News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fargo  ( 33,508 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fargo
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2014, 01:07:28 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 24, 2014, 11:57:39 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 24, 2014, 11:43:30 AM
http://tv.blog.imdb.net/2014/07/21/tca-more-details-on-fargos-second-season/

QuoteDays before FX brought casts and producers from its shows before the critics assembled at the Television Critics Association's Summer Press Tour, there was word of a super-secret "surprise" panel that, as many correctly guessed, ended up being for "Fargo." FX announced Monday morning that it had picked up the critically-acclaimed limited series for a second season run consisting of ten episodes, which was probably shocking to absolutely nobody.

But it was a nice to have executive producer and writer Noah Hawley, and fellow executive producer Warren Littlefield, on hand to share details about the second season. Here's what Hawley told us: Season two will be set in 1979 and follow Keith Carradine's character Lou Solverson, Molly Solverson's doting father, says Hawley.  We'll also meet Molly's mom, and Molly (played in season one by Allison Tolman) will be four years old.

Hawley pointed out that during season one there were a lot of references to Sioux Falls. "That is not an accident," he said. Indeed, the action will take place in and around mostly Laverne, Minn., Sioux Falls and, naturally, Fargo. Though the crimes will be different from year to year, Hawley insists that Fargo, the locale, must always be a main character. "The word itself is so evocative," he said. "It's a state of mind."

As it currently stands, nobody from the season one cast is returning. Season two will introduce an entirely new cast.

According to Hawley, the story begins with 33-year-old Lou having freshly returned from Vietnam and wrestling with living in the pre-Reagan era, in a time the writer characterizes as "the best of America versus the worst of America." In this past era, Lou Solverson is a state police officer and his father-in-law is Laverne's chief lawman. As for the nature of the new "true crime" to be explored in season two, Hawley hinted, "The Vietnam War came home with people, and Lou Solverson thought he'd left the war behind only to find out that it has come home with him."

At first I was like, "Nah." But after reading that synopsis, I'm totally in.

As hackneyed as the "The war came home with him" storyline has become, I fully expect this will be awesome.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2014, 02:17:47 PM »
They could of at least spelled "Luverne" right.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2015, 07:01:45 PM »
BUMP for casting announcements and more background:

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/06/everything-we-know-about-fargo-s2/5/

QuoteThe all new "true crime" case of Fargo's new chapter travels back to 1979 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and Luverne, Minnesota, where a young State Police Officer "Lou Solverson" (Patrick Wilson), recently back from Vietnam, investigates a case involving a local crime gang and a major Mob syndicate. Helping him piece things together is his father-in-law, "Sheriff Hank Larsson" (Ted Danson). The investigation will lead them to a colorful cast of characters that includes "Karl Weathers" (Nick Offerman), the town lawyer of Luverne, Minnesota. A Korean War vet, Karl is a flowery drunk blessed with the gift of gab and the eloquence of a true con artist. Three-time Emmy winner Brad Garrett will play "Joe Bulo," the front man for the northern expansion of a Kansas City crime syndicate. The new face of corporate crime, Joe's bringing a Walmart mentality to small town America. His number two is "Mike Milligan" (Bokeem Woodbine). Part enforcer, part detective, Mike is always smiling – but the joke is usually on you. Bulo and his crew have their sights set on the Gerhardt crime family in Fargo, currently led by matriarch "Floyd Gerhardt" (Jean Smart). With her husband at death's door, Floyd takes over the family business, frustrating her eldest son, "Dodd Gerhardt" (Jeffrey Donovan). An impatient hothead with a cruel streak to match his ambitions, Dodd can't wait for both his parents to die so he can take over and expand their business from kingdom to empire. "Bear Gerhardt" (Angus Sampson) is the middle son, an intimidatingly large man who, although inarticulate, is the most decent of his clan. "Rye Gerhardt" (Kieran Culkin), the youngest of the Gerhardt clan, views himself as a big shot, but in reality he's just a small dog who barks big.

Also, Bruce Campbell as Ronald Reagan.

Interesting, a lot of actors here known more for comedy, and a Burn Notice reunion for Fork.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2015, 09:34:47 PM »
Aaanndd we're back.

I chased the Cubs series clinching win over the Cardinals with the season premiere of Fargo, and I was not disappointed.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2015, 09:36:16 PM »
I fucked up and missed last season. I thought I heard it was miniseries format. Is that correct? Do I need to have seen season 1?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2015, 07:23:44 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 13, 2015, 09:36:16 PM
I fucked up and missed last season. I thought I heard it was miniseries format. Is that correct? Do I need to have seen season 1?

The second season deals an incident in the past of a character from the first season, but you don't need to have seen season 1 to follow it.

However you should watch season one at some point because it's great.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2015, 08:22:17 AM »
Quote from: CT III on October 14, 2015, 07:23:44 AM

The second season deals an incident in the past of a character from the first season, but you don't need to have seen season 1 to follow it.

This.

Also, I finally watched the season premiere last night and I am suitably stoked for the rest of the season.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2015, 10:03:35 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 15, 2015, 08:22:17 AM
Quote from: CT III on October 14, 2015, 07:23:44 AM

This.

Also, I finally watched the season premiere last night and I am suitably stoked for the rest of the season.

Minor point of note: the IBM Selectric II is virtually indestructible.  I know this because there is one in a cubicle not 15 feet from where I am currently sitting.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2015, 10:56:30 PM »
Bump.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2015, 11:04:16 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 21, 2015, 10:56:30 PM
Bump.

Shaping up to be a great season. Bokeem Woodbine is the TRUTH.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2015, 12:09:03 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 23, 2015, 11:04:16 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 21, 2015, 10:56:30 PM
Bump.

Shaping up to be a great season. Bokeem Woodbine is the TRUTH.

This. The boys' shoe size bit stole the scene, but that entire interaction with Danson was really great.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2015, 01:24:42 PM »
— Know thyself.
What are you on about?
— It's in the Bible.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2015, 11:00:11 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 27, 2015, 01:24:42 PM
— Know thyself.
What are you on about?
— It's in the Bible.

"Agree."
"Agree to what?"
"No, that's the name of the shampoo."

"But it's the way you're unfriendly. You're so polite about it. Like you're doing me a favor."

Also, goddamn Lou Solverson has some brass balls.  Both those standoffs were tense as hell, and we KNOW he's going to make it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2015, 11:32:54 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 28, 2015, 11:00:11 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 27, 2015, 01:24:42 PM
— Know thyself.
What are you on about?
— It's in the Bible.

"Agree."
"Agree to what?"
"No, that's the name of the shampoo."

"But it's the way you're unfriendly. You're so polite about it. Like you're doing me a favor."

Also, goddamn Lou Solverson has some brass balls.  Both those standoffs were tense as hell, and we KNOW he's going to make it.
Seriously. If I didn't know he was going to survive, I'd have probably had a grabber both times.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2015, 09:57:53 PM »
I don't have much to say about this week's episode other than I loved it.