News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Ryan Pace Era... BEGINS!!!  ( 33,041 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Ryan Pace Era... BEGINS!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2015, 02:12:30 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 15, 2015, 02:10:05 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 15, 2015, 02:06:11 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2015, 01:39:37 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 15, 2015, 01:23:18 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2015, 01:17:16 PM
And if memory serves, not one of those guys won a superbowl with team #3.

Which proves it's impossible.

Look, you assholes got six years of the optimistic fuckhead who thought Kyle Orton was a starting QB and Jay Cutler was the savior and Angelo wasn't as bad as people thought and Emery and Trestman were forward thinking innovators. That fuckhead is dead. Pessimistic Kyle is back and you're all going to look back at those years fondly. You're going to miss the guy who spent 2,000 words telling you why Jay's bad haircut was good for the offense's prospects. This organization is fucked. Abandon hope all ye who enter.

I'm arguing (?) with a meme now, but in the interest of relative seriousness, I don't really know who the preferred hire is supposed to be. Fox has a generally good resume and I think the only reason people want an up-and-coming coordinator is because they haven't had a chance to see that person be a crappy head coach yet.

I understand that it's kind of unexciting, but I think it's probably the best hire they could make.

This. They missed the boat. The guy was there, he wanted the job, they had the personnel to fit his offense to a T, and they hired CFL guy. That decision's going to hang over them like a black fucking cloud forever, and it probably should. I'm not gonna talk myself into liking their attempts to plug the dam. I'm just gonna sit here and be an asshole, and it seems like it's worked out pretty well for Fro. He's been right more than I have. 
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2015, 02:14:56 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2015, 02:09:51 PM

Look, you assholes got six years of the optimistic fuckhead who thought Kyle Orton was a starting QB and Jay Cutler was the savior and Angelo wasn't as bad as people thought and Emery and Trestman were forward thinking innovators. That fuckhead is dead. Pessimistic Kyle is back and you're all going to look back at those years fondly. You're going to miss the guy who spent 2,000 words telling you why Jay's bad haircut was good for the offense's prospects. This organization is fucked. Abandon hope all ye who enter.

I'm arguing (?) with a meme now, but in the interest of relative seriousness, I don't really know who the preferred hire is supposed to be. Fox has a generally good resume and I think the only reason people want an up-and-coming coordinator is because they haven't had a chance to see that person be a crappy head coach yet.

I understand that it's kind of unexciting, but I think it's probably the best hire they could make.

That's exactly what I'm upset about. It's not even their fault. They're stuck in a situation where the best available coach is a B+. And they've got a B- quarterback they're stuck with. They're still going to be in a division with the greatest QB God's ever put on earth for the next few years and their best option to counter that is a bunch of "eh, could do worse" options. They're screwed, and I'm just embracing nihilism as the only way to function.

Ever?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2015, 02:15:37 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 15, 2015, 02:14:56 PM

That's exactly what I'm upset about. It's not even their fault. They're stuck in a situation where the best available coach is a B+. And they've got a B- quarterback they're stuck with. They're still going to be in a division with the greatest QB God's ever put on earth for the next few years and their best option to counter that is a bunch of "eh, could do worse" options. They're screwed, and I'm just embracing nihilism as the only way to function.

Ever?

Probably.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2015, 02:20:20 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2015, 02:12:30 PM

This. They missed the boat. The guy was there, he wanted the job, they had the personnel to fit his offense to a T, and they hired CFL guy. That decision's going to hang over them like a black fucking cloud forever, and it probably should. I'm not gonna talk myself into liking their attempts to plug the dam. I'm just gonna sit here and be an asshole, and it seems like it's worked out pretty well for Fro. He's been right more than I have. 

I can't help myself.

Quote from: SKO, 8/30/13
I'm just glad they didn't hire Arians.

Quote from: SKO, 4/2/13
Basically. Arians is a Mike Martz that the world has yet to turn on.

*Ignores all my own posts about Arians.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2015, 02:22:08 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 15, 2015, 02:20:20 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2015, 02:12:30 PM

I can't help myself.

Quote from: SKO, 8/30/13
I'm just glad they didn't hire Arians.

Quote from: SKO, 4/2/13
Basically. Arians is a Mike Martz that the world has yet to turn on.

*Ignores all my own posts about Arians.

See, this is why I have embraced the fatalism of the fact that everything I know or think I believe in is wrong. I am a bad person. This season was my penance. Hair shirts are really itchy, though.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2015, 02:40:34 PM »

Yes, there are exceptions to most things. Good job.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2015, 02:50:09 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 15, 2015, 02:40:34 PM

Two of your last three posts say the same thing. 

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2015, 02:50:31 PM »

Actually I was wrong. There is one coach currently who has won a superbowl on his 3rd head coaching gig. Pete Carroll. so, yay.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2015, 02:54:34 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2015, 02:50:31 PM

Actually I was wrong. There is one coach currently who has won a superbowl on his 3rd head coaching gig. Pete Carroll. so, yay.

otherwise:

2013- Seahawks, Carroll- 3rd HC gig
2012- Ravens-Harbaugh- 1st
2011- Giants- Coughlin- 2nd
2010- Packers- McCarthy- 1st
2009- Saints- Payton- 1st
2008- Steelers-Tomlin-1st
2007-Giants-Coughlin- 2nd
2006-Colts-Dungy-2nd
2005-Steelers-Cowher-1st
2004-Patriots-Belichick-2nd
2003-Patriots-Belichick-2nd
2002-Bucs-Gruden-2nd
2001-Patriots-Belichick-2nd
2000-Ravens-Billick-1st
1999-Rams-Vermeil-2nd
1998-Broncos-Shanahan-2nd

So I'd say we're just mostly fucked that this is Fox's 3rd gig, and not his 2nd, which appears to be the sweet spot.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2015, 02:55:07 PM »
I realize sample size and that this is a horrible way to use any stat whatsoever but nope I'm just gonna keep being a dick.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2015, 02:55:49 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2015, 02:54:34 PM

otherwise:

2006-Colts-Dungy-2nd
2005-Steelers-Cowher-1st
2002-Bucs-Gruden-2nd
2000-Ravens-Billick-1st
1999-Rams-Vermeil-2nd

So I'd say we're just mostly fucked that this is Fox's 3rd gig, and not his 2nd, which appears to be the sweet spot.

Quick math, 22 of the 30 Super bowl winning coaches were on their first job.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2015, 02:57:22 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 15, 2015, 02:55:49 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2015, 02:54:34 PM

otherwise:

2006-Colts-Dungy-2nd
2005-Steelers-Cowher-1st
2002-Bucs-Gruden-2nd
2000-Ravens-Billick-1st
1999-Rams-Vermeil-2nd

Quick math, 22 of the 30 Super bowl winning coaches were on their first job.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2015, 03:13:37 PM »

Did the Lions sign Henry Burris when we weren't looking?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2015, 05:41:38 PM »

It kind of might be their fault.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2015, 11:03:34 AM »
Quote from: flannj on January 15, 2015, 05:41:38 PM

It kind of might be their fault.

This thread is pretty amazing. I'm on the Bears HateWagon myself. I'm not going to get excited about anything Bears-related ever again. Fuck every Bears player or coach past and present except for Charles Tillman and Walter Payton.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.