News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread  ( 138,744 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread
« Reply #585 on: April 16, 2015, 10:47:16 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 16, 2015, 10:40:10 AM
Quote from: Eli on April 16, 2015, 10:22:08 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 16, 2015, 10:16:12 AM
Neil Ramirez needs an MRI on his shoulder (this is a really big sads, though). The Cubs are at 13 pitchers already with Rosscup getting called up for La Stella. "Shoulder discomfort" most probably means disabled list for Ramirez, if not death. So, he gone.

There is a strong possibility the Zephyrs/I-Cubs get rained on today. Tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow is the day.

Still skeptical. Denorfia has said he's healthy and ready, so they can call him up instead if they want.

They could, sure. But Denorfia doesn't really fill the real need at third. For some reason I thought he played some infield, but his BR page has no record of him on the infield.

I would say Chris Valaika could get called up if they truly wanted to troll us all, but he's not on the 40 man so it's the same roster situation as Bryant.

Mike Olt's playing time has been so sporadic I don't really know what to think about him...so, it just seems like this is all to perfect a situation for Bryant to be called up tomorrow.

And I know about the trend of calling up prospects on the road, but maybe the current needs of the team right now could be too important to worry about Kris Bryant having bubbleguts at Wrigley Field rather than Pittsburgh or Cincinnati.

Or we could wait a day and see how this plays out. Mike Olt has pinch hit several times and been a late inning replacement, and now he gets a day off to rest. Wouldn't be surprising in the slightest if he starts tomorrow and Bryant has to wait a bit longer.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #586 on: April 16, 2015, 10:49:58 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 16, 2015, 10:47:16 AM
Neil Ramirez needs an MRI on his shoulder (this is a really big sads, though). The Cubs are at 13 pitchers already with Rosscup getting called up for La Stella. "Shoulder discomfort" most probably means disabled list for Ramirez, if not death. So, he gone.

There is a strong possibility the Zephyrs/I-Cubs get rained on today. Tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow is the day.

Still skeptical. Denorfia has said he's healthy and ready, so they can call him up instead if they want.

They could, sure. But Denorfia doesn't really fill the real need at third. For some reason I thought he played some infield, but his BR page has no record of him on the infield.

I would say Chris Valaika could get called up if they truly wanted to troll us all, but he's not on the 40 man so it's the same roster situation as Bryant.

Mike Olt's playing time has been so sporadic I don't really know what to think about him...so, it just seems like this is all to perfect a situation for Bryant to be called up tomorrow.

And I know about the trend of calling up prospects on the road, but maybe the current needs of the team right now could be too important to worry about Kris Bryant having bubbleguts at Wrigley Field rather than Pittsburgh or Cincinnati.

Or we could wait a day and see how this plays out. Mike Olt has pinch hit several times and been a late inning replacement, and now he gets a day off to rest. Wouldn't be surprising in the slightest if he starts tomorrow and Bryant has to wait a bit longer.

Okay, fine...I've said everything I could possibly say that makes sense for the Cubs to do this tomorrow without being a meatball. So, I'll just say it. I just really want this to happen tomorrow.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #587 on: April 16, 2015, 10:53:24 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 16, 2015, 10:49:58 AM

Okay, fine...I've said everything I could possibly say that makes sense for the Cubs to do this tomorrow without being a meatball. So, I'll just say it. I just really want this to happen tomorrow.

We know, son. It's okay. There's nothing wrong with these feelings. They're perfectly natural and normal.

And I have tickets to the Iowa Cubs tomorrow so I have my own reasons. Although even with that I'd still rather see him in Chicago sooner rather than later, but it's a hell of a consolation prize.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #588 on: April 16, 2015, 11:00:22 AM »
At this point, I hope he comes up to Chicago today, just so's you cunts will stop pontificating about it.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #589 on: April 16, 2015, 11:26:34 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 16, 2015, 11:00:22 AM
At this point, I hope he comes up to Chicago today, just so's you cunts will stop pontificating about it.

I hope someone writes something about the Cubs keeping him down longer to safeguard from Super 2, just to watch heads explode.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #590 on: April 16, 2015, 11:43:09 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 16, 2015, 10:53:24 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 16, 2015, 10:49:58 AM

We know, son. It's okay. There's nothing wrong with these feelings. They're perfectly natural and normal.

And I have tickets to the Iowa Cubs tomorrow so I have my own reasons. Although even with that I'd still rather see him in Chicago sooner rather than later, but it's a hell of a consolation prize.

And I have tickets for Wrigley tomorrow (and an extra it turns out) if any of you meatballs/chuckleheads/slapdicks have an interest...
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #591 on: April 16, 2015, 02:54:35 PM »
Bryant in the lineup in Iowa today.

(And Addison Russell at 2nd base for the first time.)

h/t @ThatYettiGuy
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #592 on: April 16, 2015, 03:02:28 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 16, 2015, 02:54:35 PM
Bryant in the lineup in Iowa today.

(And Addison Russell at 2nd base for the first time.)

h/t @ThatYettiGuy

On the one hand, yay for me for getting to see him play before he gets called up...but I'm bummed a little because it kinda does imply that he won't get called up tomorrow.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #593 on: April 16, 2015, 09:23:42 PM »
Better cover the walls of this thread with plastic. There's bout to be some sploogin'

Bonk

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #594 on: April 17, 2015, 12:47:46 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 16, 2015, 09:23:42 PM
Better cover the walls of this thread with plastic. There's bout to be some sploogin'

I've got a serious stiffie.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #595 on: April 17, 2015, 12:53:03 AM »
Quote from: Bonk on April 17, 2015, 12:47:46 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 16, 2015, 09:23:42 PM

I've got a serious stiffie.

He goes 0-for-5 with five strikeouts and six errors at third base tonight. Boras panics and agrees to a 15-year extension at $7 million per. Bryant goes on to win NL MVP, NLDS MVP, NLCS MVP, World Series MVP, each year, for the next twenty years as a Cub. Fin.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #596 on: April 17, 2015, 01:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 14, 2015, 12:35:23 PM
Quote from: Oleg on April 14, 2015, 12:04:18 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 14, 2015, 11:21:26 AM
Quote from: Oleg on April 14, 2015, 11:14:22 AM
Does anyone really think that Ephoyer gives two shits about what some shitty sportswriter writes about the reasons for the Bryant thing?  I fully expect him to be up on Friday for good because it may be what's best for The Cubs (both in terms of sending him down for the extra year of control and for bringing him up as soon as possible because he's good at baseball and can help this team ASAP).  If he's not up on Friday, it will only be because Hoystein doesn't think he's ready to contribute to the major league club yet.  I really think it's that simple and Gordo and his ilk can go get bent.

I don't think they break him in at home.  They didn't do that with Baez or Soler. Road opens.  Less media, no raving fans.  Still betting the 20th or 24th.

I don't get this.  Is Bryant getting little media attention now?  March was Kris Bryant month on MLB Network.  I think this whole "debut him on the road only" thing is weird.

This.  There are two ways of debuting: at home, or away.  As it happens, the last two Cubs' prospects have debuted on the road.  Who knows if that was deliberate or not?  What I do know is that it's a stretch to subsequently conclude that Bryant can't debut at Wrigley.

Having said that, I can't wait for the 50/50 chance to go against me so that Internet Chuck gets to pretend that he was right all along.

THERE MUST HAVE BEEN SUM MISTAKE.  DAT THEO GUY ONLY EVER CALLS GUYS UP ON THE ROAD!  ITS A TREND!  YOU CANT BUCK DA TREND, MY FRENTS!!!1!

(I'm not going to lie, I've been really, really looking forward to that, you fucking morans)
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #597 on: April 17, 2015, 07:01:47 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 17, 2015, 01:03:00 AM
Quote from: Tonker on April 14, 2015, 12:35:23 PM
Quote from: Oleg on April 14, 2015, 12:04:18 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 14, 2015, 11:21:26 AM
Quote from: Oleg on April 14, 2015, 11:14:22 AM
Does anyone really think that Ephoyer gives two shits about what some shitty sportswriter writes about the reasons for the Bryant thing?  I fully expect him to be up on Friday for good because it may be what's best for The Cubs (both in terms of sending him down for the extra year of control and for bringing him up as soon as possible because he's good at baseball and can help this team ASAP).  If he's not up on Friday, it will only be because Hoystein doesn't think he's ready to contribute to the major league club yet.  I really think it's that simple and Gordo and his ilk can go get bent.

I don't think they break him in at home.  They didn't do that with Baez or Soler. Road opens.  Less media, no raving fans.  Still betting the 20th or 24th.

I don't get this.  Is Bryant getting little media attention now?  March was Kris Bryant month on MLB Network.  I think this whole "debut him on the road only" thing is weird.

This.  There are two ways of debuting: at home, or away.  As it happens, the last two Cubs' prospects have debuted on the road.  Who knows if that was deliberate or not?  What I do know is that it's a stretch to subsequently conclude that Bryant can't debut at Wrigley.

Having said that, I can't wait for the 50/50 chance to go against me so that Internet Chuck gets to pretend that he was right all along.

THERE MUST HAVE BEEN SUM MISTAKE.  DAT THEO GUY ONLY EVER CALLS GUYS UP ON THE ROAD!  ITS A TREND!  YOU CANT BUCK DA TREND, MY FRENTS!!!1!

(I'm not going to lie, I've been really, really looking forward to that, you fucking morans)

Fortunately, I'm better at trend analysis at work than I am here. So I get to keep my house.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #598 on: April 17, 2015, 07:15:29 AM »
KRISMASTIME!!!!!

*Slips into his Sunday-best windpants*

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #599 on: April 17, 2015, 07:22:56 AM »
I guess...I was right?

*Also, the HR he hit yesterday looked like he hit it off the end of the bat. If not for Addison Russell's 2-out single down the 3B line, Bryant doesn't get that AB in the game. I was close to hammered last night, so it's good to see I didn't dream the callup.

Oh, one more thing...Chris* tossed me a ball over the dugout.

*Valaika