News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015: The Back To The Future Season  ( 112,676 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015: The Back To The Future Season
« Reply #555 on: June 22, 2015, 11:20:57 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on June 22, 2015, 10:59:23 PM
LOL, I will, and I'm drunk and take ALL responsibility for MISStyping/MISSpelling. Thank you for calling me out on my obvious idiocy.

It'd be something if all the latent Desipiots started bursting out in the open now that the Cubs finally appear to be bordering on a sportsgasm.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #556 on: June 22, 2015, 11:38:58 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 22, 2015, 11:20:57 PM
LOL, I will, and I'm drunk and take ALL responsibility for MISStyping/MISSpelling. Thank you for calling me out on my obvious idiocy.

It'd be something if all the latent Desipiots started bursting out in the open now that the Cubs finally appear to be bordering on a sportsgasm.

Except Kurt.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #557 on: June 23, 2015, 12:13:15 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 22, 2015, 11:20:57 PM

It's not so much that I'm latent, just that the last 6 yrs I didn't really feel that I would be adding much with my incessant bitching about how craptastic the club was, at least compared to most of the gems put up on the site. Trust me, I've read most of the site during that time, just felt that adding my complaints were basically pointless in the big picture. Even when this team gets really good, I'll still just mostly enjoy reading rather than posting for the most part.

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #558 on: June 23, 2015, 12:23:52 AM »
The only thing that pisses me off about this site's that my traitorous cunt of a cousin got me reading this site around '07. My grandpa and his dad were huge Cub fans, which of course led him to become one. About 5 years ago that fucktard got a job with an educational program for the US based outta mouthbreather-central, better known as St. Louis. He got to throw out a few pitches and they told him he couldn't wear a Cubs jersey. 2 years ago I see him on Facebook wearing a fucking Tards jersey during the playoffs talking about how great they were. I confronted him and he fucking completely turned coat saying that he was sick of following such a losing organization like the Cubs. I said that would've been me moving to enemy territory in Cheesedickville and becoming a useless Slackers fans and he had no comeback. There's gotta be something in the water in that hickerbilly state that fucks with your head, only explanation I can come up with.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #559 on: June 23, 2015, 01:04:15 AM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on June 23, 2015, 12:23:52 AM
The only thing that pisses me off about this site's that my traitorous cunt of a cousin got me reading this site around '07. My grandpa and his dad were huge Cub fans, which of course led him to become one. About 5 years ago that fucktard got a job with an educational program for the US based outta mouthbreather-central, better known as St. Louis. He got to throw out a few pitches and they told him he couldn't wear a Cubs jersey. 2 years ago I see him on Facebook wearing a fucking Tards jersey during the playoffs talking about how great they were. I confronted him and he fucking completely turned coat saying that he was sick of following such a losing organization like the Cubs. I said that would've been me moving to enemy territory in Cheesedickville and becoming a useless Slackers fans and he had no comeback. There's gotta be something in the water in that hickerbilly state that fucks with your head, only explanation I can come up with.

People love a good frontrunner.

Right, Apex?

hector

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #560 on: June 23, 2015, 09:41:46 AM »
Latent long time lurker, first time caller Desipiot reporting for duty

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #561 on: June 23, 2015, 09:43:15 AM »
Quote from: hector on June 23, 2015, 09:41:46 AM

SUPYAD
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #562 on: June 23, 2015, 09:48:15 AM »
Quote from: hector on June 23, 2015, 09:41:46 AM

Who was the last Desipiot to make their first post? Steraling Archer? It's been forever.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #563 on: June 23, 2015, 09:57:32 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 23, 2015, 01:04:15 AM
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on June 23, 2015, 12:23:52 AM

People love a good frontrunner.

Right, Apex?

I wouldn't know. My hero is now 2-4 in the NBA Finals so he's basically the black Greg Norman of everything. Or maybe you don't have social media and weren't aware of that.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #564 on: June 23, 2015, 09:59:16 AM »
The Cubs are playing at a 90.5 win pace so far. Do you take the over or under on that for the year? Given that they've played one of the tougher schedules in baseball so far, I'm tempted to take the over. Especially if (when?) they get some reinforcements via trade in the next few weeks.

The next week is still going to be tough and they may fall back from that 90.5-win pace a bit. But after that, July is prime time to reel off a ton of wins. Look at this:

FLA (3)
STL (4)
SOX (3)
@ ATL (3)
@ CIN (4)
PHI (3)
COL (3)
@ MIL (4)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #565 on: June 23, 2015, 10:07:23 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 23, 2015, 09:59:16 AM
The Cubs are playing at a 90.5 win pace so far. Do you take the over or under on that for the year? Given that they've played one of the tougher schedules in baseball so far, I'm tempted to take the over. Especially if (when?) they get some reinforcements via trade in the next few weeks.

The next week is still going to be tough and they may fall back from that 90.5-win pace a bit. But after that, July is prime time to reel off a ton of wins. Look at this:

FLA (3)
STL (4)
SOX (3)
@ ATL (3)
@ CIN (4)
PHI (3)
COL (3)
@ MIL (4)

I'll take a controversial position by predicting that they will win EXACTLY 90.5 games. You heard it here first.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #566 on: June 23, 2015, 10:09:25 AM »

FLA (3)
STL (4)
SOX (3)
@ ATL (3)
@ CIN (4)
PHI (3)
COL (3)
@ MIL (4)

I try not to handicap schedules in baseball, especially since these Cubs seem to play up and down to their competition, but I'll say 90 wins exactly.

Within the next month you'll see reinforcements for the pen in Ramirez, maybe Rafael Soriano, potentially a guy like Papelbon. They've already become a pretty damn good unit over the last month or so and with those guys in and guys like Jackson and Wood presumably gone, they could become one of those Royals like pens that just ends games after 4 or 5 innings.

On the bench you have to assume Olt will be back soon, presumably Alcantara will make an appearance at some point, Soler's imminent return in the next week or two will move Denorfia to the bench where he belongs. Wouldn't be surprising to see Theo make a move for an extra bench bat at some point as well. Then by September you get Schwarber and hopefully Javy to add into the mix.

It's just hard to see this team getting worse without major injuries. Logic still dictates we've yet to even see the best these Cubs can be, and the schedule lightens up, too.

Boners.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #567 on: June 23, 2015, 10:15:13 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 23, 2015, 10:09:25 AM

FLA (3)
STL (4)
SOX (3)
@ ATL (3)
@ CIN (4)
PHI (3)
COL (3)
@ MIL (4)

I try not to handicap schedules in baseball, especially since these Cubs seem to play up and down to their competition, but I'll say 90 wins exactly.

Within the next month you'll see reinforcements for the pen in Ramirez, maybe Rafael Soriano, potentially a guy like Papelbon. They've already become a pretty damn good unit over the last month or so and with those guys in and guys like Jackson and Wood presumably gone, they could become one of those Royals like pens that just ends games after 4 or 5 innings.

On the bench you have to assume Olt will be back soon, presumably Alcantara will make an appearance at some point, Soler's imminent return in the next week or two will move Denorfia to the bench where he belongs. Wouldn't be surprising to see Theo make a move for an extra bench bat at some point as well. Then by September you get Schwarber and hopefully Javy to add into the mix.

It's just hard to see this team getting worse without major injuries. Logic still dictates we've yet to even see the best these Cubs can be, and the schedule lightens up, too.

Boners.

I don't have to if I don't want to.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #568 on: June 23, 2015, 11:22:25 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 23, 2015, 10:15:13 AM

FLA (3)
STL (4)
SOX (3)
@ ATL (3)
@ CIN (4)
PHI (3)
COL (3)
@ MIL (4)

Boners.

It helps if you think of Olt as the guy who is just going to take most of Jonathan Herrera's playing time. Maybe some of Mack Seizure's.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #569 on: June 23, 2015, 11:25:34 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 23, 2015, 11:22:25 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on June 23, 2015, 10:15:13 AM

FLA (3)
STL (4)
SOX (3)
@ ATL (3)
@ CIN (4)
PHI (3)
COL (3)
@ MIL (4)

Boners.

It helps if you think of Olt as the guy who is just going to take most of Jonathan Herrera's playing time. Maybe some of Mack Seizure's.

This is not any help at all.