News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks' Salary Capocalypse/Russian Invasion Thread  ( 10,469 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks' Salary Capocalypse/Russian Invasion Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2015, 12:42:16 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on August 10, 2015, 07:29:26 PM
Quote from: Slaky on August 10, 2015, 09:34:03 AM
Quote from: flannj on August 09, 2015, 03:08:37 PM
Quote from: Slaky on August 09, 2015, 10:43:13 AM
Quote from: Yeti on August 09, 2015, 10:29:19 AM
Quote from: Yeti on August 07, 2015, 07:54:29 AM
This really sucks in so many ways. I don't really see any scenario where this turns out all good. Even if he didn't actually rape the girl, he's going to wear that for quite a while. And then all the other scenarios in between him being convicted of rape mean he probably raped her

Well, fuck

Yea, I'm gonna go ahead and say the fucker did it. Goddammit, Patrick

QuoteThe woman left Kane's home with her friend and used a cellphone to call a relative immediately after the alleged attack. She then went to a local hospital for examination, and police were called afterward, the sources said.

Literally everyone I talk to wants to talk about the Kane story and I really do not. But it's sick how quickly everyone jumps to "girls pretend to be raped all the time" like rape isn't a super common thing.

People are bad.

I've had a long history of being stupid with my fists but this really makes me want to punch someone.

It's awful.

That Rolling Stone UVa article is still really fresh in the minds of a lot of people. It certainly doesn't help with that view.

This shit just got a lot worse.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2015, 01:04:10 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on September 23, 2015, 12:42:16 PM
This really sucks in so many ways. I don't really see any scenario where this turns out all good. Even if he didn't actually rape the girl, he's going to wear that for quite a while. And then all the other scenarios in between him being convicted of rape mean he probably raped her

Well, fuck

QuoteThe woman left Kane's home with her friend and used a cellphone to call a relative immediately after the alleged attack. She then went to a local hospital for examination, and police were called afterward, the sources said.

Literally everyone I talk to wants to talk about the Kane story and I really do not. But it's sick how quickly everyone jumps to "girls pretend to be raped all the time" like rape isn't a super common thing.

People are bad.

I've had a long history of being stupid with my fists but this really makes me want to punch someone.

It's awful.

That Rolling Stone UVa article is still really fresh in the minds of a lot of people. It certainly doesn't help with that view.

I don't even know how to respond to that. What a fucking travesty.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2015, 01:40:04 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 23, 2015, 01:04:10 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on September 23, 2015, 12:42:16 PM

Well, fuck

People are bad.

It's awful.

I don't even know how to respond to that. What a fucking travesty.

I feel physically ill reading about this.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2015, 12:03:47 PM »
Duncan Keith out 4-6 weeks with knee surgery.

This is about the worst thing that could happen to the Blackhawks' roster short of an indictment.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2015, 01:24:22 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 20, 2015, 12:03:47 PM

This is about the worst thing that could happen to the Blackhawks' roster short of an indictment.

Any idea when this actually happened.  Didn't think Rage Against the Machine was playing in the Chicagoland area over the past week...
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2015, 01:48:27 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on October 20, 2015, 01:24:22 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 20, 2015, 12:03:47 PM

Any idea when this actually happened.  Didn't think Rage Against the Machine was playing in the Chicagoland area over the past week...

Maybe Kesler was right and no human could withstand all that hitting. It just took 5 months to take effect.
TIME TO POST!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2015, 08:26:51 AM »
Patrick Kane's accuser No longer cooperative.

I hope that St. Rockwell of Madison St. at least gave her some compensation for her life being a living hell in order for his $84 million investment to be protected.

By that I mean, of course he did, if only to make sure there's no civil case either. That could make Mike Ribiero's trial look like Romper Room.
TIME TO POST!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2015, 09:19:09 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 03, 2015, 08:26:51 AM

I hope that St. Rockwell of Madison St. at least gave her some compensation for her life being a living hell in order for his $84 million investment to be protected.

By that I mean, of course he did, if only to make sure there's no civil case either. That could make Mike Ribiero's trial look like Romper Room.

Ribiero never went to trial.  They were in settlement talks almost the entire time, and the victim filed a complaint in civil court when they started stall.  That's where the details on the case came from, and they were sickening. 

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2015, 09:20:54 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 03, 2015, 09:19:09 AM

Ribiero never went to trial.  They were in settlement talks almost the entire time, and the victim filed a complaint in civil court when they started stall.  That's where the details on the case came from, and they were sickening. 

Fork's whole tone sounds like Kane has an underage sex dungeon in his basement.  To compare him to Ribiero--who is an unspeakably awful human being-- seems to indicate as much.

Care to elaborate, hoss?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2015, 10:40:48 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 03, 2015, 09:20:54 AM

Fork's whole tone sounds like Kane has an underage sex dungeon in his basement.  To compare him to Ribiero--who is an unspeakably awful human being-- seems to indicate as much.

Care to elaborate, hoss?

Kane's love of drink and yayo aren't exactly secrets - neither is the fact that the Hawks' cleaner has his hands full with the boy. But where here in Chicago, problems can solved more quickly (i.e. telling Toews to just walk away from his wrecked car on Lake St. to avoid blowing, or the year they had to handle Kane's "babysitter" [his dad] as much as they had to handle Kane), it's no accident that all Kane's documented runins with law enforcement (or unfortunate limo rides) have happened outside the Greater Chicagoland Area.

So basically this isn't exactly the Hawks' first rodeo with Kane. I expect some of the fallout from this to be that he sells his place in Buffalo and lives in Chicago year-round from here on out.
TIME TO POST!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2015, 11:13:13 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 03, 2015, 10:40:48 AM

Ribiero never went to trial.  They were in settlement talks almost the entire time, and the victim filed a complaint in civil court when they started stall.  That's where the details on the case came from, and they were sickening.  

Fork's whole tone sounds like Kane has an underage sex dungeon in his basement.  To compare him to Ribiero--who is an unspeakably awful human being-- seems to indicate as much.

Care to elaborate, hoss?

Kane's love of drink and yayo aren't exactly secrets - neither is the fact that the Hawks' cleaner has his hands full with the boy. But where here in Chicago, problems can solved more quickly (i.e. telling Toews to just walk away from his wrecked car on Lake St. to avoid blowing, or the year they had to handle Kane's "babysitter" [his dad] as much as they had to handle Kane), it's no accident that all Kane's documented runins with law enforcement (or unfortunate limo rides) have happened outside the Greater Chicagoland Area.

So basically this isn't exactly the Hawks' first rodeo with Kane. I expect some of the fallout from this to be that he sells his place in Buffalo and lives in Chicago year-round from here on out.

Okay yes, and that's gone on for ages (you can ask old HJE ShoutBoxer Section 242 about Keith Magnuson's first phone call after getting popped for DUI...and other shenanigans from Magnuson's case)  but nothing that you have revealed here discusses how Patrick Kane's actions are on par with known predator Ribeiro.  It just seems like your mind is made up that he's a  scumbag (which we all agree he might be) and so you might as well double down and throw some shit on the wall that his transgressions are worse than Ribeiro's.  Also, Wirtz somehow managed to muddle the Buffalo case because big liquor cabal money.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2015, 11:47:06 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 03, 2015, 11:13:13 AM

Ribiero never went to trial.  They were in settlement talks almost the entire time, and the victim filed a complaint in civil court when they started stall.  That's where the details on the case came from, and they were sickening.  

Fork's whole tone sounds like Kane has an underage sex dungeon in his basement.  To compare him to Ribiero--who is an unspeakably awful human being-- seems to indicate as much.

Care to elaborate, hoss?

Okay yes, and that's gone on for ages (you can ask old HJE ShoutBoxer Section 242 about Keith Magnuson's first phone call after getting popped for DUI...and other shenanigans from Magnuson's case)  but nothing that you have revealed here discusses how Patrick Kane's actions are on par with known predator Ribeiro.  It just seems like your mind is made up that he's a  scumbag (which we all agree he might be) and so you might as well double down and throw some shit on the wall that his transgressions are worse than Ribeiro's.  Also, Wirtz somehow managed to muddle the Buffalo case because big liquor cabal money.

So you think Kane might not be a scumbag? Which is there more evidence of? His good deeds or his vices?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2015, 12:12:12 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 03, 2015, 11:47:06 AM

Care to elaborate, hoss?

So you think Kane might not be a scumbag? Which is there more evidence of? His good deeds or his vices?

"good deeds"?

First of all it's not a ledger card.

Secondly I can't determine if he's just a run-of-the-mill typically entitled pro athlete scumbag or a Mike Ribeiro raping menace scumbag.  This Buffalo case really didn't really answer it for me, sorry, and I refuse to get sucked into a decisive take based on it in spite of what everyone righteously screaming from both sides insists. But hey--if you want to make up your mind and hate yourself and hate the Blackhawks and hate the NHL and hate hockey on account of it, knock yourself out.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2015, 12:44:13 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 03, 2015, 12:12:12 PM
Quote from: Slaky on November 03, 2015, 11:47:06 AM

Care to elaborate, hoss?

"good deeds"?

First of all it's not a ledger card.

Secondly I can't determine if he's just a run-of-the-mill typically entitled pro athlete scumbag or a Mike Ribeiro raping menace scumbag.  This Buffalo case really didn't really answer it for me, sorry, and I refuse to get sucked into a decisive take based on it in spite of what everyone righteously screaming from both sides insists. But hey--if you want to make up your mind and hate yourself and hate the Blackhawks and hate the NHL and hate hockey on account of it, knock yourself out.

I'd be a lot happier of Kane were nothing but a bad drinker, but that's not the case.

I'd also be a lot happier if I didn't know from Jump Street that money would just make it all go away. Sports are supposed to be a fun diversion from the shittiness of the world, not augmentation of it.
TIME TO POST!