News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Mr. Robot  ( 1,602 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Mr. Robot
« on: June 27, 2015, 08:21:39 PM »
This was surprisingly ... good? Good might be too strong, but it was intriguing and kept me interested -- especially considering it airs on USA and has Christian Slater in a key role. It felt more like something you'd see on FX. Or a low-grade premium network like Starz or Cinemax.

It could very well end up being some sort of Fight Club knockoff, but it's one of the few "hacker" shows/films where the computer stuff wasn't a bunch of techno-jargon nonsense. Some of it is, but it's nice to see hackers using a command-line and social-engineering instead of some sort of 3D "flying through a computer, RAMming the firewall with my virus cookies to get the secret encrypted boot ethernet port" interface.

Rami Malek was believable, too. I couldn't remember where I'd seen him before, but he was Snafu in The Pacific.

Edit: Also, "fingerblasting" gets used.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Mr. Robot
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 12:19:22 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 27, 2015, 08:21:39 PM
This was surprisingly ... good? Good might be too strong, but it was intriguing and kept me interested -- especially considering it airs on USA and has Christian Slater in a key role. It felt more like something you'd see on FX. Or a low-grade premium network like Starz or Cinemax.

It could very well end up being some sort of Fight Club knockoff, but it's one of the few "hacker" shows/films where the computer stuff wasn't a bunch of techno-jargon nonsense. Some of it is, but it's nice to see hackers using a command-line and social-engineering instead of some sort of 3D "flying through a computer, RAMming the firewall with my virus cookies to get the secret encrypted boot ethernet port" interface.

Rami Malek was believable, too. I couldn't remember where I'd seen him before, but he was Snafu in The Pacific.

Edit: Also, "fingerblasting" gets used.

Season two was really good. Surprised by the language they get away with. They bleep "fuck," but let "cocksucker" (and lots of other shit) go.

Rami Malek is great. Ditto for Craig Robinson in a dramatic role (although it seems like his character might be done).