News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Doctor Who  ( 8,649 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on December 26, 2013, 09:27:38 AM
I thought it had a pretty good setup with a mostly crap payoff.  The narrator told us all the interesting things that were happening (the Doctor and the Silence team up!) without actually showing them to us.  And then they decided they really needed to show us the Doctor sending away Clara twice.

Still, Matt Smith's last scene made it worth it and I think I'm going to like Capaldi.

I pretty much agree. I thought it was mostly enjoyable, but with some deep flaws. Smith nailed it as an actor as usual, and I have high hopes for Capaldi.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 11:16:05 AM »
no Karen Gillan? Well I'm not watching this crap then.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 12:26:19 PM »

Quote from: Slaky on December 26, 2013, 11:16:05 AM

1. Well, there was a little Karen Gillan

2. Jenna Louise Coleman does not hurt my eyes at all.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 12:00:56 PM »
Quote from: Bort on December 26, 2013, 12:26:19 PM

Quote from: Slaky on December 26, 2013, 11:16:05 AM

1. Well, there was a little Karen Gillan

2. Jenna Louise Coleman does not hurt my eyes at all.

This is correct.

So I was expecting a tearful emotional send-off and an amazing episode. It was alright I guess.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 07:22:15 PM »
Necrothread/

I started watching the series about a year ago. It generally hits the same part of my brain that holds my love of shows like Buffy and Angel, and is highly entertaining. So far I haven't disliked a Doctor or companion, although my best friend hated Smith for Tennant. Companionwise, it's hard to beat Karen Gillan, although Billie Piper has to be the second best (despite being on a number of my least favourite episodes).

Anyone watching the current season? I'm burning my way through the series on a second go-round before I start, but I'm pretty excited for the new episodes. /necrothread
M'lady.