News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion  ( 56,605 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion
« Reply #450 on: December 18, 2014, 11:58:13 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 18, 2014, 11:54:50 AM
Quote from: PANK! on December 18, 2014, 11:45:04 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 18, 2014, 11:31:16 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on December 18, 2014, 11:29:33 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 18, 2014, 11:14:46 AM
Where can we find a guy who won't shit in a tub during the playoffs? That seems to be the most important thing.

I think Pete Carroll is the only name on that list.

I mean is any coach who loses playoff games a bad coach? That means every coach sucks except Pete Carroll who will eventually lose a playoff game.

Carroll lost to the Bears in 2010, but that's beside the point.

Ditka's season ended on Soldier Field turf in the playoffs 3 years in a row (86-88) and in 1991.  Cowher's Steelers lost 4 times at home in Conference title games.  Obviously these guys were good enough coaches to get their teams into the playoffs (well, in Ditka's case I'm not so sure how good he was to run rampant over a limp-dick short bus NFC Central with 4 eventual Hall of Famers on his roster but follow me here) but I point to the fact that they lost in spite of their earned advantages as proof that they're...oh I don't know...maybe a little overrated.

But my real beef is with these "character" coaches who have facial hair and who like to yell and fire up any town's meatball fanbase.  I'm automatically repelled by these asshats and though my instinctive opposition to these coaches is probably in reaction to the dumbass fanbase I think there's some validity to the assertion that they're simply Point A to Point B guys who burn out.  Bill Walsh, Bill Belichek, Chuck Noll and Tom Landry have all won multiple Super Bowls and none of those guys were known as yelling douchebags like this clown Cowher.

So I point to the fact that he loses big games to inure me against idiots.  I know how abhorrent you find the idea of measuring coaches by championships so I guess my only reply to you is I dunno go eat shit I don't fucking like Bill Cowher okay.

I don't care about Bill Cowher but I do enjoy watching you meatball

Even if you thought Bill Cowher was a fantastic coach (he wasn't, though he was a good coach) he hasn't coached in the NFL in 8 years. It's a pretty different league than the one he left, even if he's still been watching. 

He's not the answer at all. 

They should trade a 3rd round pick to get Harbaugh (assuming he doesn't go to Michigan) or they should tap one of the top coordinators out there. 

And by "out there" I mean, like..in the United States this time.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #451 on: December 18, 2014, 12:14:54 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 18, 2014, 11:58:13 AM
Where can we find a guy who won't shit in a tub during the playoffs? That seems to be the most important thing.

I mean is any coach who loses playoff games a bad coach? That means every coach sucks except Pete Carroll who will eventually lose a playoff game.

Ditka's season ended on Soldier Field turf in the playoffs 3 years in a row (86-88) and in 1991.  Cowher's Steelers lost 4 times at home in Conference title games.  Obviously these guys were good enough coaches to get their teams into the playoffs (well, in Ditka's case I'm not so sure how good he was to run rampant over a limp-dick short bus NFC Central with 4 eventual Hall of Famers on his roster but follow me here) but I point to the fact that they lost in spite of their earned advantages as proof that they're...oh I don't know...maybe a little overrated.

But my real beef is with these "character" coaches who have facial hair and who like to yell and fire up any town's meatball fanbase.  I'm automatically repelled by these asshats and though my instinctive opposition to these coaches is probably in reaction to the dumbass fanbase I think there's some validity to the assertion that they're simply Point A to Point B guys who burn out.  Bill Walsh, Bill Belichek, Chuck Noll and Tom Landry have all won multiple Super Bowls and none of those guys were known as yelling douchebags like this clown Cowher.

So I point to the fact that he loses big games to inure me against idiots.  I know how abhorrent you find the idea of measuring coaches by championships so I guess my only reply to you is I dunno go eat shit I don't fucking like Bill Cowher okay.

Even if you thought Bill Cowher was a fantastic coach (he wasn't, though he was a good coach) he hasn't coached in the NFL in 8 years. It's a pretty different league than the one he left, even if he's still been watching. 

They should trade a 3rd round pick to get Harbaugh (assuming he doesn't go to Michigan) or they should tap one of the top coordinators out there. 

On a side note, I really hope Harbaugh doesn't take the Michigan job because the outpouring of asshurt from the local Wolverine contingent will be tremendous.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #452 on: December 18, 2014, 12:29:47 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 18, 2014, 12:14:54 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on December 18, 2014, 11:58:13 AM

On a side note, I really hope Harbaugh doesn't take the Michigan job because the outpouring of asshurt from the local Wolverine contingent will be tremendous.

Too bad the Ohio State job isn't available.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #453 on: December 19, 2014, 10:40:37 AM »
Quote from: Fork on December 18, 2014, 12:29:47 PM

*Makes mental note to punch CT and Fork in the face next I see them. Adds large tube of Desitin to shopping list.*
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #454 on: December 19, 2014, 11:07:07 AM »
Quote from: flannj on December 19, 2014, 10:40:37 AM

*Makes mental note to punch CT and Fork in the face next I see them. Adds large tube of Desitin to shopping list.*

Looks like someone just uninvited himself from the Puckcast.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #455 on: December 19, 2014, 09:06:06 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on December 19, 2014, 11:07:07 AM
Quote from: flannj on December 19, 2014, 10:40:37 AM

Looks like someone just uninvited himself from the Puckcast.

Pfft. Any time flannj wants to come on, he's welcome.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #456 on: December 21, 2014, 01:43:54 PM »
It doesn't matter what happens in the second half... let the meatball begin.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #457 on: December 22, 2014, 01:39:21 PM »
/Clausen era.

Sure seems like it would make more sense to start Fales, but considering no one in this organization knows fuck about anything, back to Cutler.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #458 on: December 22, 2014, 02:03:08 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 22, 2014, 01:39:21 PM
/Clausen era.

Sure seems like it would make more sense to start Fales, but considering no one in this organization knows fuck about anything, back to Cutler.

....wha...why? WHY? THIS IS SOMEHOW DUMBER THAN BENCHING HIM.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #459 on: December 22, 2014, 02:17:35 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 22, 2014, 02:03:08 PM
/Clausen era.

I assume you're missing Clausen's concussion in this response, but I still don't see why they'd go back to Cutler, even if Clausen isn't playing.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #460 on: December 22, 2014, 02:21:04 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 22, 2014, 02:17:35 PM
/Clausen era.

I assume you're missing Clausen's concussion in this response, but I still don't see why they'd go back to Cutler, even if Clausen isn't playing.

I did miss that, but yeah, you can't bench Cutler then throw him back out there regardless. Start Fales and sign Jordan Palmer to back him up for all I care.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #461 on: December 22, 2014, 02:25:56 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 22, 2014, 02:21:04 PM
/Clausen era.

I did miss that, but yeah, you can't bench Cutler then throw him back out there regardless. Start Fales and sign Jordan Palmer to back him up for all I care.

You must have missed the exhilarating Jaguars-Titans Thursday night game last week, where Jordan Palmer was Jake Locker's Zach Mettenberger's Charlie Whitehurst's back-up.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #462 on: December 22, 2014, 03:16:24 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 22, 2014, 02:25:56 PM
/Clausen era.

You must have missed the exhilarating Jaguars-Titans Thursday night game last week, where Jordan Palmer was Jake Locker's Zach Mettenberger's Charlie Whitehurst's back-up.

oh man. I go away for a while and the whole world falls apart.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #463 on: December 22, 2014, 05:26:55 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 22, 2014, 03:16:24 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on December 22, 2014, 02:25:56 PM
/Clausen era.

oh man. I go away for a while and the whole world falls apart.

I say start Fales, with Marc Trestman himself as the backup.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #464 on: December 23, 2014, 09:48:56 AM »
/Clausen era.

I did miss that, but yeah, you can't bench Cutler then throw him back out there regardless. Start Fales and sign Jordan Palmer TIM TIVO to back him up for all I care.

Throwing CT a bone'd.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16