News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion  ( 56,698 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2014, 04:15:46 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2014, 04:13:40 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on September 15, 2014, 03:57:18 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2014, 03:43:44 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 15, 2014, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2014, 03:32:45 PM
Quote from: CT III on September 15, 2014, 03:30:44 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on September 15, 2014, 01:02:34 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on September 15, 2014, 12:51:09 PM
Quote from: Fork on September 15, 2014, 12:42:34 PM
Quote from: Slaky on September 15, 2014, 12:36:50 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on September 11, 2014, 08:40:12 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 10, 2014, 07:42:43 PM
Starting to regret my Levi's Stadium ticket purchase for Sunday.  Is there any chance the Bears don't get embarrassed in this game?  1%?

If this is "The Cutler Game" we've all been waiting our entire lives for, they won't get embarrassed.

So...this was not THE Cutler Game but it was certainly A Cutler Game.

Was it the RIGHT Cutler Game?

For that moment, yes.

Pretty sure that THE signature game won't end up with a 5.9 YPA, but considering that "THE CUTLER GAME" for Bears fans and the media to validate him will involve cold weather, taking a big hit or two, and probably beating the Packers, this was a good start.

Does Kaepernick have to deal with the flaming butthurt masses after that performance last night? If not, how come? That dude was a disaster.

Also, Harbaugh electing not to get Kaep on the move on 4th and ballgame was baffling.

Also, fuck the Niners so hard in their entire fucking face.

Not sure about the masses, but if SF's press is anything like Chicago's, I'll bet there were something like 14 columns this morning questioning whether the 49ers can win a Super Bowl with a heavily tattooed quarterback.

I know it specifically focuses on the worst of each fanbase but from the gist of The WYTS: 49ers on Deadspin it sounds like 49ers fans:Alex Smith::Bears meatballs:Kyle Orton.

HE WAS A WINNAR

All the 49ers fans I know vigorously insist that Alex Smith would be leading this team to glory and I heard it multiple times yesterday too.  They all think he got a raw deal and endlessly pine for his return.  It's really weird.

It's entirely possible they do win that particular game with Smith. He wouldn't have had 4 turnovers, but yeah, those people. Good to know it's not just us. I had to get away from twitter to avoid the waterfall of splooge coming from old white men everywhere when Captain Kirk took over for RGme.

Smith threw three picks in week one. He and McGowan are 0-4 to start this campaign so WINNNAAAAARSSSS! My pasty, white, narrow ass.

He did. The Chiefs gave him money and then now are asking him to actually win Because of him, rather than in spite. It's not going well. He wouldn't have been given that task in SF last night.

McGowan is not only 0-2, he's 0-2 against two of the easiest games on their schedule (Carolina with TDubbs and TEC's beloved Derek Anderson starting, the Rams with the winner of the You Play QB For a Day Sweepstakes Austin Davis), and he hasn't passed for more than 183 yards in either game. WINNAR.

It's really hard to blame McNoun. He's got Lovie addling him down. It's like blaming Cutler for having bad stats when he had Lovie without realizing that Lovie is a drag on a QB.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2014, 04:27:02 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 15, 2014, 04:15:46 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2014, 04:13:40 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on September 15, 2014, 03:57:18 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2014, 03:43:44 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 15, 2014, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2014, 03:32:45 PM
Quote from: CT III on September 15, 2014, 03:30:44 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on September 15, 2014, 01:02:34 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on September 15, 2014, 12:51:09 PM
Quote from: Fork on September 15, 2014, 12:42:34 PM
Quote from: Slaky on September 15, 2014, 12:36:50 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on September 11, 2014, 08:40:12 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 10, 2014, 07:42:43 PM
Starting to regret my Levi's Stadium ticket purchase for Sunday.  Is there any chance the Bears don't get embarrassed in this game?  1%?

If this is "The Cutler Game" we've all been waiting our entire lives for, they won't get embarrassed.

So...this was not THE Cutler Game but it was certainly A Cutler Game.

Was it the RIGHT Cutler Game?

For that moment, yes.

Pretty sure that THE signature game won't end up with a 5.9 YPA, but considering that "THE CUTLER GAME" for Bears fans and the media to validate him will involve cold weather, taking a big hit or two, and probably beating the Packers, this was a good start.

Does Kaepernick have to deal with the flaming butthurt masses after that performance last night? If not, how come? That dude was a disaster.

Also, Harbaugh electing not to get Kaep on the move on 4th and ballgame was baffling.

Also, fuck the Niners so hard in their entire fucking face.

Not sure about the masses, but if SF's press is anything like Chicago's, I'll bet there were something like 14 columns this morning questioning whether the 49ers can win a Super Bowl with a heavily tattooed quarterback.

I know it specifically focuses on the worst of each fanbase but from the gist of The WYTS: 49ers on Deadspin it sounds like 49ers fans:Alex Smith::Bears meatballs:Kyle Orton.

HE WAS A WINNAR

All the 49ers fans I know vigorously insist that Alex Smith would be leading this team to glory and I heard it multiple times yesterday too.  They all think he got a raw deal and endlessly pine for his return.  It's really weird.

It's entirely possible they do win that particular game with Smith. He wouldn't have had 4 turnovers, but yeah, those people. Good to know it's not just us. I had to get away from twitter to avoid the waterfall of splooge coming from old white men everywhere when Captain Kirk took over for RGme.

Smith threw three picks in week one. He and McGowan are 0-4 to start this campaign so WINNNAAAAARSSSS! My pasty, white, narrow ass.

He did. The Chiefs gave him money and then now are asking him to actually win Because of him, rather than in spite. It's not going well. He wouldn't have been given that task in SF last night.

McGowan is not only 0-2, he's 0-2 against two of the easiest games on their schedule (Carolina with TDubbs and TEC's beloved Derek Anderson starting, the Rams with the winner of the You Play QB For a Day Sweepstakes Austin Davis), and he hasn't passed for more than 183 yards in either game. WINNAR.

It's really hard to blame McNoun. He's got Lovie addling him down. It's like blaming Cutler for having bad stats when he had Lovie without realizing that Lovie is a drag on a QB.

It's not his fault, but he's also not really much better than that. If a guy is who he is for ten years, then is someone else for five games, then goes back to being that same guy afterwards, he's probably just Not that guy we saw last year.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2014, 04:29:21 PM »
Also since I bitch constantly about negative Cutler crap I should say I think the "CUTLER RALLIES BEARS" headlines and stuff are a bit misleading. Guy certainly played lights out after The Drilling Heard Round the World but I'd say Kyle Fuller and Willie Young did as much of the "rallying" as anyone. Or hell give Brandon Marshall some props. Jay did well, but that was a true team win there. Other than the special teams. Fuck those guys raw.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2014, 04:54:36 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2014, 04:29:21 PM
Also since I bitch constantly about negative Cutler crap I should say I think the "CUTLER RALLIES BEARS" headlines and stuff are a bit misleading. Guy certainly played lights out after The Drilling Heard Round the World but I'd say Kyle Fuller and Willie Young did as much of the "rallying" as anyone. Or hell give Brandon Marshall some props. Jay did well, but that was a true team win there. Other than the special teams. Fuck those guys raw.

Kind of like last week was a true team loss. If only there were some sort of blog somewhere that featured correct opinions about the Bears, who they are, where they stand, where they're headed and what in the entire fuck this all means. I'd read the shit out of something like that.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2014, 04:59:15 PM »
I assume the solid pass protection's been covered, too.  Nice what a difference an Upright Cutler can make.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2014, 05:20:26 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on September 15, 2014, 04:54:36 PM

Kind of like last week was a true team loss. If only there were some sort of blog somewhere that featured correct opinions about the Bears, who they are, where they stand, where they're headed and what in the entire fuck this all means. I'd read the shit out of something like that.

I bet that blog would have a kickass podcast, too.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2014, 07:42:30 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 15, 2014, 04:59:15 PM
I assume the solid pass protection's been covered, too.  Nice what a difference an Upright Cutler can make.

It really hasn't.  Amazing that they've been able to replace Slauson without missing a beat. Garza is getting Wally Pipp'd by De La Puente,  who despite the bad snap has been great. 1 hurry surrendered in 77 pass blocking snaps. Kyle Long just quietly developing into a top ten guard. A joy to see.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2014, 06:54:02 AM »

Willie Young...is he my new favorite dude? Might be.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2014, 08:26:14 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 16, 2014, 06:54:02 AM

Willie Young...is he my new favorite dude? Might be.

I was and still am more excited about Willie than Jared Allen. I have actually been disappointed so far that they've given Jared Allen his normal Minnesota snap counts, instead of doing a true rotation to keep him fresh and get Willie in as often as possible. Willie was great against the run and he was one of the most disruptive DEs in the NFL. People get too caught up on sack numbers when they can be deceiving. Even great pass rushers get sacks on maybe 13 plays out of, what, 500 opposing dropbacks? Get me the guy who is constantly getting hits, and hurries, and making QBs uncomfortable. That was Willie in Detroit last year.  The Bears got a bargain because of the sack numbers. They're paying him what Atlanta paid for Devin Hester so the next time the special teams makes you want to throw up into your flat-billed cap remember that this sacrifice brought you Willie and feel better.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2014, 09:21:43 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2014, 05:20:26 PM

Nah. Let's not get too crazy.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2014, 10:37:52 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on September 16, 2014, 09:21:43 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 15, 2014, 05:20:26 PM

Nah. Let's not get too crazy.

We should get a CFL player on the Puckcast before he gets one. Just because.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2014, 08:21:20 PM »

Reminded me of the scene in "Rookie of the Year"  where the kid breaks his arm and as a result when it healed he could throw strikes 105 miles an hour from the center field bleachers to the catcher.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2014, 08:35:35 AM »
I don't know about the 2015 Bears draft, but the 2014 one is working out pretty great so far.

1) Kyle Fuller- #2 rated CB in coverage by PFF, #1 corner overall thanks to his fucking kickass tackling/run-stuffing/fumble-punching

2)Ego Ferguson- Got his first sack yesterday, helped shut down the Jets run game, has looked pretty good overall for a guy billed as a "project".

3)Will Sutton- got the pressure that led to Ego's sack, leads all DT's in the NFL in run stop % of 17.6% (runs that end as a 2 yard gain or less).

4)Brock Vereen- Second Straight week he's come in off the bench and allowed no catches.

6)Pat O'Donnell- Seems...good at punting?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2014, 08:58:21 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 23, 2014, 08:35:35 AM
I don't know about the 2015 Bears draft, but the 2014 one is working out pretty great so far.

1) Will Fuller- #2 rated CB in coverage by PFF, #1 corner overall thanks to his fucking kickass tackling/run-stuffing/fumble-punching

2)Ego Ferguson- Got his first sack yesterday, helped shut down the Jets run game, has looked pretty good overall for a guy billed as a "project".

3)Will Sutton- got the pressure that led to Ego's sack, leads all DT's in the NFL in run stop % of 17.6% (runs that end as a 2 yard gain or less).

4)Brock Vereen- Second Straight week he's come in off the bench and allowed no catches.

Not to mention you've got Bostic looking like an actual NFL player, Shea had a nice game in SF before getting hurt and may not be a complete bust, and Chuck is just a big old 50 gallon drum full of wrong.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2014, 09:06:28 AM »
Quote from: R-V on September 23, 2014, 08:58:21 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 23, 2014, 08:35:35 AM

1) Kyle Fuller- #2 rated CB in coverage by PFF, #1 corner overall thanks to his fucking kickass tackling/run-stuffing/fumble-punching

Not to mention you've got Bostic looking like an actual NFL player, Shea had a nice game in SF before getting hurt and may not be a complete bust, and Chuck is just a big old 50 gallon drum full of wrong.

I felt bad for Bostic that he dropped that INT. Would have been a nice exclamation point to the three solid games he's had. Overall PFF has him a +1, +1.6 vs. the run. Pretty much average in coverage, but the Bears LBs allow a lot of catches, generally speaking, since they try to force QBs to check down over the middle rather than give up the big play. Shea had a nice game in SF, and considering SAM is now the least used and least important position on D it's not unthinkable he could stick there. They're building something on that side of the ball, too.