News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread  ( 138,872 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kris Bryant Firehose of Splooge Thread
« Reply #660 on: April 20, 2015, 11:32:22 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 20, 2015, 09:55:38 AM
The thing that is going to make NL pitchers self-deficate is that Bryant has managed in three games to adjust to pitchers changing speeds at the big league level. He's not only a golden god when he swings the bat, but he's looking really fucking smart up there too.

A couple slapdick hits in a group of swing-and-misses is all we need for a golden god now? Let's wait til he starts squaring it up, which I hope will be today, before we crown his ass. His approach has been very good since the first game so it's only a matter of time.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #661 on: April 20, 2015, 11:47:48 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 20, 2015, 11:32:22 AM
The thing that is going to make NL pitchers self-deficate is that Bryant has managed in three games to adjust to pitchers changing speeds at the big league level. He's not only a golden god when he swings the bat, but he's looking really fucking smart up there too.

A couple slapdick hits in a group of swing-and-misses is all we need for a golden god now? Let's wait til he starts squaring it up, which I hope will be today, before we crown his ass. His approach has been very good since the first game so it's only a matter of time.

That double he hit has no similarities to anything slapdickish. It was right on the screws.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #662 on: April 20, 2015, 11:49:44 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 20, 2015, 11:47:48 AM

That double he hit has no similarities to anything slapdickish. It was right on the screws.

I forgot about that double, you're right about that. That's only one solid hit though. After he hits three homers today we'll forget all about this.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #663 on: April 20, 2015, 11:56:50 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 20, 2015, 11:49:44 AM

I forgot about that double, you're right about that. That's only one solid hit though. After he hits three homers today we'll forget all about this.

What was most important to me was him adjusting. He looks like a very smart hitter who knows he can't just take one approach.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #664 on: April 20, 2015, 11:57:41 AM »

Burnett (who's still pretty darn good) will be the worst pitcher he's faced yet. Tough first week.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #665 on: April 20, 2015, 11:58:14 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 20, 2015, 11:56:50 AM

What was most important to me was him adjusting. He looks like a very smart hitter who knows he can't just take one approach.

To me he looks like a guy who took four at bats to at least stop getting himself out by chasing pitcher's pitches. If he stays that patient, he'll get pitches to hit eventually. For now, he can keep on keeping on.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #666 on: April 20, 2015, 11:58:53 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 20, 2015, 11:57:41 AM

Burnett (who's still pretty darn good) will be the worst pitcher he's faced yet. Tough first week.

I had no idea who Tyson Ross was before Saturday and looked him up afterward but damn that dude has some good stuff. That slider was wicked.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #667 on: April 20, 2015, 12:03:09 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 20, 2015, 11:58:14 AM

To me he looks like a guy who took four at bats to at least stop getting himself out by chasing pitcher's pitches. If he stays that patient, he'll get pitches to hit eventually. For now, he can keep on keeping on.

To me he looks like a guy who was running on pure adrenaline in Game One, and since then he's been settling into doing the things that got him here. He's actually looked decent defensively, and when I watched him last year and in spring training, he looked kind of slow to the ball.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #668 on: April 20, 2015, 12:04:47 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 20, 2015, 12:03:09 PM

To me he looks like a guy who was running on pure adrenaline in Game One, and since then he's been settling into doing the things that got him here. He's actually looked decent defensively, and when I watched him last year and in spring training, he looked kind of slow to the ball.

To me it looks like what I said and what you said do not contradict each other, so I'll endorse what you said as well.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #669 on: April 20, 2015, 12:08:10 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 20, 2015, 12:04:47 PM

To me it looks like what I said and what you said do not contradict each other, so I'll endorse what you said as well.

Disagree. Seems like you and Fork were saying the same thing.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #670 on: April 20, 2015, 12:09:27 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 20, 2015, 12:08:10 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 20, 2015, 12:04:47 PM

Disagree. Seems like you and Fork were saying the same thing.

Rebuttal: I said nothing about adrenaline or defense.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #671 on: April 20, 2015, 12:12:31 PM »

Len and JD mentioned this on the broadcast but he's being pitched like he's Mike Trout instead of some random minor league call-up. He's fouled off the few good pitches he had to hit but that's not going to last.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #672 on: April 20, 2015, 12:15:14 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 20, 2015, 12:12:31 PM

Len and JD mentioned this on the broadcast but he's being pitched like he's Mike Trout instead of some random minor league call-up. He's fouled off the few good pitches he had to hit but that's not going to last.

Honestly outside of the pitch he hit for a double and the one he fucked up for a popout in his last AB yesterday it seemed like the only pitcher who gave him a pitch to hit was Craig Kimbrel, and calling a fastball from Craig Kimbrel "a pitch to hit" seems unkind.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #673 on: April 20, 2015, 12:31:46 PM »
Take a couple minutes and enjoy this.
TIME TO POST!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #674 on: April 20, 2015, 12:36:45 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 20, 2015, 12:31:46 PM
Take a couple minutes and enjoy this.

Joakim Noah is the best.