News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Javier Baez 2014 ROY-MVP-World Series MVP Thread  ( 129,906 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Javier Baez 2014 ROY-MVP-World Series MVP Thread
« Reply #945 on: August 14, 2017, 12:40:38 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 14, 2017, 08:14:00 AM
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on August 13, 2017, 11:12:51 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 13, 2017, 06:42:21 PM
Lol at the decision to IBB Heyward, who can't hit anything, to put a free runner on for Javy's big, throbbing dong

I felt so good about that situation, but even I didn't envision that Javy'd hit it 800 feet.

Yeah I can't fathom why anyone would rather face Javy than Heyward. Javy is worse against RHP than LHP by a lot, true. He's also still better against RHP than Heyward. Also the worst case scenario vs Heyward is he slaps a single and moves the runner to 2nd. The worst case scenario against Javy is what happened.

I think, too, there's the issue of questioning Javy's manhood, which is of course stupid, but if I was Javy I'd pretty fucking pissed that some team would think they'd be better off facing me than Jason Fucking Heyward  and, assessing the kind of guy Javy seems to be from my perch, I'm fairly confident he, too, saw it as a challenge.  He's in a zone right now (LOVED his single up the middle earlier; when Javy's hitting it through the box he's going good) and so it was not hard for me to envision good things, like I said.  I want to call him The Sorcerer.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #946 on: August 14, 2017, 01:03:27 PM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on August 14, 2017, 12:40:38 PM
Lol at the decision to IBB Heyward, who can't hit anything, to put a free runner on for Javy's big, throbbing dong

I felt so good about that situation, but even I didn't envision that Javy'd hit it 800 feet.

Yeah I can't fathom why anyone would rather face Javy than Heyward. Javy is worse against RHP than LHP by a lot, true. He's also still better against RHP than Heyward. Also the worst case scenario vs Heyward is he slaps a single and moves the runner to 2nd. The worst case scenario against Javy is what happened.

I think, too, there's the issue of questioning Javy's manhood, which is of course stupid, but if I was Javy I'd pretty fucking pissed that some team would think they'd be better off facing me than Jason Fucking Heyward  and, assessing the kind of guy Javy seems to be from my perch, I'm fairly confident he, too, saw it as a challenge.  He's in a zone right now (LOVED his single up the middle earlier; when Javy's hitting it through the box he's going good) and so it was not hard for me to envision good things, like I said.  I want to call him The Sorcerer.

He's been really good since the start of July. Javy runs hot/cold so I never want to overreact to a hot streak and think he's turned a corner but I can't remember the last time he sustained success for this long (even his hot start last year was mostly BABIP-fueled, this year's run seems a bit more sustainable).
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #947 on: August 14, 2017, 01:21:27 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 14, 2017, 01:03:27 PM

He's been really good since the start of July. Javy runs hot/cold so I never want to overreact to a hot streak and think he's turned a corner but I can't remember the last time he sustained success for this long (even his hot start last year was mostly BABIP-fueled, this year's run seems a bit more sustainable).

It's perfect timing. His current hot streak should die down around the end of August, then he'll go cold in September and heat back up for the playoffs.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #948 on: August 15, 2017, 09:07:00 PM »

I've been calling him that since last season. It totally fits him.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #949 on: August 16, 2017, 03:11:05 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 15, 2017, 09:07:00 PM

I've been calling him that since last season. It totally fits him.

His nameplate next weekend is "EL MAGO", which is "The Magician".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #950 on: August 20, 2017, 05:38:44 PM »
Is there anyone who can capture and post this gif to this thread so it is preserved forever https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/status/899395902040887296
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #951 on: August 20, 2017, 10:03:44 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 20, 2017, 05:38:44 PM
Is there anyone who can capture and post this gif to this thread so it is preserved forever https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/status/899395902040887296

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #952 on: August 21, 2017, 10:48:21 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 20, 2017, 10:03:44 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 20, 2017, 05:38:44 PM

He is glorious.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #953 on: August 21, 2017, 10:56:42 AM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #955 on: August 24, 2017, 07:52:20 PM »
That throw. Damn.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #956 on: August 25, 2017, 08:07:31 AM »
I'm happy that Javy Baez is a Cub.
TIME TO POST!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #957 on: August 25, 2017, 09:01:16 AM »
He'll be getting some MVP votes, no?  I'm not exactly certain when Russell went out but it certainly feels the Cubs taking a hold of the division sort of coincided with Baez playing every day at short.  And more than a coincidence is the fact that Baez has won several games with his bat and his defense has simply been otherworldly during this time.  Crazy to think that as recently as June, 2016 he and Soler were considered the 2 most expendable prospects.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #958 on: August 25, 2017, 09:07:42 AM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on August 25, 2017, 09:01:16 AM
He'll be getting some MVP votes, no?  I'm not exactly certain when Russell went out but it certainly feels the Cubs taking a hold of the division sort of coincided with Baez playing every day at short.  And more than a coincidence is the fact that Baez has won several games with his bat and his defense has simply been otherworldly during this time.  Crazy to think that as recently as June, 2016 he and Soler were considered the 2 most expendable prospects.

People were trying to trade Javy in May because Happ "made him expendable"

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #959 on: August 25, 2017, 09:16:53 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 25, 2017, 09:07:42 AM
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on August 25, 2017, 09:01:16 AM

People were trying to trade Javy in May because Happ "made him expendable"

I'm talking rational consensus, not the same fringe asshats who thought the Cubs were done when they went 5-15 last June/July, when they were losing Game 4 to SF, down 2-1 to LA, down 3-1 in the World Series, or when they struggled to dominate the first 3 months of this year.  Those johnny fucksticks can eat shit--I'm talking about you, me and the people who generally maintain some perspective.  It was not unreasonable for us to feel that Javy was expendable up until the last few months of last season.  I shudder, now, to think of the Cubs having dealt him back then.