News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread  ( 138,707 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread
« Reply #540 on: April 15, 2015, 08:59:46 AM »
Everyone is speculating now that it'll be Friday with all the injuries and roster crunch going on.

And I know it's less clear than just dividing his expected WAR by 162 (which I still think is a poor way to measure the impact of him being sent down), but man, it sure SEEMS like he could've made a big difference in last night's game. Maybe that should go in the "I Admit It" thread, but I'll just leave it here.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #541 on: April 15, 2015, 09:06:17 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 15, 2015, 08:59:46 AM
Everyone is speculating now that it'll be Friday with all the injuries and roster crunch going on.

And I know it's less clear than just dividing his expected WAR by 162 (which I still think is a poor way to measure the impact of him being sent down), but man, it sure SEEMS like he could've made a big difference in last night's game. Maybe that should go in the "I Admit It" thread, but I'll just leave it here.

Well, he would have hit an Aroldis pitch halfway up the block on Kenmore. I can guarantee that

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #542 on: April 15, 2015, 09:15:47 AM »

I have to admit I had spent most of this first week hoping the Cubs lost by more than one run in any game they lost, because you just know last night's the game they're gonna point to if the Cubs miss the playoffs by a hair.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #543 on: April 15, 2015, 09:27:39 AM »
La Stella's injury couple with Olt's means Bryant has to come up soon. You can't just keep trotting Herrera out at third base. They won't.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #544 on: April 15, 2015, 09:31:37 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 15, 2015, 09:27:39 AM
La Stella's injury couple with Olt's means Bryant has to come up soon. You can't just keep trotting Herrera out at third base. They won't.

One more game ought to do it.  Tomorrow's a day off so...
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #545 on: April 15, 2015, 09:38:29 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on April 15, 2015, 09:06:17 AM

Well, he would have hit an Aroldis pitch halfway up the block on Kenmore. I can guarantee that

Or Soler would have first, since they probably wouldn't pitch around him with Bryant on deck.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #546 on: April 15, 2015, 09:41:28 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 15, 2015, 09:38:29 AM

Or Soler would have first, since they probably wouldn't pitch around him with Bryant on deck.

I thought we were all reasonable people who could agree that Chris Coghlan is the ideal cleanup hitter? Jesus Eli, you really are a negative Ned.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #547 on: April 15, 2015, 02:18:00 PM »

Given Bryant's MiLB K%, they're going to pitch around to Bryant a lot.

At first.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #548 on: April 15, 2015, 02:36:18 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 15, 2015, 02:18:00 PM

At first.

wat
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #549 on: April 15, 2015, 02:39:01 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 15, 2015, 02:36:18 PM

At first.

wat

He means they'll pitch around Soler to get to Bryant, which is still wrong.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #550 on: April 15, 2015, 02:45:51 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 15, 2015, 02:39:01 PM

At first.

wat

God, Chuck
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #551 on: April 15, 2015, 02:47:03 PM »

At first.

wat

Their going to pitch around Soler a lot until Bryant makes them pay. They did it last night bottom 8 with Rizzo on first.

I think Bryant is going to make them pay.  Quickly.  But it's pretty clear that Soler is the most feared hitter on the team right now.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #552 on: April 15, 2015, 02:49:29 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 15, 2015, 02:47:03 PM

At first.

wat

Their going to pitch around Soler a lot until Bryant makes them pay. They did it last night bottom 8 with Rizzo on first.

I think Bryant is going to make them pay.  Quickly.  But it's pretty clear that Soler is the most feared hitter on the team right now.

Nice gerund.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #553 on: April 15, 2015, 02:49:41 PM »

At first.

wat

Fuck. Even you know you're wrong.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #554 on: April 15, 2015, 03:10:04 PM »

What does "make them pay" even mean? Does he just need to make one team pay for all the others to not pitch around Soler, or will he need to go on a league-wide tour of payuppance with stops at each individual team before they stop pitching around Soler?

Anyway, Maddon will probably hit Bryant leadoff or something weird, making this all moot.