News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.  ( 60,364 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chicago Bears 2012 Championship Season: Lovestink is Forever.
« Reply #480 on: January 07, 2016, 01:19:48 PM »
I misread the numbers, Koetter has actually had four top 20 scoring teams (18th in 2010, 6th in 2007, 7th in 2012, and 12th in 2014). So in ten years as an OC he's had a better than league average offense three times, not two. My bad. Give him personnel control while you're at it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #481 on: January 07, 2016, 01:21:26 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 01:16:54 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 07, 2016, 01:15:34 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 01:13:58 PM
Dirk Koetter has been an offensive coordinator for ten years in the NFL and has finished higher than 24th in scoring....twice. He was a mediocre college coach the last time he had a head job. Who gives a fuck if Jameis likes him? He obviously doesn't know any better.

Better make that man a head coach before someone else snags him, I tell ya.

They should hire a proven winner OC like Josh McDaniels.

Hiring Josh McDaniels makes more sense (and it makes no sense) than firing Lovie just to promote Dirk Koetter. A whole year of being disengaged from football led to me forgetting how horribly wrong you are about everything all of the time. This has been a nice refresher.

You're the only one arguing about Dirk Koetter, though you obviously don't realize that.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #482 on: January 07, 2016, 01:23:36 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 07, 2016, 12:09:43 PM
Regardless of what you think of Koetter, if the Bucs feel like their more important asset right now is Jameis (probably fair) and that Koetter is more integral to Jameis' development than Lovie, then it makes fine sense for them to promote Koetter to HC rather than losing him if they truly felt like there was a decent chance he was going to get another HC job (which sounds a least possible.)

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #483 on: January 07, 2016, 01:24:28 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 01:23:36 PM
Regardless of what you think of Koetter, if the Bucs feel like their more important asset right now is Jameis (probably fair) and that Koetter is more integral to Jameis' development than Lovie, then it makes fine sense for them to promote Koetter to HC rather than losing him if they truly felt like there was a decent chance he was going to get another HC job (which sounds a least possible.)

Correct, I'm arguing about Jameis while you're talking about alienating the defense and creating an environment that people don't want to work in.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #484 on: January 07, 2016, 01:25:47 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 07, 2016, 01:24:28 PM

Correct, I'm arguing about Jameis while you're talking about alienating the defense and creating an environment that people don't want to work in.

You said it makes sense to promote Koetter. I'm saying it doesn't. Even if Jameis likes him, who cares, is that's what best for the franchise? Get Jameis a different, better offensive coordinator (and they are definitely out there) and tell him to get over it.

Firing Lovie for an offensive mind if you're putting QB development above all else is somewhat defensible. Saying that offensive mind is Dirk Koetter is not.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #485 on: January 07, 2016, 01:34:04 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 01:25:47 PM

You said it makes sense to promote Koetter. I'm saying it doesn't. Even if Jameis likes him, who cares, is that's what best for the franchise? Get Jameis a different, better offensive coordinator (and they are definitely out there) and tell him to get over it.

Firing Lovie for an offensive mind if you're putting QB development above all else is somewhat defensible. Saying that offensive mind is Dirk Koetter is not.

I have no idea if Koetter will be a good head coach in Tampa, that's Licht's job.
But he's probably more qualified than internet Guy who thought Arians was a bad choice for the Bears.

I'm just arguing that I get firing Lovie for someone who works well with Jameis because he's the most important part of that franchise. Far more important than Lavonte Davis or making sure that there's continuity.

Maybe you're just struggling with multi-tasking here what with trying to convince people that the Cubs most heartbreaking loss last year was that one that no one really remembers.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #486 on: January 07, 2016, 01:46:21 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 07, 2016, 01:34:04 PM

I have no idea if Koetter will be a good head coach in Tampa, that's Licht's job.
But he's probably more qualified than internet Guy who thought Arians was a bad choice for the Bears.

I'm just arguing that I get firing Lovie for someone who works well with Jameis because he's the most important part of that franchise. Far more important than Lavonte Davis or making sure that there's continuity.

Maybe you're just struggling with multi-tasking here what with trying to convince people that the Cubs most heartbreaking loss last year was that one that no one really remembers.

Fuck off.  I remember that game, mostly for shitbird Emilio Bonifacio--who did nothing else all year for the Sox-- got an HBP in the 9th or 10th, should've been called for attempting to steal second, and eventually came around to score without the benefit of a hit.  I was pretty damn asshurt for a few hours after that game. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #487 on: January 07, 2016, 01:48:59 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 07, 2016, 01:46:21 PM

Fuck off.  I remember that game, mostly for shitbird Emilio Bonifacio--who did nothing else all year for the Sox-- got an HBP in the 9th or 10th, should've been called for attempting to steal second, and eventually came around to score without the benefit of a hit.  I was pretty damn asshurt for a few hours after that game. 

Pen is just trolling until he gets his beloved Dead Pool post.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #488 on: January 07, 2016, 01:53:16 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 07, 2016, 01:48:59 PM

I do seriously love that post.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #489 on: January 07, 2016, 02:02:59 PM »

Licht hired Lovie Smith and fired him within two years but sure let's trust his judgment on whether the very model of a modern major mediocre offensive coordinator is their best bet for head coach just because a kid who has never had another NFL offensive coordinator think he's the best one evar.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #490 on: January 07, 2016, 02:06:31 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 02:02:59 PM

Licht hired Lovie Smith and fired him within two years but sure let's trust his judgment on whether the very model of a major mediocre offensive coordinator is their best bet for head coach just because a kid who has never had another NFL offensive coordinator think he's the best one evar.

Licht hired Lovie two years ago so he could finally see that McCown Magic Show sans Trestman.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #491 on: January 07, 2016, 02:58:19 PM »
Can we fire this thread and promote one of its assistants?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #492 on: January 07, 2016, 03:11:36 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2016, 02:02:59 PM

Licht hired Lovie Smith and fired him within two years but sure let's trust his judgment on whether the very model of a modern major mediocre offensive coordinator is their best bet for head coach just because a kid who has never had another NFL offensive coordinator think he's the best one evar.

I defer to the Lord High Executioner.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #493 on: January 07, 2016, 09:13:43 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 07, 2016, 01:53:16 PM

Can I repick my Deadpool choices?

1. Dirk Koetter
2. Jameis Winston
3. Lovie Smith
4 Adam Gase
5. Emilio Bonifacio
6. Carlos Rodon
7. Josh McDaniels
8. Phil Emery
9. John Fox
10. PenFoe

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #494 on: January 08, 2016, 08:31:58 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 07, 2016, 09:13:43 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 07, 2016, 01:53:16 PM

Can I repick my Deadpool choices?

1. Dirk Koetter
2. Jameis Winston
3. Lovie Smith
4 Adam Gase
5. Emilio Bonifacio
6. Carlos Rodon
7. Josh McDaniels
8. Phil Emery
9. John Fox
10. PenFoe

My thumbs hurt from sticking up so hard at this post.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.