News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2014 General NFL Thread  ( 27,952 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2014 General NFL Thread
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2014, 03:02:48 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 06, 2014, 10:17:01 AM
Quote from: Slaky on November 06, 2014, 06:58:22 AM
Quote from: Brownie on November 06, 2014, 06:56:54 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on November 05, 2014, 07:50:17 PM
Quote from: Slaky on November 05, 2014, 07:45:49 PM
This is a dumb sport and if it wasn't for my fantasy league where I might actually win some money I would probably not watch it at all. Getting closer every season.

Both of my fantasy teams are 1-7 and I've stopped editing them. My family and I have decided not to renew our Bears tickets next year. That one hurts a little bit. I'm not gonna lie. I'll get over it.

Not quite ready to cancel season tickets, but the two Sept. Games are all I'm going to go to this year.

This is a dumb sport, especially pro and college.

I lost interest in college football a few years ago when I picked up Grass Hockey.

I'm not much for college at all, but I still love this sport and I don't care.

Well, your alma mater doesn't really field a team that I know of.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2014, 03:07:45 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 06, 2014, 02:59:29 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on November 06, 2014, 02:43:47 PM
Quote from: Slaky on November 06, 2014, 12:41:37 PM
Quote from: PANK! on November 06, 2014, 10:45:06 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 06, 2014, 10:35:54 AM
I haven't watched a college game in it's entirety since 2012, probably. At first it was mostly just that I worked a lot of Saturdays with the job I had and then I usually had stuff to do, but after a while I noticed I really didn't miss it that much. As for the NFL I won't pretend the Bears sucking ass isn't the main cause of my general meh attitude toward the sport right now, but frankly even in years past when they blew I'd catch every other game I could, and right now I just don't even bother. By this time next year I'll have a baby and way less time to spend on stupid shit like arguing over Jay Cutler's every bowel movement and I'm not really looking at it as the end of my youth so much as a welcome graduation to doing more important and less irritating shit with my life.

Regardless, Pen sucks.  

You'd think so, but as evidenced by the fact that Slaky's heroically voluminous Twitter output has not been slowed by reproduction, that's not necessarily going to be the case.

Also, congrats, man.

Reproduction actually increases my output. Ah hell nothing can slow me down.

I'm like 90% sure Slaky was requesting an Inbox invite from me (on Facebook, albeit) while his new baby was crowning.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2014, 03:10:04 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 06, 2014, 03:07:45 PM
I haven't watched a college game in it's entirety since 2012, probably. At first it was mostly just that I worked a lot of Saturdays with the job I had and then I usually had stuff to do, but after a while I noticed I really didn't miss it that much. As for the NFL I won't pretend the Bears sucking ass isn't the main cause of my general meh attitude toward the sport right now, but frankly even in years past when they blew I'd catch every other game I could, and right now I just don't even bother. By this time next year I'll have a baby and way less time to spend on stupid shit like arguing over Jay Cutler's every bowel movement and I'm not really looking at it as the end of my youth so much as a welcome graduation to doing more important and less irritating shit with my life.

Regardless, Pen sucks.  

You'd think so, but as evidenced by the fact that Slaky's heroically voluminous Twitter output has not been slowed by reproduction, that's not necessarily going to be the case.

Also, congrats, man.

I'm like 90% sure Slaky was requesting an Inbox invite from me (on Facebook, albeit) while his new baby was crowning.

yeah but Slak's one of them social media celebrity types. It's expected. I'm eagerly awaiting his debut as one of those Vine stars.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »

Regardless, Pen sucks.  

Also, congrats, man.

As awesome as that is, I'm equally entertained by the ubiquitous presence of Facemorph Like-botting everything he sees.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2014, 03:21:20 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 06, 2014, 03:10:04 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting his debut as one of those Vine stars.

Hashtag whale
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2014, 03:37:11 PM »

Regardless, Pen sucks.  

Also, congrats, man.

Pwnd

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2014, 03:58:38 PM »

Regardless, Pen sucks. 

Also, congrats, man.

Hopefully the video of SKO giving birth goes viral.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2014, 04:05:02 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 06, 2014, 03:58:38 PM

Regardless, Pen sucks. 

Also, congrats, man.

you're a strange man to want that
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2014, 04:21:17 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 06, 2014, 04:05:02 PM
Quote from: Fork on November 06, 2014, 03:58:38 PM

Regardless, Pen sucks. 

Also, congrats, man.

you're a strange man to want that

Tell us something we didn't know

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2014, 08:39:52 PM »
I'm gonna have to give Slaky a pass, because, for a man, there really isn't much to do during most of labor but sit around. And the first few months of fatherhood for me were spent being up at weird hours, not having anything better to do, and tweeting about bullshit. Hell, none of that Holiday Road crap would've happened if I actually was sleeping normal hours.

As for the NFL, I have always been such a borderline football viewer that a combination of a terrible Bears team and absolute human garbage getting away with practically everything they do in this sport has left me not giving a tin shit this year.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2014, 09:33:49 PM »
Quote from: Bort on November 06, 2014, 08:39:52 PM
I'm gonna have to give Slaky a pass, because, for a man, there really isn't much to do during most of labor but sit around. And the first few months of fatherhood for me were spent being up at weird hours, not having anything better to do, and tweeting about bullshit. Hell, none of that Holiday Road crap would've happened if I actually was sleeping normal hours.

Yep. Literally sitting there waiting. And I'm not working until Wednesday so that leaves even more time to post and tweet throwaway crap.

I could have saved Chuck D the trouble and just said - yeah I definitely responded to you during labor. I deny nothing.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2014, 10:07:13 PM »
I'm gonna have to give Slaky a pass, because, for a man, there really isn't much to do during most of labor but sit around.

Quote from: Slaky on November 06, 2014, 09:33:49 PM
Yep. Literally sitting there waiting.

I find these viewpoints surprising.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2014, 10:17:37 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 06, 2014, 10:07:13 PM
I'm gonna have to give Slaky a pass, because, for a man, there really isn't much to do during most of labor but sit around.

I cut the umbilical cord. I was there. But this was my second kid so it was very chill. Not kidding - we were there for three hours total before the baby came out. Also my mom showed up towing my drunk father around while my wife's parents were watching on Skype. The doc said it was the weirdest birth he's ever been present for which made me feel good.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »
As for the NFL, I have always been such a borderline football viewer that a combination of a terrible Bears team and absolute human garbage getting away with practically everything they do in this sport has left me not giving a tin shit this year.

That, and being named for a Cubs first-round pick, will be your son's lasting legacies.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2014, 10:25:24 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 06, 2014, 10:07:13 PM

Seriously. Ali's water broke at like 2am, and my son wasn't born until 8:54pm. Most of the time in between was spent waiting for her to dilate/efface (they eventually gave up and she had a c-section). There were literally hours where we basically hung out in the delivery room.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck