News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2014-15 Bulls "Shit is Getting Real" Thread  ( 34,737 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2014-15 Bulls "Shit is Getting Real" Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2015, 09:21:22 AM »
If we're talking about firebarning people, how about Worthless Human Being Kirk Hinrich? I think I'd rather watch Cameron Bairstow try and play shooting guard then watch this old asshole stumble over his own dick trying to guard Kyrie Irving.

But hey the Bulls won in spite of him!

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2015, 09:38:54 AM »
Quote from: R-V on May 05, 2015, 09:21:22 AM
If we're talking about firebarning people, how about Worthless Human Being Kirk Hinrich? I think I'd rather watch Cameron Bairstow try and play shooting guard then watch this old asshole stumble over his own dick trying to guard Kyrie Irving.

But hey the Bulls won in spite of him!

Cleveland came out flat and played like imbeciles. You can tell they're more talented at a few spots but completely clueless at almost every other. I don't know about Blatt. His eyes are too close together. It's a problem.

The Bulls kept doing what worked and the Cavs seemed uninterested in stopping them. That's a dumb basketball team. The return of J.R. Smith, basketball savant probably won't help matters much. Outside of LeBron and Iriving going completely out of their minds, the Cavs look like they'll lose this series. And even if the Bulls turn back into the Bulls and start missing shots and getting hurt and running out of gas down the stretch, Cleveland doesn't look like they can go much further.

It's not that Love is all that spectacular, and he's not used properly in Cavs offense while being a negative on defense, he does knock down threes, which LeBron and Kyrie need in order to get their drive and dish game going. They were really figuring things out toward the end of the season after, what, six months together? Now they're just stupid.

The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2015, 08:23:24 AM »
If they can't beat a Loveless Cleveland team that also features a gimpy LeBron and Irving, is Thibs gone? I think it's assumed that whoever replaces him will be a worse coach and yet this all feels very inevitable.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2015, 08:48:22 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 13, 2015, 08:23:24 AM
If they can't beat a Loveless Cleveland team that also features a gimpy LeBron and Irving, is Thibs gone? I think it's assumed that whoever replaces him will be a worse coach and yet this all feels very inevitable.

probably gone. I thought he was gone regardless.

I think they can win game six and make Cavs fans sweat out game seven but still come up short.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2015, 08:54:27 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 13, 2015, 08:48:22 AM

I think they can win game six and make Cavs fans sweat out game seven but still come up short.

I'd like to see LeBron come out with that Game 6 in Boston thousand-yard stare and put away a wounded team on the road. He rarely goes into "Me Against The World (so you can all eat shit and die)" mode after wins. I'd like to see it for once. That's one of the final knocks on him. They said he wasn't clutch and that's in the dustbin of ancient history along with the can't be the man on a title winner horseshit. All the haters have now is some stupidity about flopping, which every team does and something about a passionate, killer instinct that Kobe and Jordan had and he apparently doesn't. I hope one of you people will be kind enough to remind him of that on his way to the court Thursday night.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2015, 09:00:48 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 13, 2015, 08:54:27 AM

I'd like to see LeBron come out with that Game 6 in Boston thousand-yard stare and put away a wounded team on the road. He rarely goes into "Me Against The World (so you can all eat shit and die)" mode after wins. I'd like to see it for once. That's one of the final knocks on him. They said he wasn't clutch and that's in the dustbin of ancient history along with the can't be the man on a title winner horseshit. All the haters have now is some stupidity about flopping, which every team does and something about a passionate, killer instinct that Kobe and Jordan had and he apparently doesn't. I hope one of you people will be kind enough to remind him of that on his way to the court Thursday night.

I'll do it.  Hell, he could just go look at the Jordan statue and try to figure it out.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2015, 09:06:29 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 13, 2015, 09:00:48 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 13, 2015, 08:54:27 AM

I'll do it.  Hell, he could just go look at the Jordan statue and try to figure it out.

He doesn't watch tv or deal with social media during the playoffs but if somebody could figure a way to get some Jordan elimination game tape in front of his face today, that probably wouldn't hurt. That punctuated by a Joakim "Cleveland Sucks" sound bite might turn the worm all the way over. I'm not going to go full meatball if he does come out sharing the ball and missing open jumpers. As long as he's not dribbling and dribbling and jab stepping and killing the offense, he should be ok. The zero turnovers last night was a great start to him snapping out of whatever funk he's been in recently. Some credit goes to the Bulls for cutting off driving lanes and injuries around him reducing passing options. But he's been a better-passing Carmelo Anthony for most of this season and it's kind of disgusting.  

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2015, 09:11:33 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 13, 2015, 09:06:29 AM
if somebody could figure a way to get some Jordan elimination game tape in front of his face today, that probably wouldn't hurt.

There's very little of that.  Going back to, and including, the 1990 season, Jordan only played in 4 of them.  He won two.  None of them in the NBA Finals.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2015, 09:27:25 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 13, 2015, 09:11:33 AM
if somebody could figure a way to get some Jordan elimination game tape in front of his face today, that probably wouldn't hurt.

There's very little of that.  Going back to, and including, the 1990 season, Jordan only played in 4 of them.  He won two.  None of them in the NBA Finals.

I'm talking about the games in which Jordan's opponent was on the verge of elimination, but again, thanks for adding insight about a sport you don't watch.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2015, 09:36:18 AM »

All Game 7's are elimination games but not all elimination games are Game 7's, Chuck. Sheesh.  Jordan himself closed out two separate Cleveland series at the buzzer--one of which was a Game 5 which was an ultimate elimination game (The Shot in '89, obvi).

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2015, 09:41:34 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 13, 2015, 09:27:25 AM

I'm talking about the games in which Jordan's opponent was on the verge of elimination, but again, thanks for adding insight about a sport you don't watch.

So, you want him to gain inspiration from the loser?  Check.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2015, 09:41:57 AM »

And now Chuck's got me wondering what 4 instances he's talking about.  If you're talking 7 game series, then there are only 3, going back to '89-'90--Detroit in '90 when they lost in the ECF, NY Knicks in ECSF in '92 when they won and Pacers in '98 ECF when they won.  What's the 4th?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2015, 09:42:59 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 13, 2015, 09:41:57 AM

And now Chuck's got me wondering what 4 instances he's talking about.  If you're talking 7 game series, then there are only 3, going back to '89-'90--Detroit in '90 when they lost in the ECF, NY Knicks in ECSF in '92 when they won and Pacers in '98 ECF when they won.  What's the 4th?

1995 when they lost to the Magic in 6.  Jordan only faced elimination 4 times from 1990 on, 6 times if you include "The Shot" 1989 season.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2015, 09:44:04 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 13, 2015, 09:27:25 AM

Chuck bitches about having tickets to the games.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2015, 09:45:19 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 13, 2015, 09:42:59 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 13, 2015, 09:41:57 AM

And now Chuck's got me wondering what 4 instances he's talking about.  If you're talking 7 game series, then there are only 3, going back to '89-'90--Detroit in '90 when they lost in the ECF, NY Knicks in ECSF in '92 when they won and Pacers in '98 ECF when they won.  What's the 4th?

1995 when they lost to the Magic in 6.

One key to facing so few elimination games might be to retire a couple times in the prime of your career. That's using the fire and the passion in a nifty, veteran-savvy way, no doubt.