News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Dexter Fowler Center Field of Splooge Thread  ( 24,506 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Dexter Fowler Center Field of Splooge Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2015, 09:56:26 AM »
I would like to reiterate that I think this guy is a pretty good ballplayer and I'm glad the Cubs have him.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2015, 11:37:22 PM »
Nice read on Bryant's blooper.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2015, 05:18:28 PM »
Bump for him making a great snag in a huge situation.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2015, 06:19:53 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on May 29, 2015, 05:18:28 PM

And then bump cancelled by the opposite of that
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2015, 09:07:26 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 29, 2015, 06:19:53 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on May 29, 2015, 05:18:28 PM

And then bump cancelled by the opposite of that

Yeah, that was not good. Anti-bump.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2015, 01:44:04 AM »
On balance, I don't think Fowler was out at the plate - I'm not at all sure he was actually tagged.  Nonetheless, his entire body was past the plate by the time he touched it and he seemed to plant his back hand in the dirt, short of the plate, and then pivot around it.  It shouldn't even have been close, there, and has to count as a boner that, on another day, might well have cost the Cubs the game.

I'm watching you, William.

Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2015, 08:09:24 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 01, 2015, 01:44:04 AM
On balance, I don't think Fowler was out at the plate - I'm not at all sure he was actually tagged.  Nonetheless, his entire body was past the plate by the time he touched it and he seemed to plant his back hand in the dirt, short of the plate, and then pivot around it.  It shouldn't even have been close, there, and has to count as a boner that, on another day, might well have cost the Cubs the game.

Yeah it was the weirdest slide to utilize in that situation. That's really been my only complaint about Dexter this year...his base running at times has been...Alou-ish.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2015, 09:02:16 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 01, 2015, 08:09:24 AM

Yeah it was the weirdest slide to utilize in that situation. That's really been my only complaint about Dexter this year...his base running at times has been...Alou-ish.

The slide was just fine. The decision to run on a gold glove LF with nary an out in the inning was not. I didn't see if he ran through a stop sign or not. I doubt it. He only gave Perez a sliver of a jersey upon which to apply the tag and none of the angles we had could tell if he got him or not. The home plate up who made the call had the best angle in the entire universe and I had no problem upholding that. The series of events that allowed Ross to bat in both those late inning situations were unfortunate, beginning with his contract.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2015, 09:05:08 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 01, 2015, 09:02:16 AM

The slide was just fine. The decision to run on a gold glove LF with nary an out in the inning was not. I didn't see if he ran through a stop sign or not. I doubt it. He only gave Perez a sliver of a jersey upon which to apply the tag and none of the angles we had could tell if he got him or not. The home plate up who made the call had the best angle in the entire universe and I had no problem upholding that. The series of events that allowed Ross to bat in both those late inning situations were unfortunate, beginning with his contract.

The third base coach waved him home. The decision to run (which I agree was dumb) was not on him, that slide was a weird one, though. I feel like a normal feet first slide doesn't really give Perez that chance to tag. Oh well. Miracles happen.

Kinda odd the Cubs have now had two extra inning games where the guy you basically least wanted up at the plate with a guy on 3rd and 1 out came to the plate (Mack Seizure and Ross), they predictably fucked up, and then both got mulligans on bloop singles the next time around.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2015, 09:07:18 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 01, 2015, 09:05:08 AM

The third base coach waved him home. The decision to run (which I agree was dumb) was not on him, that slide was a weird one, though. I feel like a normal feet first slide doesn't really give Perez that chance to tag. Oh well. Miracles happen.

Kinda odd the Cubs have now had two extra inning games where the guy you basically least wanted up at the plate with a guy on 3rd and 1 out came to the plate (Mack Seizure and Ross), they predictably fucked up, and then both got mulligans on bloop singles the next time around.

That is kinda odd. I guess the whole curse thing is over. That's gotta go in the plus column. AMIRITE?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2015, 09:27:53 AM »

I don't know - the next 3 due up were Castro (been godawful for a month and 98% likely to hit into a DP), Ross (an objectively great player but having a tough start to the year) and Hammel (I think he might be a pitcher). And if Fowler gets thrown out you've still got 2nd & 3rd with one out. I actually don't have a huge problem with the send.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2015, 09:30:24 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 01, 2015, 09:27:53 AM

I don't know - the next 3 due up were Castro (been godawful for a month and 98% likely to hit into a DP), Ross (an objectively great player but having a tough start to the year) and Hammel (I think he might be a pitcher). And if Fowler gets thrown out you've still got 2nd & 3rd with one out. I actually don't have a huge problem with the send.

With bases loaded and no outs, you have to bring the infield in and even May 31, 2015 Starlin Castro would be at a huge advantage. But fuck it, he was out by a cunt hair. The Cubs won. Why are we doing this?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2015, 09:33:06 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 01, 2015, 09:30:24 AM

With bases loaded and no outs, you have to bring the infield in and even May 31, 2015 Starlin Castro would be at a huge advantage. But fuck it, he was out by a cunt hair. The Cubs won. Why are we doing this?

I was just thinking about that this morning. This is the best and most exciting team we've had in quite a while and we all spend a good deal of our time being cranky bitches about it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2015, 09:35:28 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 01, 2015, 09:33:06 AM

I was just thinking about that this morning. This is the best and most exciting team we've had in quite a while and we all spend a good deal of our time being cranky bitches twats about it.

Tonk'd

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2015, 09:40:18 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 01, 2015, 09:35:28 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 01, 2015, 09:33:06 AM

I was just thinking about that this morning. This is the best and most exciting team we've had in quite a while and we all spend a good deal of our time being cranky bitches twats about it.

Tonk'd

DPD, but I think we're just generally snarky, cynical people, and the fact of the matter is these Cubs play almost exclusively close games. Every close win is exciting as hell and every close loss is almost always an infuriating debacle caused by one bullpen asshole or another and it's easy to let those make you stew over missed opportunities until the next game rolls around, hence the outbreak of twat-like behavior.