News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Beer  ( 214,276 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Beer
« Reply #915 on: November 22, 2013, 06:17:07 PM »
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #916 on: November 22, 2013, 06:35:39 PM »
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #917 on: November 22, 2013, 11:54:56 PM »
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #918 on: December 16, 2013, 10:36:23 AM »
Did anyone else hear the story on NPR this a.m. about the sale of Kansas City's Boulevard Ale to a Belgian company and the decline in the number of Trappist Monks in Belgium for beer making?   It was on the business segment of Morning Edition. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #919 on: December 16, 2013, 11:00:42 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 16, 2013, 10:36:23 AM
Did anyone else hear the story on NPR this a.m. about the sale of Kansas City's Boulevard Ale to a Belgian company and the decline in the number of Trappist Monks in Belgium for beer making?   It was on the business segment of Morning Edition. 

No.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #920 on: December 16, 2013, 01:48:06 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 16, 2013, 11:00:42 AM

No.

Yes.

Wait, no.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #921 on: December 16, 2013, 02:57:45 PM »

I did.

Some people around here are really upset by the sale, but I don't see the issue. Boulevard is an outstanding brewery and so is Duvel. If they can give Boulevard a wider distribution, that's great. I don't see much a downside, other than it not being technically KC-owned anymore.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #923 on: December 17, 2013, 09:27:10 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 16, 2013, 02:57:45 PM

I did.

Some people around here are really upset by the sale, but I don't see the issue. Boulevard is an outstanding brewery and so is Duvel. If they can give Boulevard a wider distribution, that's great. I don't see much a downside, other than it not being technically KC-owned anymore.

My wife's friends in Oslo did the thing where they take a pic of their beers whilst drinking and sure enough they were drinking Boulevard beer. They have it over in Yurp now.

BigDrinky

• Idiot Savant
  • Pollyellon Fan Club

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #925 on: December 17, 2013, 03:53:17 PM »
Quote from: BigDrinky on December 17, 2013, 09:47:58 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 16, 2013, 07:33:38 PM
Are you guys interested in this?

http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/the-definitive-top-10-ipas-as-chosen-by-a-hopped-up-panel-of-beer-writers?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=thrillist

Very interested.  Nice to see Racer 5 appear in the top ten.

There's nothing egregiously wrong with this list, though it's certainly not my order of preference. 

To have not one, but TWO different IPAs from Sierra Nevada in the top 10 is really excessive and I could certainly nitpick a ton of this (I think Odell at 21 is better than Union Jack, Two Hearted, Racer 5, Lagunitas and either of the Sierra Nevada offerings; Modus Hoperandi at 39 is far too low; AleSmith should be higher than 15; Heady Topper, which I've never had, is supposedly well deserving of top 5) but in the grand scheme of "Lists that suck" this one is relatively inoffensive. 

One of the bigger things I miss about Arizona (que Tonk, et al) is not having access to Sculpin anymore, which is an absolutely fantastic IPA and deserving of the high spot it's getting.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #927 on: December 17, 2013, 04:15:42 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #928 on: December 17, 2013, 04:36:28 PM »

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #929 on: December 18, 2013, 08:58:51 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16