News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Better Call Saul  ( 41,970 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2016, 02:28:35 AM »
"That all you got?"
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2016, 09:24:42 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 09, 2016, 12:35:40 PM
Quote from: PANK! on March 09, 2016, 12:30:09 PM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on March 08, 2016, 09:36:55 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 17, 2016, 01:48:29 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 16, 2016, 11:59:29 PM
Good start to season two. Welcome back, Jimmy.

And welcome back "KEN WINS." That was great.

Welcome back, Krazy-8.

And that scene with Mike and Lawson was the balls.

Lawson?

For some reason i can't remember Krazy 8 from Breaking Bad and I feel like I'm starting to miss so many sly allusions to BB that I need to go back and binge-watch it again.

Nearly every scene with Mike is the balls.  He's as much the star of this prequel/spinoff as Jimmy is.

Krazy-8 was the guy Walt locked in his basement. And he was the guy giving money to Tuco in this episode.

The gun salesman was the same guy Walt bought his gun from.

The actor playing the gun salesman is Jim Beaver. He sold Walt his revolver and later the M60 that Walt rigged up in the car trunk.
He was Whitney Ellsworth in Deadwood (one of my favorite characters) and Sheriff Shelby Parlow on Justified.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2016, 12:14:49 PM »
Quote from: flannj on March 10, 2016, 09:24:42 AM

Welcome back, Krazy-8.

Lawson?

For some reason i can't remember Krazy 8 from Breaking Bad and I feel like I'm starting to miss so many sly allusions to BB that I need to go back and binge-watch it again.

Nearly every scene with Mike is the balls.  He's as much the star of this prequel/spinoff as Jimmy is.

Krazy-8 was the guy Walt locked in his basement. And he was the guy giving money to Tuco in this episode.

The actor playing the gun salesman is Jim Beaver. He sold Walt his revolver and later the M60 that Walt rigged up in the car trunk.
He was Whitney Ellsworth in Deadwood (one of my favorite characters) and Sheriff Shelby Parlow on Justified.
You betchum, Red Ryder.  (racist, or just obscure, or both?)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2016, 12:23:48 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 10, 2016, 12:14:49 PM
Quote from: flannj on March 10, 2016, 09:24:42 AM

Welcome back, Krazy-8.

Lawson?

You betchum, Red Ryder.  (racist, or just obscure, or both?)

Or gynecological.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2016, 08:16:28 AM »
This is my favorite thread on Desipio. Please continue jogging my memory on returning characters. I remember several key events from Breaking Bad, but I only watched each episode once so faces and names tend to elude me. I could only stand one viewing of that show. It's extremely stressful in that every decision leads the main characters down a path of even more unspeakable horror. Knowing now what that horror is, I can't bring myself to re-watch. JennPex has never seen it. And she LOVES crime stories and cop shows and the like, so if she can handle the violence (she watched Sons of Anarchy) then BB would be right up her alley. She says we should binge watch it together and I just... I don't know.

Also, Stew's musings on the legal aspects of the show are almost as entertaining as the show itself. Please keep it all coming.

I like Mike and Saul and Kim and everybody on this show except for Mike's daughter-in-law. She's the pits.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2016, 08:27:33 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 11, 2016, 08:16:28 AM
This is my favorite thread on Desipio. Please continue jogging my memory on returning characters. I remember several key events from Breaking Bad, but I only watched each episode once so faces and names tend to elude me. I could only stand one viewing of that show. It's extremely stressful in that every decision leads the main characters down a path of even more unspeakable horror. Knowing now what that horror is, I can't bring myself to re-watch. JennPex has never seen it. And she LOVES crime stories and cop shows and the like, so if she can handle the violence (she watched Sons of Anarchy) then BB would be right up her alley. She says we should binge watch it together and I just... I don't know.

Also, Stew's musings on the legal aspects of the show are almost as entertaining as the show itself. Please keep it all coming.

I like Mike and Saul and Kim and everybody on this show except for Mike's daughter-in-law. She's the pits.

This week I actually began re-binge-watching Breaking Bad and you have a point--at least in the early going it's a bit hard to swallow.  A couple months ago I binge-watched 5 seasons of The Walking Dead in about 4 weeks and I think I damaged my psyche in doing so; I'm hoping that doesn't happen again.

Having said that, there are some delicious universe parallels.  Of course now I'm very familiar with Krazy 8 (I'm about 4 1/2 eps. in and so Walt's already killed him) but I got to see that the obnoxious asshat trader that Jimmy and Kim pulled one over on for an afternoon of free expensive tequila in the 2nd episode of BCS (1st episode?  3rd?) is the same guy whose car Walt's destroys in the gas station in the 4th (I think) episode of BB (license plate = "Ken Wins").

This is why I'm re-watching BB as those moments make for a pretty fine payoff.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2016, 08:35:56 AM »
Krazy-8 was wearing a shirt from the furniture store his dad owned. Before Walt kills him in BB they talk about his dad's furniture store.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2016, 08:52:37 AM »
Quote from: Tony on March 11, 2016, 08:35:56 AM
Krazy-8 was wearing a shirt from the furniture store his dad owned. Before Walt kills him in BB they talk about his dad's furniture store.

I hope the shirt had an extended warranty.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2016, 10:39:51 AM »
Don't let shopping
Strain your brain-o
Just sing this short refrain-o
Our furniture is bueno
Tampico is the name-o
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2016, 11:18:38 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 11, 2016, 08:52:37 AM
Quote from: Tony on March 11, 2016, 08:35:56 AM

I hope the shirt had an extended warranty.

I bet he popped for the extra Scotchgard treatment.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2016, 11:38:35 AM »
What about Tuco?  That psychopath beats up Mike with a smile on his face knowing that the police are watching him from 10 feet away.  The actor who plays Tuco plays a cop on "Major Crimes".  His character on that show is also pathologic and prone to excessive force and violence.  Typecast?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2016, 04:09:30 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 11, 2016, 11:38:35 AM
What about Tuco?  That psychopath beats up Mike with a smile on his face knowing that the police are watching him from 10 feet away.  The actor who plays Tuco plays a cop on "Major Crimes".  His character on that show is also pathologic and prone to excessive force and violence.  Typecast?

Maybe Raymond Cruz is just a psycho?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2016, 03:16:35 AM »
Damn this show is good. Kim is a great character, too.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2016, 09:54:59 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 15, 2016, 03:16:35 AM
Damn this show is good. Kim is a great character, too.

And just when I was beginning to wonder if Chuck ever had a ladyfriend or if he was gay...or asexual.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2016, 10:06:47 AM »
DPD.

So here's something interesting.  Y'All remember Skinny Pete, the skinny meth-head that was friends with Jesse early on in BB?  Well I'm early in Season 2 and when Jesse and Walter are trying to get some high-volume stuff in front of Tuco without getting their asses blown off, Jesse informs Walter that it turns out his buddy Skinny Pete bunked with Tuco while serving some time.  So Skinny Pete was the "in" for them to meet  Tuco (I mean, the original meeting didn't turn out too well for Jesse of course but still).  

In re-watching that episode last weekend, I wondered if the sentence Tuco was serving when he met Skinny Pete was from his altercation with Mike in BCS...but then of course the end of last night introduces the guy who eventually turns out to be the scary-as-fuck stroke-induced "Tio"  (I know it turns out he has a name and was in fact a big player in the cartel biz but I don't remember his name) who looks to get Mike to drop the charges so maybe Tuco doesn't do much time after all.

Which, speaking of that last scene, offering Mike 5 grand and also take the fall on the possession charge is awfully, awfully insulting, isn't it?

And just to wrap up the loose end from above, Krazy 8 knows Tuco in BCS, and eventually comes to know Jesse (Krazy 8 was Hank's "snitch" who led to the first bust in BB when Walter went along on a "ride-along" and Jesse escaped through the window)...anyway Jesse knows Skinny Pete who knows Tuco from jail.  Small world.