News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kyle SKOwarber Hulking Thread of Sploogepower  ( 71,504 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kyle SKOwarber Hulking Thread of Sploogepower
« Reply #600 on: May 30, 2017, 01:58:43 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 30, 2017, 01:52:19 PM
The way I see it is you'd demote him to Iowa if you felt he needed to learn something or if he was blocking someone better. Considering Happ is already cooling off and might need to go back himself there's not a ton of organizational depth in the outfield. If you demote Schwarber you're probably playing Bryant every day in left and Javy at 3rd, but Javy largely looks good because Joe picks his spots and his matchups still. When he plays every day he tends to struggle. You're just robbing from Peter to pay Paul.

I believe that's called "managing".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #601 on: May 30, 2017, 02:08:41 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 30, 2017, 01:58:43 PM
The way I see it is you'd demote him to Iowa if you felt he needed to learn something or if he was blocking someone better. Considering Happ is already cooling off and might need to go back himself there's not a ton of organizational depth in the outfield. If you demote Schwarber you're probably playing Bryant every day in left and Javy at 3rd, but Javy largely looks good because Joe picks his spots and his matchups still. When he plays every day he tends to struggle. You're just robbing from Peter to pay Paul.

I believe that's called "managing".

Oh I wasn't complaining, just saying Javy is not quite ready to be a 600 PA regular, Joe handles Javy better than anyone on the roster. I was just saying "Demote Schwarber, put Bryant in LF, play Javy every day" probably doesn't represent much of an upgrade offensively because Every Day Javy probably doesn't hit as well as special utility player Javy.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #602 on: May 30, 2017, 04:11:59 PM »
Well, Yellon just came out in favor of a demotion. Decided he'd had enough of SKO's logic and switched to mine.

Funeral services for Chuck Gitles at Shalom Memorial, 10 AM Thursday.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #603 on: May 30, 2017, 04:43:28 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 30, 2017, 04:11:59 PM
Well, Yellon just came out in favor of a demotion. Decided he'd had enough of SKO's logic and switched to mine.

RIP, International Space Station.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: May 30, 2017, 06:38:07 PM »

Will it be catered?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #605 on: May 30, 2017, 08:56:32 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 30, 2017, 06:38:07 PM

Will it be catered?

A Jewish funeral? Catered?

If you have to ask, you can't come.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #606 on: May 30, 2017, 10:32:04 PM »

FYCAL
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: May 31, 2017, 11:28:44 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 30, 2017, 08:56:32 PM

Will it be catered?

But I was going to bring a kugel.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #608 on: May 31, 2017, 12:17:31 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 31, 2017, 11:28:44 AM

Will it be catered?

With frosted flakes on top? Well... what do I care.  I'm dead.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: May 31, 2017, 01:39:06 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 31, 2017, 12:17:31 PM

Will it be catered?

With frosted flakes Zorilla Crunch on top? Well... what do I care.  I'm dead.

TIME TO POST!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: May 31, 2017, 02:04:03 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 31, 2017, 01:39:06 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 31, 2017, 12:17:31 PM

Will it be catered?

With frosted flakes Zorilla Crunch on top? Well... what do I care.  I'm dead.

Original / traditional kugels aren't sweet.

Sometimes I think I'm more Jewish than Irish.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: May 31, 2017, 09:18:29 PM »

Shut up Paul, you're a douche.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: May 31, 2017, 09:48:22 PM »
Quote from: CT III on May 31, 2017, 09:18:29 PM

You send Schwarber to Iowa and SKO's life will be turned on its head. He'll be stopped on his trips to pick up diapers and beer at the Hy-vee for people to request autographs and photographs with WORLD SERIES HERO KYLE SCHWARBER! Groupies will approach him at the Indianola Arby's as he dines with his family and they will ask him why he  didn't call, oblivious that the real Kyle Schwarber is in fact on a 9-game road trip through Omaha, Colorado Springs and Albuquerque.

Couple that with the fact that it really is a dumb idea, and it's easy to see why he's against it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #613 on: June 01, 2017, 12:21:45 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 31, 2017, 09:48:22 PM
Quote from: CT III on May 31, 2017, 09:18:29 PM

You send Schwarber to Iowa and SKO's life will be turned on its head. He'll be stopped on his trips to pick up diapers and beer at the Hy-vee for people to request autographs and photographs with WORLD SERIES HERO KYLE SCHWARBER! Groupies will approach him at the Indianola Arby's as he dines with his family and they will ask him why he  didn't call, oblivious that the real Kyle Schwarber is in fact on a 9-game road trip through Omaha, Colorado Springs and Albuquerque.

Couple that with the fact that it really is a dumb idea, and it's easy to see why he's against it.

I'm dying

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: June 01, 2017, 06:50:08 AM »
I don't think sending down Schwarber makes a whole lot of sense but they do have a guy in Mark Zagunis who is OPSing .879 in Iowa right now. He was drafted in the 3rd round the same year as Schwarber. He's not a godsend but they could, in theory, bring someone up to replace this current shitty version of Kyle