News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Road  ( 11,099 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Road
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 01:38:36 PM »
Quote from: flannj on September 20, 2012, 12:48:14 PM
Quote from: Slaky on September 20, 2012, 12:19:39 PM
Wow, just finally read this.

Holy shit.

Happy stuff isn't it?

Yeah - I enjoyed it because I love apocalyptic shit but I have to kill the voice that is dying to find out what exactly happened to cause the world to turn to shit. I also want to know WHERE they are but that's really not the point, obviously.

The point is the humanity or lackthereof that comes with being stuck in a hopeless, frightening world with nothing to do but figure out ways to survive until you can't any more and you die.

But I'll be damned if reading this book now that I have a son vs. having read it before my son makes it a completely different experience.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 01:48:09 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 20, 2012, 01:38:36 PM

Holy shit.

Happy stuff isn't it?

Yeah - I enjoyed it because I love apocalyptic shit but I have to kill the voice that is dying to find out what exactly happened to cause the world to turn to shit. I also want to know WHERE they are but that's really not the point, obviously.

The point is the humanity or lackthereof that comes with being stuck in a hopeless, frightening world with nothing to do but figure out ways to survive until you can't any more and you die.

But I'll be damned if reading this book now that I have a son vs. having read it before my son makes it a completely different experience.

It's been a while, but weren't there some hints that they ended up somewhere on the East coast? Or maybe they were just in present day South Carolina?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 01:49:50 PM »
Quote from: R-V on September 20, 2012, 01:48:09 PM

Holy shit.

Happy stuff isn't it?

It's been a while, but weren't there some hints that they ended up somewhere on the East coast? Or maybe they were just in present day South Carolina?

Please.

The main difference between Peoria and SC is palmetto trees.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 01:56:27 PM »

Holy shit.

Happy stuff isn't it?

I went with Yellowstone erupting.
Which means they would be traveling east.
You're right in that isn't really the point though, it's whatever/wherever you want it to be, which McCarthy did on purpose.
And having kids has for years made it impossible for me to get through watching or reading many things.
A second viewing of Sophie's choice? It's not gonna hai.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 02:19:01 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 20, 2012, 01:49:50 PM

Holy shit.

Happy stuff isn't it?

Please.

Also, slavery is illegal in Peoria.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 02:33:01 PM »
Quote from: R-V on September 20, 2012, 02:19:01 PM
Quote from: Bort on September 20, 2012, 01:49:50 PM

Holy shit.

Happy stuff isn't it?

Please.

Also, slavery is illegal in Peoria.

I'd argue that eating your pizza cut into strips is the equivalent of being enslaved.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 10:21:32 AM »
Quote from: Fork on September 20, 2012, 01:37:30 PM

The road is fucking hard.

The road is fucking tough.

* not a photoshop
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 11:06:21 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on September 27, 2012, 10:21:32 AM

* not a photoshop

That is amazing.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 01:30:51 PM »
Quote from: BH on September 27, 2012, 11:06:21 AM
Quote from: morpheus on September 27, 2012, 10:21:32 AM

* not a photoshop

That is amazing.

I never knew the original thread with me and Pex with sauce smeared on our faces got Rattoed. Too bad. As I recall, there are a couple more nice pics.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2014, 03:12:39 PM »
Well, this is odd.

A domestic dispute over space aliens escalated Saturday morning when a lingerie-clad New Mexico woman allegedly pointed a silver handgun at her boyfriend, a weapon she retrieved from her vagina, where it had been placed while the accused was performing a sex act, police allege.

To make matters more strange, the arrested woman, Jennifer McCarthy, is the most recent ex-wife of Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist Cormac McCarthy, author of "The Road" and "No Country for Old Men."

I'm assuming it's from all the vaccines. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.