News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015 NFL Thread: Burn It All Down  ( 8,665 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
2015 NFL Thread: Burn It All Down
« on: February 02, 2015, 01:35:40 PM »
How can the league possibly top itself in soullessness and sordidness after a banner year like the one it just had?  Don't worry, The Rog is on it.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015 NFL Thread: Burn It All Down
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 01:53:16 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 02, 2015, 01:35:40 PM
How can the league possibly top itself in soullessness and sordidness after a banner year like the one it just had?  Don't worry, The Rog is on it.

Bigger question is, does it matter?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 04:07:28 PM »
Was Brandon Marshall hanging out with Goodell at the SB?  Is that weird?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 04:15:16 PM »
Today we've got reports of Johnny Football entering rehab and Warren Sapp beating up prostitutes. So business as usual.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 04:18:52 PM »
Quote from: Fork on February 02, 2015, 04:15:16 PM
Today we've got reports of Johnny Football entering rehab and Warren Sapp beating up prostitutes. So business as usual.

Not to mention...

Former Baltimore Ravens nose tackle Terrence Cody was indicted Monday morning for animal abuse involving a dog and an alligator, according to the Baltimore County Deputy State's Attorney in Maryland.

An alligator, dude.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 05:02:09 PM »
The best thing about pro football is that it makes me realize how much I love baseball.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 05:40:41 PM »
Josh McCown cut by the Bucs.  Nice choice, Lovie (signing him in the first place).
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 07:55:29 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 11, 2015, 05:40:41 PM
Josh McCown cut by the Bucs.  Nice choice, Lovie (signing him in the first place).

RIGHT THAT WRONG, RYE APACE

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 09:32:34 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 11, 2015, 07:55:29 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 11, 2015, 05:40:41 PM

RIGHT THAT WRONG, RYE APACE

No Marc Trestman?  NO DEAL

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 09:24:53 AM »
MuhGowan.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 02:36:22 AM »
Pernell McPhee.  This sounds pretty promising.  And if anyone can get the max out of him and use that versatility, it's Fangio.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 09:49:30 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 10, 2015, 02:36:22 AM
Pernell McPhee.  This sounds pretty promising.  And if anyone can get the max out of him and use that versatility, it's Fangio.

Bad knees and can't play the run. But yeah.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 12:51:47 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 10, 2015, 09:49:30 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 10, 2015, 02:36:22 AM

Bad knees and can't play the run. But yeah.

Damn it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 06:23:37 AM »
In Chicago, the Bears are coming off a dreadful 5-11 season and we are, today, perhaps at the furthest point away from both last season and next.  

Meanwhile, both baseball teams are in the midst of Spring Training, with legit hopes of playing meaningful August games, the Bulls are headed to the playoffs and the Blackhawks are in the midst of a decade-long once-in-a-generation run, treating their fans to an embarrassment of sustained quality reminiscent of the late 90's Bulls (and already having exceeded the 1980 Bears who, in retrospect, merely stomped on short-bus divisional foes and other talent-challenged teams before getting pansted at home in the playoff nearly every year).

Now I know that baseball hasn't really started, the Bulls are not legitmate title contenders and that hockey gets short shrift in this town by default, but the fact that NFL FREE AGENT SIGNING WEEEK (AND WILL JAY STAY OR GO?) seems to have been dominating local sports radio since Monday is making me hate football more and more.  Fucking obnoxious.  Hosts and callers.  Fucking idiots.  Sorry if this should've been in the Totally Unlistenable thread.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 09:14:05 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 11, 2015, 06:23:37 AM
In Chicago, the Bears are coming off a dreadful 5-11 season and we are, today, perhaps at the furthest point away from both last season and next.  

Meanwhile, both baseball teams are in the midst of Spring Training, with legit hopes of playing meaningful August games, the Bulls are headed to the playoffs and the Blackhawks are in the midst of a decade-long once-in-a-generation run, treating their fans to an embarrassment of sustained quality reminiscent of the late 90's Bulls (and already having exceeded the 1980 Bears who, in retrospect, merely stomped on short-bus divisional foes and other talent-challenged teams before getting pansted at home in the playoff nearly every year).

Now I know that baseball hasn't really started, the Bulls are not legitmate title contenders and that hockey gets short shrift in this town by default, but the fact that NFL FREE AGENT SIGNING WEEEK (AND WILL JAY STAY OR GO?) seems to have been dominating local sports radio since Monday is making me hate football more and more.  Fucking obnoxious.  Hosts and callers.  Fucking idiots.  Sorry if this should've been in the Totally Unlistenable thread.

You can post this anywhere you want. Just get your palms ready for a sweaty high five from yours truly.