News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jerry Taft Firebarn  ( 2,425 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Jerry Taft Firebarn
« on: August 18, 2015, 08:22:15 PM »
It's obvious that he's lost a couple steps, unable to keep up with the storms. And he's taking playing time away from Cheryl Scott.

And now JTJ has taken over the remote to complete the Firebarn!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jerry Taft Firebarn
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 08:29:07 PM »

Fuck you, my Mom loves Jerry.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 09:01:14 PM »
Considering some of the stories I've heard about Jerry on the town in the 1980's, I'm just impressed he's still alive.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 09:12:38 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 18, 2015, 09:01:14 PM
Considering some of the stories I've heard about Jerry on the town in the 1980's, I'm just impressed he's still alive.

I thought I remembered stories to that effect, mostly with Steve Dahl, right?  While I was trying to find some mention of it, I came across this:

Quote from: http://www.wbez.org/blog/robert-feder/feders-chicago-media-flashback-august-1984
"John Coleman, the former WLS-Channel 7 weatherjester who lost three jobs in little more than a year, landed on his feet again this week by signing on as WMAQ-Channel 5's 4:30, 6 and 10 p.m. weekday forecaster. Left out in the cold was weatherman Jerry Taft, who was fired yesterday but will continue to be paid $150,000 for the one year remaining on his Channel 5 contract." [Coleman, who lasted only six years at Channel 5, now works for KUSI-TV in San Diego, where he's been on a crusade to discredit the science surrounding global warming. Taft fared quite a bit better: Less than a week after being fired, he was picked up by Channel 7, where he's been happily ensconced ever since.]

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 09:59:36 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 18, 2015, 09:12:38 PM
Quote from: PANK! on August 18, 2015, 09:01:14 PM

I thought I remembered stories to that effect, mostly with Steve Dahl, right?  While I was trying to find some mention of it, I came across this:

Quote from: http://www.wbez.org/blog/robert-feder/feders-chicago-media-flashback-august-1984
"John Coleman, the former WLS-Channel 7 weatherjester who lost three jobs in little more than a year, landed on his feet again this week by signing on as WMAQ-Channel 5's 4:30, 6 and 10 p.m. weekday forecaster. Left out in the cold was weatherman Jerry Taft, who was fired yesterday but will continue to be paid $150,000 for the one year remaining on his Channel 5 contract." [Coleman, who lasted only six years at Channel 5, now works for KUSI-TV in San Diego, where he's been on a crusade to discredit the science surrounding global warming. Taft fared quite a bit better: Less than a week after being fired, he was picked up by Channel 7, where he's been happily ensconced ever since.]

I'm amazed John Coleman is still alive. When he goes, if they try cremating him the fire will burn 6 months.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 10:25:28 AM »

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 10:28:14 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 19, 2015, 10:25:28 AM

But seriously, I'm pretty sure around 99.999999999% of the country has the "Our weatherman sucks. We don't know shit about weather but my confirmation bias reminds me of all the times he said it was going to rain, but it didn't in my mile radius so he's wrong. He sucks. Fire him" conversation

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 11:52:48 AM »

I don't understand this Yetimeme at all.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 02:12:42 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 19, 2015, 11:52:48 AM

I don't understand this Yetimeme at all.

He's saying we haven't played the game of weather, so we can't judge.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck