News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread  ( 138,728 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread
« Reply #1005 on: October 21, 2015, 08:52:20 AM »
Quote from: Tony on October 21, 2015, 08:48:40 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 21, 2015, 08:46:57 AM
Quote from: PANK! on October 21, 2015, 08:45:28 AM
I was really hoping/expect Bryant to go off last night.  :(

The hanging slider from Clippard that he absolutely whiffed on almost made me throw up.

The one that he was so late on that he's still swinging right now?

I'm also haunted by Kris chasing the low outside fastball from DeGrom On 1-2 earlier in the game.  It felt like I hadn't seen him do that in months and it made me feel really bad.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1006 on: October 21, 2015, 08:54:33 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 21, 2015, 08:35:59 AM
Pretty hard not to be the most disappointed in Rizzo offensively. He was crappy the last two weeks of the season and carried it right on into the playoffs. If Mike Matheny hadn't made the most hilariously awful decision of the year in letting Siegrist face Rizzo twice he'd have had an utterly forgettable postseason. It really hurt this series because he was their best hitter vs. fastballs all year long and he just didn't show up.

I'm awaiting the inevitable list of Rizzo injuries as soon as the Cubs' season ends.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1007 on: October 21, 2015, 09:09:28 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 21, 2015, 08:52:20 AM
Quote from: Tony on October 21, 2015, 08:48:40 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 21, 2015, 08:46:57 AM
Quote from: PANK! on October 21, 2015, 08:45:28 AM
I was really hoping/expect Bryant to go off last night.  :(

The hanging slider from Clippard that he absolutely whiffed on almost made me throw up.

The one that he was so late on that he's still swinging right now?

I'm also haunted by Kris chasing the low outside fastball from DeGrom On 1-2 earlier in the game.  It felt like I hadn't seen him do that in months and it made me feel really bad.

Why now? Why is this happening RIGHT NOW?

God fucking damn it

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1008 on: November 16, 2015, 05:37:17 PM »
Rookie of the Damn Year.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1009 on: November 16, 2015, 08:41:45 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 16, 2015, 05:37:17 PM
Rookie of the Damn Year.

Damn Year of the Rookie.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1010 on: November 16, 2015, 08:47:23 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1011 on: November 17, 2015, 08:14:43 AM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-sullivan-on-baseball-spt-1117-20151116-column.html

Quote from: Sparkle
There is a way to top this next year, and that's to win a World Series.

Sploosh.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1012 on: December 07, 2015, 05:26:07 PM »
Kris/Boras/the union has filed a grievance against the Cubs over the timing of his promotion.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1013 on: December 08, 2015, 01:47:09 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 07, 2015, 05:26:07 PM
Kris/Boras/the union has filed a grievance against the Cubs over the timing of his promotion.

Whatevs.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1014 on: December 08, 2015, 11:35:07 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 08, 2015, 01:47:09 AM

Whatevs.
I bet that was the first time that a major league team ever did that.  Is there really a contract clause that says that a team can't weigh business rationales against won/loss records?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1015 on: December 08, 2015, 12:29:39 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 08, 2015, 11:35:07 AM

Whatevs.
I bet that was the first time that a major league team ever did that.  Is there really a contract clause that says that a team can't weigh business rationales against won/loss records?

I guarantee that nowhere is it written that the Cubs did it for business reasons: they've never said that was why they did it, and they never will.  Boras and the players' union can complain all they like but the simple fact of the matter is that they negotiated  and signed this agreement and they can't really complain if the owners stick to the letter, rather than the spirit of it.  It's tough shit for them, but they should have nailed it down in the first place.

Indeed, I suspect that they're not looking to actually prosecute these grievances, but are rather just preparing the ground for getting rid of this loophole in the next CBA.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1016 on: December 08, 2015, 12:32:29 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 08, 2015, 12:29:39 PM

Whatevs.

I guarantee that nowhere is it written that the Cubs did it for business reasons: they've never said that was why they did it, and they never will.  Boras and the players' union can complain all they like but the simple fact of the matter is that they negotiated  and signed this agreement and they can't really complain if the owners stick to the letter, rather than the spirit of it.  It's tough shit for them, but they should have nailed it down in the first place.

Indeed, I suspect that they're not looking to actually prosecute these grievances, but are rather just preparing the ground for getting rid of this loophole in the next CBA.

See that is where there is a problem. How do you fix this loophole? If you say a guy's service time begins any time he is up for X% of a season, teams will just manipulate that. If you say it starts any time a guy ever appears on a major league roster that'll basically end any prospect of note ever getting called up as an injury replacement or for developmental reasons or a September call up.

There's going to be a way to manipulate it based on however they do it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1017 on: December 08, 2015, 01:34:54 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 08, 2015, 12:32:29 PM

Whatevs.

See that is where there is a problem. How do you fix this loophole? If you say a guy's service time begins any time he is up for X% of a season, teams will just manipulate that. If you say it starts any time a guy ever appears on a major league roster that'll basically end any prospect of note ever getting called up as an injury replacement or for developmental reasons or a September call up.

Probably in a "Super 2ish" way.  A year is defined as "Before June 1 and in the top 20% in service time of players called up between opening day and June 1."

And before you all say it, yeah, I've always got to make everything 2ish.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1018 on: December 08, 2015, 02:02:28 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 08, 2015, 01:34:54 PM
Quote from: SKO on December 08, 2015, 12:32:29 PM

Whatevs.

Probably in a "Super 2ish" way.  A year is defined as "Before June 1 and in the top 20% in service time of players called up between opening day and June 1."

And before you all say it, yeah, I've always got to make everything 2ish.

Funny, you don't look 2ish.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1019 on: April 14, 2016, 09:41:01 AM »
Bump for that rocket shot, 113 MPH off the bat.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015