News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Fuck Edwin Jackson Anti-Positivity Thread  ( 10,477 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Fuck Edwin Jackson Anti-Positivity Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2015, 03:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 23, 2015, 03:05:51 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on April 23, 2015, 01:49:27 PM
I want full apologies for all these assholes on Desipio and Twitter who were pretending that E-Jax was some fucking revelation in the bullpen because he had a few good innings.

"Oh, he's better suited for relief!"

No, he fucking sucks and he just happened to not suck for like 50 pitches. 

He's better suited to eating garbage innings. Not coming in with guys on base when the Cubs are in position to win.

I'd like to see Maddon be more creative with his bullpen. Maybe try Strop in that situation. It's unconventional, but there's a good chance it's the highest leverage situation remaining in that ballgame.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2015, 03:12:34 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 23, 2015, 03:08:00 PM
I want full apologies for all these assholes on Desipio and Twitter who were pretending that E-Jax was some fucking revelation in the bullpen because he had a few good innings.

He's better suited to eating garbage innings. Not coming in with guys on base when the Cubs are in position to win.

I'd like to see Maddon be more creative with his bullpen. Maybe try Strop in that situation. It's unconventional, but there's a good chance it's the highest leverage situation remaining in that ballgame.

THIS. Every time I bitch about Schlitter someone points out he kinda has to be up given the state of the roster and the injuries, to which I say give him his own inning, even if that's the 8th or whatever. Use your best reliever to get you out of the jams and then see if Schlitter/Jackson can get through an inning without creating their own messes. If Strop comes in and slams the door at 4-1 in the 6th, Edwin could have fucked away one run in his inning and Schlitter fucked away a run in the 8th and you still hand the lead to Rondon.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2015, 03:15:57 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 23, 2015, 03:12:34 PM

THIS. Every time I bitch about Schlitter someone points out he kinda has to be up given the state of the roster and the injuries, to which I say give him his own inning, even if that's the 8th or whatever. Use your best reliever to get you out of the jams and then see if Schlitter/Jackson can get through an inning without creating their own messes. If Strop comes in and slams the door at 4-1 in the 6th, Edwin could have fucked away one run in his inning and Schlitter fucked away a run in the 8th and you still hand the lead to Rondon.

I'm just surprised he hasn't been more unconventional. He's done plenty of weird, quirky things and I don't feel like this is even that far out there.

I still like Maddon, but I think you can easily make a case that better bullpen management would have swung one or two of these losses to a win.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »

It's almost like a total Joe Maddon soft-serve-poop-on-conventional-baseball-wisdom move to put in Strop (earlier in the game) to shut the door on the middle of the Pirates lineup that did the damage (Polanco and Walker, I believe) and hopefully after he does that, then you can bring in Motte or Schlitter or Jackson to get the shmucks like Jordy Mercer, Chris Stewart and Sean Rodriguez out. And if they don't, then we starts the firebarnin.

But, it was a three run lead. Three runs. Three. It just sucks to lose one like this, but April and all that.

On the other hand, MEANINGFUL GAMES IN APRIL! :joyful positive:
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2015, 03:30:59 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 23, 2015, 03:26:00 PM

It's almost like a total Joe Maddon soft-serve-poop-on-conventional-baseball-wisdom move to put in Strop (earlier in the game) to shut the door on the middle of the Pirates lineup that did the damage (Polanco and Walker, I believe) and hopefully after he does that, then you can bring in Motte or Schlitter or Jackson to get the shmucks like Jordy Mercer, Chris Stewart and Sean Rodriguez out. And if they don't, then we starts the firebarnin.

But, it was a three run lead. Three runs. Three. It just sucks to lose one like this, but April and all that.

Yeah, it was a three run lead, with some of those runs already on base. Use Strop there, and then give Schlitter or whoever starts the 7th the cushion of an actual three run lead.

Both pitchers were put in situations where the only way to win is not allow a single hit, which is a bad situation to put your worst pitchers in, rather than elite strikeout artist like Strop. If Jackson gives up one meaningless single and then gets three outs in his own inning, no problem. But that one single he gave up in a high leverage situation was killer.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2015, 03:41:25 PM »

Also the return of meaningful games in April means the return of bitching about losing meaningful games in April. The expectation was the Cubs would be good again this year, it's alright to get upset when they disappoint. You don't have to just be solely grateful for a team that isn't awful.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2015, 03:50:45 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 23, 2015, 03:41:25 PM

Also the return of meaningful games in April means the return of bitching about losing meaningful games in April. The expectation was the Cubs would be good again this year, it's alright to get upset when they disappoint. You don't have to just be solely grateful for a team that isn't awful.

So it's okay to admit that I'm bummed we lost today? Because a split should be good enough, but it doesn't feel like it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2015, 03:51:50 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 23, 2015, 03:50:45 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 23, 2015, 03:41:25 PM

So it's okay to admit that I'm bummed we lost today? Because a split should be good enough, but it doesn't feel like it.

Yes. Hell son, it's even okay to say Theo and Jed probably could have done better at finding a lefty reliever then waiting around for six months and picking Phil Coke off the scrap heap. You're not being any less grateful than you need to be to them for signing Jorge Soler by doing so. Bitch, son. It's sports.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2015, 07:27:50 PM »

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2015, 10:42:33 AM »

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2015, 07:37:52 AM »
I could embrace David Ross, knuckleballing reliever far more than Edwin Fucking Jackson.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2015, 08:17:14 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 10, 2015, 07:37:52 AM
I could embrace David Ross, knuckleballing reliever far more than Edwin Fucking Jackson.

Meatball after meatball after meatball after fucking meatball, Edwin Jackson just needs to be released.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2015, 08:39:43 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 12, 2015, 08:17:14 AM

Meatball after meatball after meatball after fucking meatball, Edwin Jackson just needs to be released.

Timely!

Unless something else prompted this...like a hurricane wiping out *IAN's connection for 2 days.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2015, 09:01:54 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 12, 2015, 08:39:43 AM

Timely!

Unless something else prompted this...like a hurricane wiping out *IAN's connection for 2 days.

I saw this had been bumped on a day after Jackson hadn't pitched, I was sure he had been DFA'd. Thanks for nothing, IAN.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2015, 09:09:17 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 12, 2015, 09:01:54 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 12, 2015, 08:39:43 AM

Timely!

I saw this had been bumped on a day after Jackson hadn't pitched, I was sure he had been DFA'd. Thanks for nothing, IAN.

God damn it, IAN.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck