News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Flash/Arrow  ( 3,685 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Flash/Arrow
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 11:59:50 AM »
Been rereading Waid's phenomenal run on the Flash, and it is only confirming that the Barry Allen from this show is just Waid's Wally West plus science nerd. Which is...actually pretty perfect, because it kind of makes him Peter Parker.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 12:04:36 PM »
Quote from: Bort on February 27, 2015, 11:59:50 AM
Been rereading Waid's phenomenal run on the Flash, and it is only confirming that the Barry Allen from this show is just Waid's Wally West plus science nerd. Which is...actually pretty perfect, because it kind of makes him Peter Parker.

Yep. As I've said before, Arrow was definitely meant originally to be TV Nolan Batman. The Flash borrows a lot conceptually from Sam Raimi Spider-Man. Both are great moves.

Flash is just so perfect. I especially like how every episode usually begins with the little bit where he rescues someone from a burning building or a car wreck or something. So many superhero shows/movies focus on battling villains and "saving the world" in such an indirect way you never see people actually rescued by these heroes. It's cool to see Barry doing that stuff.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 12:09:59 PM »
Flash is perfect and tomorrow night I get to watch a telepathic gorilla wreck shit on prime time television and I don't know how to properly express my glee.

Also the Darth Ollie arc on Arrow is pretty good.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 03:31:09 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 04, 2015, 12:09:59 PM
Flash is perfect and tomorrow night I get to watch a telepathic gorilla wreck shit on prime time television and I don't know how to properly express my glee.

Christ, I love this show.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 03:44:32 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 04, 2015, 03:31:09 PM

The scene in last week's episode where he flaps his fucking arms to put out a fire....what delightful silver age looneyness that was. I heart you, Flash writers.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 04:16:47 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 04, 2015, 03:44:32 PM
Quote from: Bort on May 04, 2015, 03:31:09 PM

The scene in last week's episode where he flaps his fucking arms to put out a fire....what delightful silver age looneyness that was. I heart you, Flash writers.

My life will be complete when he starts sarcastically telling Flash Facts.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 10:12:18 AM »
The disparity between these two shows gets more noticeable all of the time. Arrow still seems to be spinning its wheels and hasn't gotten much better if at all since season 2. Also Oliver is still a dick like all of the time to everyone.

Flash just gets more and more delightful. Giving Victor Garber an in-universe reason for drawing the fucking multiverse on a whiteboard warmed my old comic loving heart greatly.