News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Javier Baez 2014 ROY-MVP-World Series MVP Thread  ( 130,338 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Javier Baez 2014 ROY-MVP-World Series MVP Thread
« Reply #615 on: September 04, 2015, 09:45:24 PM »
Quote from: CT III on September 04, 2015, 09:11:54 PM
Quote from: Shooter on September 04, 2015, 07:55:47 PM
Quote from: Tonker on September 04, 2015, 05:43:16 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 04, 2015, 05:41:11 PM
Trying so hard not to get too excited here but the thought of Javy actually tapping into that potential and completing the most powerful and erotic infield in all of baseball is so tempting

Seriously, though.  Can you imagine?  Rizzo, Baez, Russell, Bryant.  Mother of God.

EDIT: I know "clutch" and RBI don't mean anything, but CRISP RYAN has 85 runs batted in, in just 450 ABs.  I would do whatever he asked me to do.

Most likely, "Comply with the restraining order."

Actually, he just wants Tonk to retire from Desipio before he tarnishes his legacy.

I validate both of these responses.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #616 on: September 05, 2015, 01:38:57 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 04, 2015, 09:45:24 PM
Quote from: CT III on September 04, 2015, 09:11:54 PM
Quote from: Shooter on September 04, 2015, 07:55:47 PM
Quote from: Tonker on September 04, 2015, 05:43:16 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 04, 2015, 05:41:11 PM
Trying so hard not to get too excited here but the thought of Javy actually tapping into that potential and completing the most powerful and erotic infield in all of baseball is so tempting

Seriously, though.  Can you imagine?  Rizzo, Baez, Russell, Bryant.  Mother of God.

EDIT: I know "clutch" and RBI don't mean anything, but CRISP RYAN has 85 runs batted in, in just 450 ABs.  I would do whatever he asked me to do.

Most likely, "Comply with the restraining order."

Actually, he just wants Tonk to retire from Desipio before he tarnishes his legacy.

I validate both of these responses.

I also LOLed, and that with a hangover.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #617 on: September 07, 2015, 07:02:45 PM »
Still just 3 Ks in 19 PAs and he's hitting a lot of balls hard (38.5 %  hard contact) despite some bad luck (.231 BABIP) and it seems like he's going opposite field a lot. He definitely looks improved. Defense has also been sexy.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #618 on: September 07, 2015, 07:49:16 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 07, 2015, 07:02:45 PM
Still just 3 Ks in 19 PAs and he's hitting a lot of balls hard (38.5 %  hard contact) despite some bad luck (.231 BABIP) and it seems like he's going opposite field a lot. He definitely looks improved. Defense has also been sexy.

I hope he and Russell are turning double plays for the next decade. They're so smooth out there.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #619 on: September 08, 2015, 08:14:23 PM »
Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational Javy Baez
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #620 on: September 08, 2015, 08:27:10 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 08, 2015, 08:14:23 PM

Look at the size of that thing!

(2014 quote)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #621 on: September 08, 2015, 08:39:42 PM »

Okay, fine. I'm enough of a dork that I enjoyed that.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #622 on: September 08, 2015, 10:57:06 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 08, 2015, 08:39:42 PM

Okay, fine. I'm enough of a dork that I enjoyed that.

I feel bad for Starlin that he had an awesome game and I'm pushing him out the door but Baez' defense at three different positions and him now appearing to have an approach that will allow him to tap into his potential with the bat makes him the future. That barehand play was unbelievable.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #623 on: September 08, 2015, 11:45:16 PM »
This guy looks like a different player.  I will eagerly and happily eat my words, that he should've been dealt for Hamels, if this goes like it seems it could.  Fingers crossed because it would be shirtless hugs all around to see him succeed.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #624 on: September 09, 2015, 08:03:48 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 08, 2015, 11:45:16 PM
This guy looks like a different player.  I will eagerly and happily eat my words, that he should've been dealt for Hamels, if this goes like it seems it could.  Fingers crossed because it would be shirtless hugs all around to see him succeed.

I'll remain steadfast in my belief that Cole Hamels both eat shit and die.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #625 on: September 09, 2015, 10:13:17 AM »

I needed to see it as well. It's early days but I'm excited. Javy always has been the most fascinating of the prospects even with Bryant and Schwarber. To add to it, Javy's personal story is pretty incredible.

His hitting will be up and down but the way Joe seems to be using him is taking a ton of pressure off his shoulders and letting him be himself. Remember last year we didn't have Bryant and Schwarber up. There was no Russell. There was no Arrieta. Cub fans were looking at Javy to give them a reason to think 2015 might be a good year. And he probably internalized a ton of that.

God I love Joe Maddon.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #626 on: September 09, 2015, 10:20:29 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 09, 2015, 10:13:17 AM
This guy looks like a different player.  I will eagerly and happily eat my words, that he should've been dealt for Hamels, if this goes like it seems it could.  Fingers crossed because it would be shirtless hugs all around to see him succeed.

I needed to see it as well. It's early days but I'm excited. Javy always has been the most fascinating of the prospects even with Bryant and Schwarber. To add to it, Javy's personal story is pretty incredible.

His hitting will be up and down but the way Joe seems to be using him is taking a ton of pressure off his shoulders and letting him be himself. Remember last year we didn't have Bryant and Schwarber up. There was no Russell. There was no Arrieta. Cub fans were looking at Javy to give them a reason to think 2015 might be a good year. And he probably internalized a ton of that.

God I love Joe Maddon.

I love Joe, too, and he's definitely picked his spots to play Javy, but I think more credit should go to Theo and Jed for this one. Clearly we dipshits that clamored for Javy when Jonathan Herrera was making our eyes bleed should have been more patient, because obviously Javy didn't waste his time in the minors this year. He learned things and his approach is night and day from where it was last year and if they'd called him up before they deemed him ready it might really have wrecked things.

I won't doubt again. They know what they're doing.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #627 on: September 09, 2015, 10:26:26 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 09, 2015, 10:20:29 AM
This guy looks like a different player.  I will eagerly and happily eat my words, that he should've been dealt for Hamels, if this goes like it seems it could.  Fingers crossed because it would be shirtless hugs all around to see him succeed.

God I love Joe Maddon.

I love Joe, too, and he's definitely picked his spots to play Javy, but I think more credit should go to Theo and Jed for this one. Clearly we dipshits that clamored for Javy when Jonathan Herrera was making our eyes bleed should have been more patient, because obviously Javy didn't waste his time in the minors this year. He learned things and his approach is night and day from where it was last year and if they'd called him up before they deemed him ready it might really have wrecked things.

I doubted Joe's lineup before the start of last night's game. Joe was right.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #628 on: September 09, 2015, 11:31:03 AM »

God I love Joe Maddon.

Yep. He didn't appear to have learned anything based on his first game back and his AB vs Chapman. But since that...
.375 /.444/   .688/1.132    

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #629 on: September 09, 2015, 11:49:44 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 09, 2015, 11:31:03 AM

God I love Joe Maddon.

Yep. He didn't appear to have learned anything based on his first game back and his AB vs Chapman. But since that...
.375 /.444/   .688/1.132    

K rate WAY down. Of course he could always go on a strikeout binge. I think Joe mixing him in with off days here and there really will help him maintain focus and not get into a prolonged slump.