News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs Offseason 2014: So, what did your team do this offseason? Isn't that cute.  ( 67,148 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Bort on February 04, 2015, 11:42:56 AM
Quote from: SKO on February 04, 2015, 10:37:32 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 04, 2015, 10:06:41 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 04, 2015, 09:39:22 AM
Quote from: SKO on February 04, 2015, 08:37:48 AM
Quote from: Tonker on February 04, 2015, 02:03:38 AM
Quote from: SKO on February 03, 2015, 03:38:21 PM
I had the same feeling with Scherzer and it turned out to be unfounded, so I'll verbalize it here so that it also does not come to pass:

Every day James Shields doesn't sign I fear he ends up in St. Louis on a bargain contract.

Keeping quiet about Scherzer worked perfectly, so you decide you're going to change tack for Shields?  Nice work, Jinx Boy.  When he signs for the Tards, it's on you.

I told several people I thought Scherzer would sign with the Cardinals. Just not on this messageboard. I have human friends, too, you know.

Your RA isn't your friend

Intrepid Reader: Aaron Heilman

Just try saying that to your RA.

My RA is my wife. Well, she's the boss of the RAs.
So you can sneak beer into your dorm? Awesome.

Not sure who is actually familiar with my non-meme living arrangements, but the wife is the area coordinator for  her alma mater now, so we live in an apartment on the top floor of a student apartment complex (rent free, natch). The other night I heard some scuffling from three floors down, which woke up the (nigh six months pregnant and battling the flu at the time) wife, so in my ANGER I stormed downstairs wearing my pajama pants and an old Derrek Lee shirsey. I find a bunch of kids with open bottles and cans everywhere having a wrestling match in the lobby. They tell me "go to bed old man!"

So naturally I played the "MY WIFE IS THE AC AND YOU ARE ALL IN SOO MUCH TROUBLE"  card and laughed as they scattered while security and the cops showed up to ticket them. Then I went back and had a glass of legal booze, like the adult I am.

This story has no point other than I thought y'all might find it amusing and a worthy addition to my list of memes.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on February 04, 2015, 02:32:08 PM
I had the same feeling with Scherzer and it turned out to be unfounded, so I'll verbalize it here so that it also does not come to pass:

Every day James Shields doesn't sign I fear he ends up in St. Louis on a bargain contract.

Keeping quiet about Scherzer worked perfectly, so you decide you're going to change tack for Shields?  Nice work, Jinx Boy.  When he signs for the Tards, it's on you.

I told several people I thought Scherzer would sign with the Cardinals. Just not on this messageboard. I have human friends, too, you know.

Not sure who is actually familiar with my non-meme living arrangements, but the wife is the area coordinator for  her alma mater now, so we live in an apartment on the top floor of a student apartment complex (rent free, natch). The other night I heard some scuffling from three floors down, which woke up the (nigh six months pregnant and battling the flu at the time) wife, so in my ANGER I stormed downstairs wearing my pajama pants and an old Derrek Lee shirsey. I find a bunch of kids with open bottles and cans everywhere having a wrestling match in the lobby. They tell me "go to bed old man!"

So naturally I played the "MY WIFE IS THE AC AND YOU ARE ALL IN SOO MUCH TROUBLE"  card and laughed as they scattered while security and the cops showed up to ticket them. Then I went back and had a glass of legal booze, like the adult I am.

This story has no point other than I thought y'all might find it amusing and a worthy addition to my list of memes.

That you are a snitch?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BH on February 04, 2015, 02:36:02 PM

That you are a snitch?

Damn right. And I've slept like a baby every night since.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on February 04, 2015, 02:48:23 PM

That you are a snitch?

Actually I didn't snitch. I had every intention to but apparently someone else had already informed security and they had already called the cops. But they sure think I did so now I'm just the cantankerous old asshole everyone hates. And I'm happy with that.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on February 04, 2015, 02:50:34 PM

That you are a snitch?

Actually I didn't snitch. I had every intention to but apparently someone else had already informed security and they had already called the cops. But they sure think I did so now I'm just the cantankerous old asshole everyone hates. And I'm happy with that.

This sounds like a really awesome environment to bring a baby into. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on February 04, 2015, 03:19:47 PM

That you are a snitch?

We can't all raise kids on organic diets in a solar powered eco-friendly hut in Arizona.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on February 04, 2015, 03:22:26 PM

That you are a snitch?

We can't all raise kids on organic diets in a solar powered eco-friendly hut in Arizona.

Didn't know that and a dorm room were the only 2 options.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on February 04, 2015, 03:31:15 PM

That you are a snitch?

Thanks a lot, Obama.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on February 04, 2015, 03:33:49 PM

That you are a snitch?

Thanks a lot, Obama.

The kid is going to be fantastic at video games and beer pong. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

That you are a snitch?

But seriously we get a three bedroom place with two garages and don't pay a damn thing for it so if we can do this for a couple of years we can save up enough to actually buy a house and paydown enough of our student loans that we're not fucked with debt for all eternity. If that means I yell at a bunch of no good college kids every weekend, so be it.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on February 04, 2015, 03:35:46 PM

That you are a snitch?

But seriously we get a three bedroom place with two garages and don't pay a damn thing for it so if we can do this for a couple of years we can save up enough to actually buy a house and paydown enough of our student loans that we're not fucked with debt for all eternity. If that means I yell at a bunch of no good college kids every weekend, so be it.

At your age, fuck it, why not. At my age, I would jump out of the window.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

That you are a snitch?

Actually I didn't snitch. I had every intention to but apparently someone else had already informed security and they had already called the cops. But they sure think I did so now I'm just the cantankerous old asshole everyone hates who at least stopped constantly talking about Jay Cutler. And I'm happy with that.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Keeping quiet about Scherzer worked perfectly, so you decide you're going to change tack for Shields?  Nice work, Jinx Boy.  When he signs for the Tards, it's on you.

Not sure who is actually familiar with my non-meme living arrangements, but the wife is the area coordinator for  her alma mater now, so we live in an apartment on the top floor of a student apartment complex (rent free, natch). The other night I heard some scuffling from three floors down, which woke up the (nigh six months pregnant and battling the flu at the time) wife, so in my ANGER I stormed downstairs wearing my pajama pants and an old Derrek Lee shirsey. I find a bunch of kids with open bottles and cans everywhere having a wrestling match in the lobby. They tell me "go to bed old man!"

So naturally I played the "MY WIFE IS THE AC AND YOU ARE ALL IN SOO MUCH TROUBLE"  card and laughed as they scattered while security and the cops showed up to ticket them. Then I went back and had a glass of legal booze, like the adult I am.

That you are a snitch?

You call that cantankerous? Listen son, until you escalate the situation to the point that the cops are being called on YOU then you're not cantanking hard enough.

Goddamn rookies.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: flannj on February 04, 2015, 04:27:33 PM

Keeping quiet about Scherzer worked perfectly, so you decide you're going to change tack for Shields?  Nice work, Jinx Boy.  When he signs for the Tards, it's on you.

Not sure who is actually familiar with my non-meme living arrangements, but the wife is the area coordinator for  her alma mater now, so we live in an apartment on the top floor of a student apartment complex (rent free, natch). The other night I heard some scuffling from three floors down, which woke up the (nigh six months pregnant and battling the flu at the time) wife, so in my ANGER I stormed downstairs wearing my pajama pants and an old Derrek Lee shirsey. I find a bunch of kids with open bottles and cans everywhere having a wrestling match in the lobby. They tell me "go to bed old man!"

So naturally I played the "MY WIFE IS THE AC AND YOU ARE ALL IN SOO MUCH TROUBLE"  card and laughed as they scattered while security and the cops showed up to ticket them. Then I went back and had a glass of legal booze, like the adult I am.

That you are a snitch?

You call that cantankerous? Listen son, until you escalate the situation to the point that the cops are being called on YOU then you're not cantanking hard enough.

Goddamn rookies.
..."and get off my lawn!"
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CBStew on February 04, 2015, 06:26:24 PM
Quote from: flannj on February 04, 2015, 04:27:33 PM

That you are a snitch?

Goddamn rookies.
..."and get off my lawn!"
rabble rabble
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.