News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Time to firebarn Brian Schlitter  ( 8,314 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Time to firebarn Brian Schlitter
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2015, 09:06:58 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 22, 2015, 09:04:36 AM
The middle innings are a real shitshow right now. The starters will get stretched out soon, I hope and they'll rely less on Schlitter, Jason Motte and Phil Meth. I know it's insane, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing E-Jax get a tryout in a leverage situation, as he can't be worse than the aforementioned. Actually, I guess he can.

But if you're looking for reasons why the enthusiasm should be tempered and the postseason we covet may be at least a year away, these slapdicks might be it. I know the Reds and Pirates have similar issues in that area. A lot of teams do at this point with starters going 5-6 innings a start and back ends of rotations still in flux. But this could be a real bad deal for us.

Also, anyone who had a problem with Pedro Strop at anytime during his tenure here now has this opportunity to apologize, directly to me. 

I'd be more worried if there weren't reinforcements coming eventually in Grimm and Ramirez, and you can always flip minor prospects for bullpen arms. It may be June before they have them both in there or get other help, but as long as they can stay above water till then I think they should still be poised for a run as the starters get stretched out, Lester settles in, and hopefully the offense stays hot.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2015, 09:21:15 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 22, 2015, 09:06:58 AM
The middle innings are a real shitshow right now. The starters will get stretched out soon, I hope and they'll rely less on Schlitter, Jason Motte and Phil Meth. I know it's insane, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing E-Jax get a tryout in a leverage situation, as he can't be worse than the aforementioned. Actually, I guess he can.

But if you're looking for reasons why the enthusiasm should be tempered and the postseason we covet may be at least a year away, these slapdicks might be it. I know the Reds and Pirates have similar issues in that area. A lot of teams do at this point with starters going 5-6 innings a start and back ends of rotations still in flux. But this could be a real bad deal for us.

Also, anyone who had a problem with Pedro Strop at anytime during his tenure here now has this opportunity to apologize, directly to me. 

I'd be more worried if there weren't reinforcements coming eventually in Grimm and Ramirez, and you can always flip minor prospects for bullpen arms. It may be June before they have them both in there or get other help, but as long as they can stay above water till then I think they should still be poised for a run as the starters get stretched out, Lester settles in, and hopefully the offense stays hot.

Speaking of stretching out starters, did any of our beloved beat reporters get an answer from Maddon as to why he pulled Wood (so to speak)?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2015, 09:23:55 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 22, 2015, 09:21:15 AM

Speaking of stretching out starters, did any of our beloved beat reporters get an answer from Maddon as to why he pulled Wood (so to speak)?

(||)
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2015, 09:44:11 AM »

Yeah, bullpen help is pretty easy to find and the Cubs (obviously) have the prospect depth to go get it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2015, 09:45:10 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 22, 2015, 09:44:11 AM

Yeah, bullpen help is pretty easy to find and the Cubs (obviously) have the prospect depth to go get it.

Oh man I can't wait till we get to the "people who bitched about trading Snork and Co. for prospects now bitch about giving up prospects for veterans" part of the schedule.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2015, 10:10:42 AM »
We have our own shitty veteran pitching decently enough right now in Edwin Jackson. Make us believers, Edwin.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2015, 10:57:35 AM »
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2015, 11:29:38 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 22, 2015, 10:10:42 AM
We have our own shitty veteran pitching decently enough right now in Edwin Jackson. Make us believers, Edwin.

I actually like Edwin Jackson in this bridge inning role. So far, at least.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2015, 11:54:54 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 22, 2015, 11:29:38 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 22, 2015, 10:10:42 AM

I actually like Edwin Jackson in this bridge inning role since he's pitching good. So far, at least.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2015, 04:26:05 PM »
Down to Iowa, where he belongs! Junior Lake up.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2015, 04:35:04 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 27, 2015, 04:26:05 PM

FYHUEY!
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2015, 04:42:56 PM »
It says a lot about how the previous decades of Cub fandom lowered my expectations that I assumed Schlitter would be something we'd have to watch all season long no matter how terrible he pitched.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2015, 04:44:46 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 27, 2015, 04:35:04 PM

FYHUEY!

God damnit.

Seriously, why would they not call up MACK SEIZURE?  

I was really hoping to never again have to bear witness to Junior Fucking Lake in a Cubs uniform.  Fuckall.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2015, 04:47:33 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 27, 2015, 04:44:46 PM

FYHUEY!

God damnit.

I was really hoping to never again have to bear witness to Junior Fucking Lake in a Cubs uniform.  Fuckall.

I asked the same question on Twitter and was informed Seizure had to be down in Iowa for 10 days before he can be recalled. Not yet there.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2015, 04:52:38 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 27, 2015, 04:47:33 PM
Quote from: PANK! on April 27, 2015, 04:44:46 PM

FYHUEY!

God damnit.

I asked the same question on Twitter and was informed Seizure had to be down in Iowa for 10 days before he can be recalled. Not yet there.

I thought we discussed that here

Damn you, Oleg.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs