News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Spy  ( 1,729 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Spy
« on: June 09, 2015, 10:22:00 AM »
Melissa McCarthy is a very funny actor.  The producer of this film, (who happens to be Melissa McCarthy) apparently believes that if a little bit of Melissa McCarthy is funny, a lot of Melissa McCarthy would be a lot of funny.  Unfortunately, this movie has too much Melissa McCarthy.  She is in the center of every scene, leaving very little room for anyone else.  (Yes, I said that.)  The movie is about a half hour too long and not only ceases to be funny, it gets violent and nasty.  I don't know why she thought that multiple killings on screen would fit in this comedy, but I think that it was a miscalculation.  She shoots everyone who happens to share a scene with her.  Although that is a unique way of focusing our attention on her, we lose any kind of identification with her character.  Let's face it.  Melissa McCarthy is not an action heroine. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Spy
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 03:18:15 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 09, 2015, 10:22:00 AM
The movie is about a half hour too long and not only ceases to be funny, it gets violent and nasty.  I don't know why she thought that multiple killings on screen would fit in this comedy, but I think that it was a miscalculation. 

Because that's exactly what The Heat was.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Spy
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 04:13:48 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 09, 2015, 03:18:15 PM
Quote from: CBStew on June 09, 2015, 10:22:00 AM
The movie is about a half hour too long and not only ceases to be funny, it gets violent and nasty.  I don't know why she thought that multiple killings on screen would fit in this comedy, but I think that it was a miscalculation. 

Because that's exactly what The Heat was.

That last 'comedy' she did where she pretends to rob her fast food restaurant was The Fucking Worst.