News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015 General MLB Thread  ( 6,712 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015 General MLB Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 10:13:31 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 02, 2015, 10:10:21 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 02, 2015, 09:59:19 AM
Quote from: Oleg on June 01, 2015, 05:13:30 PM
Kris Bryant's buddy getting the call.  This is going to be fun.

Seems kind of a weird move to call up a top prospect straight from AA as a two week injury replacement, especially when his Javy-like K Rate (33.6% this year, 33.9% in the minors overall) seems to indicate he won't exactly adapt quickly.

I think it's more like a two-week tryout. And it may serve as a wake up call if they feel Gallo has been resting on his laurels even a little bit.

I remember that not working for Patterson, that fuckhead.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 10:58:25 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 02, 2015, 10:13:31 AM

Seems kind of a weird move to call up a top prospect straight from AA as a two week injury replacement, especially when his Javy-like K Rate (33.6% this year, 33.9% in the minors overall) seems to indicate he won't exactly adapt quickly.

I think it's more like a two-week tryout. And it may serve as a wake up call if they feel Gallo has been resting on his laurels even a little bit.

I just don't see anyway a guy with Gallo's holes benefits from two weeks of getting clowned by MLB pitching before he gets sent back down. If he can cut down on the K's and improve his contact rates he's gonna be a really great player, but considering he hasn't even really managed to cut his AA K rate down I don't see how he's gonna do it on the fly in a brief stint in the majors.

I mean from a development perspective it doesn't make sense to me, and it doesn't from a competitive standpoint either. If Gallo struggles like Javy did for two weeks, are you really better off than if you'd just called up whatever AAAA scrub you have to take that spot for a few weeks?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 11:25:32 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 02, 2015, 10:58:25 AM

I just don't see anyway a guy with Gallo's holes benefits from two weeks of getting clowned by MLB pitching before he gets sent back down. If he can cut down on the K's and improve his contact rates he's gonna be a really great player, but considering he hasn't even really managed to cut his AA K rate down I don't see how he's gonna do it on the fly in a brief stint in the majors.

I mean from a development perspective it doesn't make sense to me, and it doesn't from a competitive standpoint either. If Gallo struggles like Javy did for two weeks, are you really better off than if you'd just called up whatever AAAA scrub you have to take that spot for a few weeks?

I don't know, SKO. It's a fucking stupid idea. Never before in the history of baseball has a player come up to the majors for a cup of coffee and gotten a taste of what it's like to face actual live pitching and benefited from the experience. Don't try to bring up some example where it happened it never did.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2015, 11:32:38 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 02, 2015, 11:25:32 AM

I don't know, SKO. It's a fucking stupid idea. Never before in the history of baseball has a player come up to the majors for a cup of coffee and gotten a taste of what it's like to face actual live pitching and benefited from the experience. Don't try to bring up some example where it happened it never did.

You okay, pal? We're all friends here, just having a friendly discussion about Joey Gallo. It's not like we're debating life and death issues, like what inning Carl Edwards Jr. should pitch.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2015, 11:34:28 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 02, 2015, 11:32:38 AM

You okay, pal? We're all friends here, just having a friendly discussion about Joey Gallo. It's not like we're debating life and death issues, like what inning Carl Edwards Jr. should pitch.

I'm good.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2015, 11:39:14 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 02, 2015, 11:32:38 AM

I like to see him pitch the 8th inning. Maybe the 9th. 

Something high leverage for sure. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 10:03:48 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 03, 2015, 10:00:28 AM
http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/06/02/joey-gallo-texas-rangers-mlb-debut-home-run

Twats.

Javy hit three homers in his first three games. Let's see how this plays out. Hell of a swing, though.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2015, 10:28:39 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 03, 2015, 10:03:48 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on June 03, 2015, 10:00:28 AM
http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/06/02/joey-gallo-texas-rangers-mlb-debut-home-run

Twats.

Javy hit three homers in his first three games. Let's see how this plays out. Hell of a swing, though.

Word on the street is Javy has made some adjustments to his approach after failing at the MLB level last season. Would he have done so if he was OPS'ing 1.250 at Iowa and had coasted through the Cactus League with his cock hanging out of his zipper? Nobody knows. Anthony Rizzo struggled in his first MLB callup also. I just don' think this is a bad idea at all...

and I have Gallo on my last-place fantasy team and I need help really, really bad.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 08:13:01 AM »
Looking past our own team's offensive struggles, which aggravating though they may be should eventually get better with health from guys like Jorge, more experience from the rookies, and Rizzo just not slumping forever because he won't--- who the fuck put together that Mets lineup? That's the saddest fucking thing I've seen this side of the White Sox. Mets fans have zero reason to hope that things will ever be any better than they are right now with that group.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 06:19:20 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 02, 2015, 08:13:01 AM
That's the saddest fucking thing I've seen this side of the White Sox. Mets fans have zero reason to hope that things will ever be any better than they are right now with that group.

Intrepid Reader: Ryne Sandberg

Forget about me, Cole Hamels, and the misfit band of washed up veterans and AA players I managed?
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 03:37:56 PM »
How the heck can Carter Capps get away with that delivery?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 07:14:09 AM »
Thanks a lot, Dodger bullpen. Was it really too much to ask that you assholes win one measly game in Pittsburgh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 08:10:51 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 10, 2015, 07:14:09 AM
Thanks a lot, Dodger bullpen. Was it really too much to ask that you assholes win one measly game in Pittsburgh?

Not for nothing, but I'm okay if Pittsburgh does the heavy lifting to pass the the St. Louis Flailing Regressions. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2015, 08:20:44 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 10, 2015, 08:10:51 AM
Quote from: SKO on August 10, 2015, 07:14:09 AM

Not for nothing, but I'm okay if Pittsburgh does the heavy lifting to pass the the St. Louis Flailing Regressions. 

A one-game playoff against the Cardinals would probably kill us all.