News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Joe Maddon: The Man Behind the Glasses  ( 64,934 )

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Joe Maddon: The Man Behind the Glasses
« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2016, 12:16:11 AM »
For as bad as Heyward is...Soler dogging it out of the box cost him 90 feet and tying the game.  And for that lack of effort, this guy can get shipped wherever in the offseason, and I seriously won't give a fuck.  Gutless.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: October 29, 2016, 12:52:19 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on October 29, 2016, 12:16:11 AM
For as bad as Heyward is...Soler dogging it out of the box cost him 90 feet and tying the game.  And for that lack of effort, this guy can get shipped wherever in the offseason, and I seriously won't give a fuck.  Gutless.
Oh, come the fuck on. There is no way he makes it home even if he came out of the box 2 seconds before he hit the ball, you fucking idiot.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2016, 01:53:29 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 29, 2016, 12:52:19 AM
Oh, come the fuck on. There is no way he makes it home even if he came out of the box 2 seconds before he hit the ball, you fucking idiot.

But Joe Buck said he had a shot, and who knows more than Joe Buck?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: October 29, 2016, 08:17:09 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 29, 2016, 12:52:19 AM
I feel kind of guilty. Last night I was frustrated and tired when I called you a fucking idiot. I should have called you a fucking imbecile, but the words just weren't coming.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: October 29, 2016, 08:28:14 AM »

No. Hell no. How much difference do you think it makes to jog for 30 feet instead of sprint? He didn't have a chance at scoring.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: October 29, 2016, 08:39:57 AM »

This is a dumb opinion.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: October 29, 2016, 08:43:18 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 29, 2016, 08:39:57 AM

This is a dumb opinion.

And easily read as borderline racist, what with accusing the black player of not hustling.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2016, 11:50:47 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 29, 2016, 08:43:18 AM

This is a dumb opinion.

And easily read as borderline racist, what with accusing the black player of not hustling.
What I don't understand is why he wrote "Gutless".  "Clueless", maybe?  Frustrating?  Of course.   If he had gotten to third earlier who knows what might have happened on the throw?  But it didn't show a lack of courage.  However, I agree with him that Soler is expendable.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2016, 12:07:14 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 29, 2016, 11:50:47 AM

This is a dumb opinion.

What I don't understand is why he wrote "Gutless".  "Clueless", maybe?  Frustrating?  Of course.   If he had gotten to third earlier who knows what might have happened on the throw?  But it didn't show a lack of courage.  However, I agree with him that Soler is expendable.

Honestly, had he hustled the whole way through, people would've been pissed that he got gunned down easily at the plate instead of settling for a triple.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: October 29, 2016, 12:26:44 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 29, 2016, 12:07:14 PM

This is a dumb opinion.

Honestly, had he hustled the whole way through, people would've been pissed that he got gunned down easily at the plate instead of settling for a triple.
See?  "Gunned down easily at the plate."  You are thinking like a Cub fan.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2016, 12:57:14 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 29, 2016, 12:26:44 PM
For as bad as Heyward is...Soler dogging it out of the box cost him 90 feet and tying the game.  And for that lack of effort, this guy can get shipped wherever in the offseason, and I seriously won't give a fuck.  Gutless.

This is a dumb opinion.

What I don't understand is why he wrote "Gutless".  "Clueless", maybe?  Frustrating?  Of course.   If he had gotten to third earlier who knows what might have happened on the throw?  But it didn't show a lack of courage.  However, I agree with him that Soler is expendable.

See?  "Gunned down easily at the plate."  You are thinking like a Cub fan.

No. I'm thinking like someone with a rudimentary knowledge of Newtonian physics.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2016, 02:11:10 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 29, 2016, 12:57:14 PM
For as bad as Heyward is...Soler dogging it out of the box cost him 90 feet and tying the game.  And for that lack of effort, this guy can get shipped wherever in the offseason, and I seriously won't give a fuck.  Gutless.

This is a dumb opinion.

What I don't understand is why he wrote "Gutless".  "Clueless", maybe?  Frustrating?  Of course.   If he had gotten to third earlier who knows what might have happened on the throw?  But it didn't show a lack of courage.  However, I agree with him that Soler is expendable.

See?  "Gunned down easily at the plate."  You are thinking like a Cub fan.

No. I'm thinking like someone with a rudimentary knowledge of Newtonian physics.
Who did this guy Newton play for?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2016, 02:13:13 PM »
Heyward batting seventh. Maybe the Indians will make errors on everything he hits!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2016, 02:38:48 PM »

This is a dumb opinion.

See?  "Gunned down easily at the plate."  You are thinking like a Cub fan.

No, I was thinking like a Cubs fan in that I'm sure that Soler would have blown out a hamstring rounding 3rd base through a stop sign and been tagged out while laying on the ground.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2016, 03:04:53 PM »
Joe Sheehan:

(The final batter of the night was Javier Baez, who was worked into the ground by Allen in a five-pitch at-bat in which Allen got swinging strikes on consecutive pitches low and outside and high and inside. It was an awful match-up for Baez, but the Cubs were out of left-handed batters, in part because one of them was standing on third base. Using Coghlan to run for Rizzo gained maybe fractions of a run, while costing the Cubs much more by forcing Baez to hit off Allen, rather than Coghlan. I keep coming back to this: Maddon is a good manager on the whole, but he's not a particularly good tactical manager. Burning Coghlan as a pinch-runner rather than saving him to hit for Baez was the biggest managerial mistake of the Series so far.)