

Hopslam is awesome. I happened to be in Sam's Wines (now Binny's) the day it came in last year. It's expensive, but it's also 10% ABV. As the name implies, you better be a fan of hops to enjoy it.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2010, 01:11:20 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on May 28, 2010, 01:01:34 PM
DPD.

I recently had Bell's 2 Hearted Ale and the Kalamazoo Stout which were both excellent, though I'm not a big fan of their Amber.

2 Hearted is ok. Oberon is pretty popular around Chicago and has been for a long time.

Hopslam is awesome. I happened to be in Sam's Wines (now Binny's) the day it came in last year. It's expensive, but it's also 10% ABV. As the name implies, you better be a fan of hops to enjoy it.

Sam's turned into a Binny's?

That's a shame.

Well, if I remember correctly, which is potentially unlikely.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2010, 01:15:45 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on May 28, 2010, 01:11:20 PM
DPD.

That's a shame.

I prefer Binny's to Sam's, but only because Sam's seemed to focus on wine.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2010, 01:16:14 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on May 28, 2010, 01:11:20 PM
DPD.

That's a shame.

http://chicagoist.com/2009/10/09/looking_at_the_binnyssams_merger.php
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=35757
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2010, 01:18:09 PM »
I bought a couple of bottles of Zatek and some Delerium Tremens yesterday. Both are things I have enjoyed in the past, so I will probably enjoy them again in the future.

I think I'm one of like 5 people in the Chicagoland area to actively dislike Bell's Oberon.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2010, 01:25:49 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 28, 2010, 01:18:09 PM
I bought a couple of bottles of Zatek and some Delerium Tremens yesterday. Both are things I have enjoyed in the past, so I will probably enjoy them again in the future.

I think I'm one of like 5 people in the Chicagoland area to actively dislike Bell's Oberon.

Okay, well that's two "meh's" on Bells Oberon, which is good, now I don't have to force myself to trade some summer wheat ale that I didn't really want to try in the first place.

Work with a bunch of guys who are really into Zatek, though I've never had it.
They all swear by it.

But they also spend all day drawing pictures and wearing ironic t-shirts, so I haven't taken their word for it.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2010, 02:02:23 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on May 28, 2010, 01:25:49 PM

Okay, well that's two "meh's" on Bells Oberon, which is good, now I don't have to force myself to trade some summer wheat ale that I didn't really want to try in the first place.

They all swear by it.

But they also spend all day drawing pictures and wearing ironic t-shirts, so I haven't taken their word for it.

Have you tried the Bud Light Golden Wheat?
I haven't yet, but I bet it's not bad.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2010, 02:04:04 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 28, 2010, 02:02:23 PM

They all swear by it.

As soon as I get through this Bud Light Lime, I'm going to plow through some Golden Wheat with a Chelada chaser.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2010, 03:14:40 PM »

They all swear by it.

Wait, that's how I spend my days...

Zatek is great if you like Czech pilsner. Which I do.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2010, 03:20:25 PM »
DPD.

Bell's oberon is a must have for summer.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2010, 05:30:57 PM »
Quote from: BH on May 28, 2010, 03:20:25 PM
DPD.

Bell's oberon is a must have for summer.

THI.

And I have been known to polish off more than my fair share of their Amber and Pale Ale as well.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2010, 06:42:39 PM »

Make it three. It's been a while, but I don't recall it being anything I'd particularly seek out. Then again, I have a dentist's appointment tomorrow, so if anyone knows where it's on tap near the Belmont Red Line stop, perhaps I'll give it another whirl.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2010, 08:05:23 PM »
DPD.

I practically bathe in Bell's Oberon in the summer. It's not the greatest beer on earth or anything but's easy to get around here and I like it.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2010, 08:12:11 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 28, 2010, 02:02:23 PM

They all swear by it.

+

=
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.