News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread  ( 138,751 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread
« Reply #600 on: April 17, 2015, 07:41:01 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 17, 2015, 01:03:00 AM
Quote from: Tonker on April 14, 2015, 12:35:23 PM
Quote from: Oleg on April 14, 2015, 12:04:18 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 14, 2015, 11:21:26 AM
Quote from: Oleg on April 14, 2015, 11:14:22 AM
Does anyone really think that Ephoyer gives two shits about what some shitty sportswriter writes about the reasons for the Bryant thing?  I fully expect him to be up on Friday for good because it may be what's best for The Cubs (both in terms of sending him down for the extra year of control and for bringing him up as soon as possible because he's good at baseball and can help this team ASAP).  If he's not up on Friday, it will only be because Hoystein doesn't think he's ready to contribute to the major league club yet.  I really think it's that simple and Gordo and his ilk can go get bent.

I don't think they break him in at home.  They didn't do that with Baez or Soler. Road opens.  Less media, no raving fans.  Still betting the 20th or 24th.

I don't get this.  Is Bryant getting little media attention now?  March was Kris Bryant month on MLB Network.  I think this whole "debut him on the road only" thing is weird.

This.  There are two ways of debuting: at home, or away.  As it happens, the last two Cubs' prospects have debuted on the road.  Who knows if that was deliberate or not?  What I do know is that it's a stretch to subsequently conclude that Bryant can't debut at Wrigley.

Having said that, I can't wait for the 50/50 chance to go against me so that Internet Chuck gets to pretend that he was right all along.

THERE MUST HAVE BEEN SUM MISTAKE.  DAT THEO GUY ONLY EVER CALLS GUYS UP ON THE ROAD!  ITS A TREND!  YOU CANT BUCK DA TREND, MY FRENTS!!!1!

(I'm not going to lie, I've been really, really looking forward to that, you fucking morans)

Man who's been putting the muscle in Tonker's kangaroo venison lately?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #601 on: April 17, 2015, 07:44:40 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 17, 2015, 07:41:01 AM
Does anyone really think that Ephoyer gives two shits about what some shitty sportswriter writes about the reasons for the Bryant thing?  I fully expect him to be up on Friday for good because it may be what's best for The Cubs (both in terms of sending him down for the extra year of control and for bringing him up as soon as possible because he's good at baseball and can help this team ASAP).  If he's not up on Friday, it will only be because Hoystein doesn't think he's ready to contribute to the major league club yet.  I really think it's that simple and Gordo and his ilk can go get bent.

I don't think they break him in at home.  They didn't do that with Baez or Soler. Road opens.  Less media, no raving fans.  Still betting the 20th or 24th.

I don't get this.  Is Bryant getting little media attention now?  March was Kris Bryant month on MLB Network.  I think this whole "debut him on the road only" thing is weird.

This.  There are two ways of debuting: at home, or away.  As it happens, the last two Cubs' prospects have debuted on the road.  Who knows if that was deliberate or not?  What I do know is that it's a stretch to subsequently conclude that Bryant can't debut at Wrigley.

Having said that, I can't wait for the 50/50 chance to go against me so that Internet Chuck gets to pretend that he was right all along.

THERE MUST HAVE BEEN SUM MISTAKE.  DAT THEO GUY ONLY EVER CALLS GUYS UP ON THE ROAD!  ITS A TREND!  YOU CANT BUCK DA TREND, MY FRENTS!!!1!

(I'm not going to lie, I've been really, really looking forward to that, you fucking morans)

Well, venison is muscle tissue, so ... the Kangaroo?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #602 on: April 17, 2015, 07:46:43 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 17, 2015, 07:44:40 AM
Quote from: PANK! on April 17, 2015, 07:41:01 AM

Well, venison is muscle tissue, so ... the Kangaroo?

Damn you.  Damn you straight to Brian Schlitter's blazing firebarn.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #603 on: April 17, 2015, 08:26:49 AM »
I gladly accept any shit thrown my way for predicting Bryant would be called up on the road. It does not matter. On this day all sins are forgiven and we embark on a new life. Forgotten are the Shane Andrews and Willie Greenes of the world. Kris Bryant is here to mend all of our broken, stupid hearts.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: April 17, 2015, 08:28:07 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 17, 2015, 08:26:49 AM
I gladly accept any shit thrown my way for predicting Bryant would be called up on the road. It does not matter. On this day all sins are forgiven and we embark on a new life. Forgotten are the Shane Andrews and Willie Greenes of the world. Kris Bryant is here to mend all of our broken, stupid hearts.

What else would we do on the internet, agree on stuff? Psh.

Also, #17! Right again!
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #605 on: April 17, 2015, 08:32:59 AM »
I gladly accept any shit thrown my way for predicting Bryant would be called up on the road. It does not matter. On this day all sins are forgiven and we embark on a new life.   Forgotten are theShane Andrews and Willie Greenesof the world  . Kris Bryant is here to mend all of our broken, stupid hearts.

The solid near-decade of pancake-smashing homeruns that Aramis Ramirez hit already did that for me.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #606 on: April 17, 2015, 08:41:37 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 17, 2015, 08:32:59 AM
I gladly accept any shit thrown my way for predicting Bryant would be called up on the road. It does not matter. On this day all sins are forgiven and we embark on a new life.   Forgotten are theShane Andrews and Willie Greenesof the world  . Kris Bryant is here to mend all of our broken, stupid hearts.

The solid near-decade of pancake-smashing homeruns that Aramis Ramirez hit already did that for me.

Right? WTF, SKO?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: April 17, 2015, 08:41:47 AM »

Fair point, but irrelevant.

KRIS BRYANT
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #608 on: April 17, 2015, 08:43:03 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 17, 2015, 08:41:37 AM

Right? WTF, SKO?

I was just plucking two shitty players out of a bin as representative of our collective fan experience rooting for the Cubs, and commenting on how Bryant will end this century of failure. It wasn't meant to rate him as the only good 3B the Cubs have had in our lifetimes and send Aramis into the land of the forgotten. MY BAD.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: April 17, 2015, 08:45:25 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 17, 2015, 08:43:03 AM

Right? WTF, SKO?

I was just plucking two shitty players out of a bin as representative of our collective fan experience rooting for the Cubs, and commenting on how Bryant will end this century of failure. It wasn't meant to rate him as the only good 3B the Cubs have had in our lifetimes and send Aramis into the land of the forgotten. MY BAD.

Party foul.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: April 17, 2015, 08:48:09 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 17, 2015, 08:43:03 AM

Right? WTF, SKO?

It's fine.  It's just that I had gotten so tired of "Geez, the Cubs have had so many shitty 3rd baseman since RON SANTO" that it was just another reason to love Aramis.  Never forget.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: April 17, 2015, 08:49:49 AM »

I'll decide that, if you don't mind.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: April 17, 2015, 08:50:28 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 17, 2015, 08:49:49 AM

I'll decide that, if you don't mind.

I do.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #613 on: April 17, 2015, 09:04:27 AM »
What is Internet Chuck doing? Why is he hating on Mark Grace?

When I was a kid, I watched a lot of Cubs baseball and Mark Grace was my favorite baseball player. I played 1B and wore #17 because of him. I was too young to even know or understand what went on in Grace's personal life...I just knew he was a nails 1B. And I liked him. I just liked the guy.

So, I'm just wondering...I know Grace was apparently not a saint, but still...who cares? Don't taint my childhood, Chuck. Or I'll break your internet kneecaps.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: April 17, 2015, 09:10:02 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 17, 2015, 09:04:27 AM
What is Internet Chuck doing? Why is he hating on Mark Grace?

When I was a kid, I watched a lot of Cubs baseball and Mark Grace was my favorite baseball player. I played 1B and wore #17 because of him. I was too young to even know or understand what went on in Grace's personal life...I just knew he was a nails 1B. And I liked him. I just liked the guy.

So, I'm just wondering...I know Grace was apparently not a saint, but still...who cares? Don't taint my childhood, Chuck. Or I'll break your internet kneecaps.

You might have to join a queue.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.