News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Firebarn David Ross  ( 21,596 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Firebarn David Ross
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2015, 09:35:03 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 22, 2015, 08:46:20 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 22, 2015, 08:36:16 PM
Len Kasper says FYSKO:

Quote from: Len Kasper @LenKasper 1mIf you pay attention (many do!), you're seeing David Ross contribute a fair amount these days.

PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION, SKO

It's obviously in his job description, but Len can be a pretty annoying apologist sometimes.

When Ross won that game with a pickoff against the Nats Len tweeted "everyone on my timeline can go apologize to David Ross and his family, thanks in advance."

I'll admit he's put on a fairly impressive display the last few games (although hard to give him too much credit for Puig making a world class baserunning blunder) of throwing, but frankly given how awful his bat is he has to do shit like that regularly just to even be sorta worth it. It doesn't in any way make him "valuable." It just helps to cancel out some of his awfulness in other areas.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2015, 09:42:22 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 23, 2015, 09:35:03 AM
Len Kasper says FYSKO:

Quote from: Len Kasper @LenKasper 1mIf you pay attention (many do!), you're seeing David Ross contribute a fair amount these days.

It's obviously in his job description, but Len can be a pretty annoying apologist sometimes.

When Ross won that game with a pickoff against the Nats Len tweeted "everyone on my timeline can go apologize to David Ross and his family, thanks in advance."

I'll admit he's put on a fairly impressive display the last few games (although hard to give him too much credit for Puig making a world class baserunning blunder) of throwing, but frankly given how awful his bat is he has to do shit like that regularly just to even be sorta worth it. It doesn't in any way make him "valuable." It just helps to cancel out some of his awfulness in other areas.

Well, it could also be that Len is exposed to some of the more base/histrionic/sadistic opinions about David Ross than the common Desipiot. Especially if he said "everyone ... can go apologize to [David Ross's] family."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2015, 09:44:24 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 23, 2015, 09:42:22 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 23, 2015, 09:35:03 AM
Len Kasper says FYSKO:

Well, it could also be that Len is exposed to some of the more base/histrionic/sadistic opinions about David Ross than the common Desipiot. Especially if he said "everyone ... can go apologize to [David Ross's] family."

That's fair. There's a special place in hell reserved for people who tweet angrily at athlete's families. Hell, at the athletes themselves.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: July 06, 2015, 10:59:24 PM »
How come you've been telling Jon not to throw near no-hitters, David? I haven't seen a catcher be such a team cancer since Michael Barrett and Todd Hundley before that Never would've lost the no-no with Ross behind the plate.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: July 26, 2015, 04:14:18 PM »
David Ross > Rafael Soriano
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2015, 04:53:54 PM »
FYSKO