News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: National Tonkoon's Vacation  ( 51,258 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: National Tonkoon's Vacation
« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2015, 01:35:14 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 01, 2015, 01:31:18 PM
Quote from: Eli on June 01, 2015, 12:51:22 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on June 01, 2015, 12:37:55 PM
Quote from: PANK! on June 01, 2015, 10:37:53 AM
Quote from: Tonker on June 01, 2015, 10:30:04 AM
Quote from: PANK! on June 01, 2015, 10:22:25 AM
Quote from: Tonker on June 01, 2015, 10:18:16 AM
Quote from: CBStew on June 01, 2015, 09:50:45 AM
Quote from: Tonker on June 01, 2015, 03:38:54 AM
Okay, accommodation all booked up.  For those of you who are interested, here's where we'll be, and when:

• 13-20 July: West LeMoyne Street (on the Eastern edge of Humboldt Park, just off Kedzie, south of North Ave), Chicago.

• 20-21 July: Hilton Omaha West, Omaha, NE.

• 21-27 July: North Speer Boulevard (near 29th and Federal), Menver, CO.

• 27-28 July: Hyatt Place, Overland Park, Kansas City, KS.

• 28 July-2 Aug: with friends (and also with the I-Cubs) in Nashville, TN.

• 2-18 Aug: West Winnemac Avenue (between Clark and Lawrence, and Foster and Broadway), Chicago.

Many thanks to you all for your input, and for saving me a long stay in Rogers Park.  If you're around any of those places on any of those dates, we'll look forward to seeing you.

Who can come to the U.S. and not visit beautiful Menver?

I've a feeling that you're pulling my leg, Stew, but the last laugh is on you: Menver is a thing.

I always just assumed it was something that Oleg's friend Nick coined which you have subsequently beaten into the ground with breathtaking regularity.  Huh.

You say "beaten into the ground with breathtaking regularity", I say "the comedy of repetition".  In any event, although it never fails to make Nick and me laugh, we're not responsible for it: so do your worst, COMEDYBITER.  You can't pin nothing on me.

Well for starters I'm pretty sure it's a fallacy that men "drastically" outnumber women.  I've only been there twice but both times have been struck by the attractiveness, physical fitness and, yes, abundance of women there (most of whom share those first two qualities).  I think that definition is shoehorned in there because it sounds funny to say "Menver" because it's not like we're talking the Twin Cities or Anchorage.  The place is hardly some sort of 24-hour metropolitan sausage fest.

In summary, not only does the appellation stop being funny after having been uttered by the same Fork person 100 times, but it's supposed etymology is not even remotely accurate.  I just don't get it.

We get it, you like Menver because you're too big to get into Aspen.

Huey likes men because he can't fuck them in the ass?

Forget it, Eli.  It's ForkTown.

Sorry, I should have realized a pun involving Aspen had too much nuance.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2015, 02:53:25 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on June 01, 2015, 01:35:14 PM
Okay, accommodation all booked up.  For those of you who are interested, here's where we'll be, and when:

• 13-20 July: West LeMoyne Street (on the Eastern edge of Humboldt Park, just off Kedzie, south of North Ave), Chicago.

• 2-18 Aug: West Winnemac Avenue (between Clark and Lawrence, and Foster and Broadway), Chicago.

Many thanks to you all for your input, and for saving me a long stay in Rogers Park.  If you're around any of those places on any of those dates, we'll look forward to seeing you.

I've a feeling that you're pulling my leg, Stew, but the last laugh is on you: Menver is a thing.

I always just assumed it was something that Oleg's friend Nick coined which you have subsequently beaten into the ground with breathtaking regularity.  Huh.

You say "beaten into the ground with breathtaking regularity", I say "the comedy of repetition".  In any event, although it never fails to make Nick and me laugh, we're not responsible for it: so do your worst, COMEDYBITER.  You can't pin nothing on me.

Well for starters I'm pretty sure it's a fallacy that men "drastically" outnumber women.  I've only been there twice but both times have been struck by the attractiveness, physical fitness and, yes, abundance of women there (most of whom share those first two qualities).  I think that definition is shoehorned in there because it sounds funny to say "Menver" because it's not like we're talking the Twin Cities or Anchorage.  The place is hardly some sort of 24-hour metropolitan sausage fest.

In summary, not only does the appellation stop being funny after having been uttered by the same Fork person 100 times, but it's supposed etymology is not even remotely accurate.  I just don't get it.

The French are assholes.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: June 02, 2015, 02:29:21 AM »

My God, that's rich coming from the man for whom comedic nuance means a hat filled with crème pâtissière rather than custard.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: June 02, 2015, 07:32:23 AM »
By the way, does anybody have an old car booster seat (or even two) lying around that I could borrow for a couple of weeks, or buy off you?  I'd need them for the road trip (07/20 - 08/03).  I got a really, really good deal with National car rental but they want an arm and a leg to rent something that probably only costs twenty-five bucks brand new.  We could bring 'em with us, but I'd rather not.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: June 02, 2015, 08:20:24 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 02, 2015, 02:29:21 AM

My God, that's rich coming from the man for whom comedic nuance means a hat filled with crème pâtissière rather than custard.

Well, yeah. All those accents class it way the fuck up.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: June 02, 2015, 08:44:57 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 02, 2015, 07:32:23 AM
By the way, does anybody have an old car booster seat (or even two) lying around that I could borrow for a couple of weeks, or buy off you?  I'd need them for the road trip (07/20 - 08/03).  I got a really, really good deal with National car rental but they want an arm and a leg to rent something that probably only costs twenty-five bucks brand new.  We could bring 'em with us, but I'd rather not.

I don't have a spare one, but it might be cheapest to just buy from Amazon and have it shipped to Chicago when you arrive.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: June 02, 2015, 08:50:08 AM »

I think I have one in my garage. I'll check tonight.  It's one of those backless boosters, not a full car seat.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: June 02, 2015, 08:59:17 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 02, 2015, 08:50:08 AM

I think I have one in my garage. I'll check tonight.  It's one of those backless boosters, not a full car seat.

Yup, that's what I need.  Cheers, Ace.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2015, 09:41:50 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 02, 2015, 08:44:57 AM
By the way, does anybody have an old car booster seat (or even two) lying around that I could borrow for a couple of weeks, or buy off you?  I'd need them for the road trip (07/20 - 08/03).  I got a really, really good deal with National car rental but they want an arm and a leg to rent something that probably only costs twenty-five bucks brand new.  We could bring 'em with us, but I'd rather not.

I don't have a spare one, but it might be cheapest to just buy from Amazon and have it shipped to Chicago when you arrive.

Cheaper than borrowing one from one of the many breederfriends that Tonk has across the pond?  

Great advice--I'm sure Tonk has never heard of Ama.  Zon?  It's kind of the reason he threw that out there, Chad.

Tonk--I think we've got an extra one too.  Would be the same as Chuck's--simple booster, no back.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: June 02, 2015, 10:20:32 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 02, 2015, 09:41:50 AM
By the way, does anybody have an old car booster seat (or even two) lying around that I could borrow for a couple of weeks, or buy off you?  I'd need them for the road trip (07/20 - 08/03).  I got a really, really good deal with National car rental but they want an arm and a leg to rent something that probably only costs twenty-five bucks brand new.  We could bring 'em with us, but I'd rather not.

Cheaper than borrowing one from one of the many breederfriends that Tonk has across the pond?  

Great advice--I'm sure Tonk has never heard of Ama.  Zon?  It's kind of the reason he threw that out there, Chad.

Tonk--I think we've got an extra one too.  Would be the same as Chuck's--simple booster, no back.

That's quite an expansive definition of Chad. Are we expanding it from "bros who wear tanktops in the bleachers while crushing some macrobrews" to include "unhelpful dads who make dumb suggestions?"

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: June 02, 2015, 10:26:48 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 02, 2015, 10:20:32 AM

That's quite an expansive definition of Chad. Are we expanding it from "bros who wear tanktops in the bleachers while crushing some macrobrews" who become to include "unhelpful dads who make dumb suggestions?"

Your unintentionally hilarious "advice" sort of came off as a married Chad who buys his baby boosters from Sky Mall but will "slum" it and suggest someone merely go to Amazon to save a few hundred bucks, yes.  You can hide behind "clumsy dad' all you want but until you move out to the suburbs full stop you really don't get that privilege, Chad.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: June 02, 2015, 10:37:42 AM »

Think we have one or two in the garage as well.  Will check with Ms.Hawk
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: June 02, 2015, 11:05:12 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 02, 2015, 10:26:48 AM

That's quite an expansive definition of Chad. Are we expanding it from "bros who wear tanktops in the bleachers while crushing some macrobrews" who become to include "unhelpful dads who make dumb suggestions?"

Your unintentionally hilarious "advice" sort of came off as a married Chad who buys his baby boosters from Sky Mall but will "slum" it and suggest someone merely go to Amazon to save a few hundred bucks, yes.  You can hide behind "clumsy dad' all you want but until you move out to the suburbs full stop you really don't get that privilege, Chad.

I just want to make sure I have this stereotype correct because it's a good one - if you are a dad who does not live in a suburb you are a Chad who buys a bunch of stuff from SkyMall?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: June 02, 2015, 11:50:43 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 02, 2015, 11:05:12 AM

I just want to make sure I have this stereotype correct because it's a good one - if you are a dad who does not live in a suburb you are a Chad who buys a bunch of stuff from SkyMall?

No idea.  But whatever it is, you're nailing it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2015, 11:52:00 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 02, 2015, 11:50:43 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 02, 2015, 11:05:12 AM

No idea.  But whatever it is, you're nailing it.

Intrepid Reader: 2030 RV

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.