News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks' Salary Capocalypse/Russian Invasion Thread  ( 10,470 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks' Salary Capocalypse/Russian Invasion Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2016, 12:42:25 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2016, 10:50:23 AM
Quote from: CT III on April 26, 2016, 10:46:01 AM
Quote from: Oleg on April 26, 2016, 10:08:19 AM
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2016, 08:18:59 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on February 27, 2016, 08:32:29 AM
DPD.

Andrew Ladd, Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann, come on down!

The Hawks now have one helluva group of forwards. If they can either somehow snag a DMan or magically find 2011 Ehrhoff hiding inside the 2016 one, mark it 4 in 7.

Thanks fork.

I had completely forgoten about Ehrhoff until this very second.

Well, the good news is, we've still got one more year of Rundblad!

The piece of shit Canadian dollar and some extremely bad paper in Bickell, and carried over cap hits from Scuderi (and any other bums I might be forgetting) really hurts how this team is going to look next year.

Shaw can't possibly fit in. If you bitch about Panarin's bonus you're a fucking moron. He earned it by having a great year - can't really be mad about that.

I have no fucking idea how they fix anything that was broken other than rest for the guys who haven't had any in years.

On the bright side, there is certainly evidence that TVR and Gustafsson can both improve. That will go a long way toward stabilizing the blueline.

Stan might be able to move Bickell's contract (plus a prospect) to a shitty team looking to make floor.

I'm hoping they can hang onto Panik, he can skate well enough to play on Toews' left, and maybe he can be the Tampa Bay version of Panik.

And I'm perfectly fine with them launching Shaw, Hartman can do everything he can do better and cheaper.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2016, 02:41:03 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 26, 2016, 12:42:25 PM
DPD.

The Hawks now have one helluva group of forwards. If they can either somehow snag a DMan or magically find 2011 Ehrhoff hiding inside the 2016 one, mark it 4 in 7.

Thanks fork.

The piece of shit Canadian dollar and some extremely bad paper in Bickell, and carried over cap hits from Scuderi (and any other bums I might be forgetting) really hurts how this team is going to look next year.

Shaw can't possibly fit in. If you bitch about Panarin's bonus you're a fucking moron. He earned it by having a great year - can't really be mad about that.

I have no fucking idea how they fix anything that was broken other than rest for the guys who haven't had any in years.

On the bright side, there is certainly evidence that TVR and Gustafsson can both improve. That will go a long way toward stabilizing the blueline.

Stan might be able to move Bickell's contract (plus a prospect) to a shitty team looking to make floor.

I'm hoping they can hang onto Panik, he can skate well enough to play on Toews' left, and maybe he can be the Tampa Bay version of Panik.

And I'm perfectly fine with them launching Shaw, Hartman can do everything he can do better and cheaper.

Counterpoint: TVR, Gustafsson, and Hartman all suck. Also, it's highly possible we all underrate Shaw. I don't think any IceHog can do what he does. They just can't afford to keep him around so we've been lying to ourselves for a couple years now. Panik's an easy keep because he won't cost much but let's be real - he's not a first liner on a championship team and never will be.

I'm not tolerating bullshit.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2016, 08:36:06 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2016, 02:41:03 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 26, 2016, 12:42:25 PM
DPD.

Thanks fork.

Counterpoint: TVR, Gustafsson, and Hartman all suck. Also, it's highly possible we all underrate Shaw. I don't think any IceHog can do what he does. They just can't afford to keep him around so we've been lying to ourselves for a couple years now. Panik's an easy keep because he won't cost much but let's be real - he's not a first liner on a championship team and never will be.

I'm not tolerating bullshit.

Countercounterpoint: TVR can be very good and very bad, often on successive shifts. Hopefully the Hawks can nab a Cup-chasing veteran D on the cheap (Campbell?) so TVR and Gus can be the bottom pair, which is where they belong. Panik is no Brandon Saad, but if the Hawks could afford one of those, they would have kept the one they had.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2016, 09:11:08 AM »
Countercounterpoint:  I don't know how they're going to do it but this team will win 2 more Cups in the next 3 years. #5in10
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs