News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Better Call Saul  ( 41,975 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2016, 02:13:25 AM »
Can I watch this without having watched Breaking Bad?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2016, 02:29:27 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 17, 2016, 02:13:25 AM

Yes. You'll only miss the callbacks and in-jokes. This show appears to hold its own but it's hard to tell for sure since I've watched BrBa all the way through at least five times.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2016, 10:04:06 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 17, 2016, 02:29:27 AM

Yes. You'll only miss the callbacks and in-jokes. This show appears to hold its own but it's hard to tell for sure since I've watched BrBa all the way through at least five times.

I did not watch Breaking Bad.  The answer is yes.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2016, 12:22:37 PM »
Quote from: CT III on February 17, 2016, 10:04:06 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 17, 2016, 02:29:27 AM

I did not watch Breaking Bad.  The answer is yes.
I tried to watch Breaking Bad but I couldn't stay interested.  This show, however, stands up well on its own.  It is a spot-on depiction of the way that many individual practitioners have to get along.  That is not a prescription for a general audience to remain interested.  But as a prequel to Breaking Bad it is fascinating.  So far it has nothing to do with the illegal drug trade, but how a shyster (I hate that word but it fits in this context) makes a living.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2016, 10:53:55 PM »
Jimmy has to get fired next week, right? I can't imagine he can talk his way out of it after what he did.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2016, 11:17:38 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on March 02, 2016, 10:53:55 PM
Jimmy has to get fired next week, right? I can't imagine he can talk his way out of it after what he did.

Yeah, I can't figure a way he gets out of this smelling like a rose. Of course, even if he survives, that only postpones the inevitable.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2016, 03:10:39 AM »

It's Slippin' Jimmy we're talking about. If anyone can survive this it's him.

Also that was the angriest at being confronted with the credits instead of more show that I've been in quite some time.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2016, 08:15:09 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 03, 2016, 03:10:39 AM

Also that was the angriest at being confronted with the credits instead of more show that I've been in quite some time.

I actually sat there for a second blankly, thinking: "no more show? Boooooooo."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2016, 05:21:54 PM »
Quote from: Bort on March 03, 2016, 08:15:09 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 03, 2016, 03:10:39 AM

I actually sat there for a second blankly, thinking: "no more show? Boooooooo."

I think that's the first time I've felt that since Justified went off.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2016, 09:36:55 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 17, 2016, 01:48:29 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 16, 2016, 11:59:29 PM
Good start to season two. Welcome back, Jimmy.

And welcome back "KEN WINS." That was great.

Welcome back, Krazy-8.

And that scene with Mike and Lawson was the balls.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2016, 12:30:09 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on March 08, 2016, 09:36:55 PM

Welcome back, Krazy-8.

Lawson?

For some reason i can't remember Krazy 8 from Breaking Bad and I feel like I'm starting to miss so many sly allusions to BB that I need to go back and binge-watch it again.

Nearly every scene with Mike is the balls.  He's as much the star of this prequel/spinoff as Jimmy is.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2016, 12:35:40 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 09, 2016, 12:30:09 PM

Welcome back, Krazy-8.

Lawson?

For some reason i can't remember Krazy 8 from Breaking Bad and I feel like I'm starting to miss so many sly allusions to BB that I need to go back and binge-watch it again.

Nearly every scene with Mike is the balls.  He's as much the star of this prequel/spinoff as Jimmy is.

Krazy-8 was the guy Walt locked in his basement. And he was the guy giving money to Tuco in this episode.

The gun salesman was the same guy Walt bought his gun from.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2016, 01:11:38 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 09, 2016, 12:35:40 PM

Welcome back, Krazy-8.

Lawson?

Krazy-8 was the guy Walt locked in his basement. And he was the guy giving money to Tuco in this episode.

Well I know he was the guy giving money to Tuco because the episode was just on 40 hours ago and I'm old and shit but I'm not that old that I can't remember something from 40 hours ago.

I just don't remember him from BB--though I do recall the basement scene now that you mention it...I just don't remember the face--nor do I remember the guy who sold Walt his guns. 

Someone on the interwebs wondered where this show ranked as far as spinoffs are concerned.   Somebody threw out Frasier-from-Cheers....there are a few (though not terribly many) others I'm sure, but this would be toward the top, in spite of how high a bar Breaking Bad set.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2016, 02:36:53 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 09, 2016, 01:11:38 PM

Welcome back, Krazy-8.

Lawson?

Well I know he was the guy giving money to Tuco because the episode was just on 40 hours ago and I'm old and shit but I'm not that old that I can't remember something from 40 hours ago.

I just don't remember him from BB--though I do recall the basement scene now that you mention it...I just don't remember the face--nor do I remember the guy who sold Walt his guns. 

Someone on the interwebs wondered where this show ranked as far as spinoffs are concerned.   Somebody threw out Frasier-from-Cheers....there are a few (though not terribly many) others I'm sure, but this would be toward the top, in spite of how high a bar Breaking Bad set.

Krazy-8 (real name Domingo) is the low-level distributor/DEA informant who Walt and Jesse bolted to a beam in Jesse's basement with a bike lock. Walt eventually chokes him to death with it when Krazy-8 tries to stick him with a plate shard. And he's the reason Walt SPOILER!!!!! cuts the crust off every sandwich for the rest of his life.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2016, 06:17:34 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 09, 2016, 02:36:53 PM
Quote from: PANK! on March 09, 2016, 01:11:38 PM

Welcome back, Krazy-8.

Lawson?

Krazy-8 (real name Domingo) is the low-level distributor/DEA informant who Walt and Jesse bolted to a beam in Jesse's basement with a bike lock. Walt eventually chokes him to death with it when Krazy-8 tries to stick him with a plate shard. And he's the reason Walt SPOILER!!!!! cuts the crust off every sandwich for the rest of his life.
The law firm is appalled at Jimmy's violation of the ethical standards of the firm by running a TV commercial, but they stop short of turning down the clients that the advertising brought in. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)