News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015: The Back To The Future Season  ( 112,445 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015: The Back To The Future Season
« Reply #825 on: August 19, 2015, 09:32:36 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 19, 2015, 07:37:53 AM
Hopefully that at least keeps Hammel from bitching the next time Joe has to pull him early before he goes full turd.

I don't have any problem with Hammel bitching about being pulled, and I'm betting you don't, really, either.  Beats Matt F. Clement looking plaintively into the dugout, that's for sure.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #826 on: August 19, 2015, 09:36:34 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 19, 2015, 09:32:36 AM
Hopefully that at least keeps Hammel from bitching the next time Joe has to pull him early before he goes full turd.

I don't have any problem with Hammel bitching about being pulled, and I'm betting you don't, really, either.  Beats Matt F. Clement looking plaintively into the dugout, that's for sure.

I'm saying he can pitch gooder before he gets all uppity about being pulled. EARN THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN. I pay his celery after all.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #827 on: August 19, 2015, 11:42:06 AM »

Me either.  This is one of those times when neither side is wrong.  Joe's right to pull him if he sees something he doesn't like and he's trying to win the game.  Jason's right to want a chance to give his team as many quality innings as he can.  The guy did come back and sign a pretty damn team-friendly deal after being traded.  He's bought in, and he's justified to feel like he's earned a little capital.  To celebrate a rain delay shutting someone up (if it's a joke, I missed it) who's done nothing but pitch his butt off since he put on a Cubs uniform and be loyal to them when he didn't have to is ... odd. 
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #828 on: August 19, 2015, 12:06:46 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 19, 2015, 11:42:06 AM

I don't have any problem with Hammel bitching about being pulled, and I'm betting you don't, really, either.  Beats Matt F. Clement looking plaintively into the dugout, that's for sure.

Me either.  This is one of those times when neither side is wrong.  Joe's right to pull him if he sees something he doesn't like and he's trying to win the game.  Jason's right to want a chance to give his team as many quality innings as he can.  The guy did come back and sign a pretty damn team-friendly deal after being traded.  He's bought in, and he's justified to feel like he's earned a little capital.  To celebrate a rain delay shutting someone up (if it's a joke, I missed it) who's done nothing but pitch his butt off since he put on a Cubs uniform and be loyal to them when he didn't have to is ... odd.  

I am mad he hasn't managed to go more than 5 innings without falling apart in over a month and I stand by it because this is sports. If you require more analysis than that, I'm sorry. When he pitches well again, I will like him again. I owe him nothing more than this, regardless of his loyalty, because such is the relationship between fan and athlete.

Also, I wasn't celebrating it,  because the Cubs losing sucks. I just found the stories regarding his butthurt over being pulled when it was clearly the right move somewhat grating, and I think even he would agree at least after last night that he's not good right now and Joe has to do what he feels is best.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #829 on: August 19, 2015, 02:38:22 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 19, 2015, 12:06:46 PM

I don't have any problem with Hammel bitching about being pulled, and I'm betting you don't, really, either.  Beats Matt F. Clement looking plaintively into the dugout, that's for sure.

Me either.  This is one of those times when neither side is wrong.  Joe's right to pull him if he sees something he doesn't like and he's trying to win the game.  Jason's right to want a chance to give his team as many quality innings as he can.  The guy did come back and sign a pretty damn team-friendly deal after being traded.  He's bought in, and he's justified to feel like he's earned a little capital.  To celebrate a rain delay shutting someone up (if it's a joke, I missed it) who's done nothing but pitch his butt off since he put on a Cubs uniform and be loyal to them when he didn't have to is ... odd.  

I am mad he hasn't managed to go more than 5 innings without falling apart in over a month and I stand by it because this is sports. If you require more analysis than that, I'm sorry. When he pitches well again, I will like him again. I owe him nothing more than this, regardless of his loyalty, because such is the relationship between fan and athlete.

Also, I wasn't celebrating it,  because the Cubs losing sucks. I just found the stories regarding his butthurt over being pulled when it was clearly the right move somewhat grating, and I think even he would agree at least after last night that he's not good right now and Joe has to do what he feels is best.

Maybe as a veteran professional pitcher he thinks he only needs the chance to work through these problems so he can return to form and is frustrated that winning is more important to allow for game action repair work, even if he does understand why. (See the part about both sides being right up there? For some reason you've decided Hammel is wrong but he's just not.) But sure, how dare he not pitch the exact same with the exact same stats every game of the year? What a selfish asshole. Best way to correct variance is to overreact to it, that's what I always say. Your new hero Dex sucked ass for like half the year, were you wishing for a knee injury then? Or is it just the players who have the gall to be honest about their jobs since I'm sure you've never complained about yours once in your life? Hammel can absolutely express his frustration and still be supporting his team at the same time. Either way this is stupid and you're stupid and now I'm stupid. Sunavabitch. I just got SKO'd.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #830 on: August 19, 2015, 02:44:14 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 19, 2015, 02:38:22 PM

Maybe as a veteran professional pitcher he thinks he only needs the chance to work through these problems so he can return to form and is frustrated that winning is more important to allow for game action repair work, even if he does understand why. (See the part about both sides being right up there? For some reason you've decided Hammel is wrong but he's just not.) But sure, how dare he not pitch the exact same with the exact same stats every game of the year? What a selfish asshole. Best way to correct variance is to overreact to it, that's what I always say. Your new hero Dex sucked ass for like half the year, were you wishing for a knee injury then? Or is it just the players who have the gall to be honest about their jobs since I'm sure you've never complained about yours once in your life? Hammel can absolutely express his frustration and still be supporting his team at the same time. Either way this is stupid and you're stupid and now I'm stupid. Sunavabitch. I just got SKO'd.

Or, OR, when athletes play badly we complain and when they play well we cheer and that's how sports work, dumbass.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #831 on: August 19, 2015, 02:47:39 PM »

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #832 on: August 19, 2015, 02:48:56 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 19, 2015, 02:44:14 PM

Or, OR, when athletes play badly we complain and when they play well we cheer and that's how sports work, dumbass.

Boom, roasted

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #833 on: August 19, 2015, 02:51:24 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 19, 2015, 02:47:39 PM
Best way to correct variance is to overreact to it, that's what I always say.

Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 14, 2015, 04:43:04 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 14, 2015, 04:05:05 PM
Pssst.... hey Kyle ....

Fair, except I've complained about his high-wire act for a while, so it's weird how these two situations aren't the same. But sure, why not, if it gets me out of this discussion for a while. I am faced. 

Sorry, Pex, I've finally hit my limit with him. They'll give you a refund at the door.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #834 on: August 19, 2015, 07:53:44 PM »
Anybody who still feels joyful positive better watch reruns of The Goldbergs or something tonight.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #835 on: August 19, 2015, 08:26:03 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 19, 2015, 07:53:44 PM
Anybody who still feels joyful positive better watch reruns of The Goldbergs or something tonight.

It's the 4th inning.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #836 on: August 19, 2015, 09:16:59 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 19, 2015, 08:26:03 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 19, 2015, 07:53:44 PM

It's the 4th inning.

The 5th wasn't exactly a pleasure.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #837 on: August 23, 2015, 04:22:17 PM »
20 games over.500, female doges

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #838 on: August 23, 2015, 07:58:40 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 23, 2015, 04:22:17 PM
20 games over.500, female doges

This fucking team.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #839 on: August 23, 2015, 08:21:50 PM »