News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 62,143 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2016, 04:52:55 PM »
I think there's a secret plan at GOP headquarters to rob trump of the nomination if it gets to Cleveland with him in the lead. The ensuing shitstorm would undoubtedly cost the GOP the election. But the approval ratings for HRC figure to be in the low teens from the outset and she'll be a sitting duck in 2020. They'll punt four years and just stay in the same obstructionist contrarian mode that has marked their last eight years. They're comfortable in that role and they'll save a portion of their dignity after having stopped Trump.

Insanity should ensue.   
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2016, 05:03:58 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 21, 2016, 04:52:55 PM
I think there's a secret plan at GOP headquarters to rob trump of the nomination if it gets to Cleveland with him in the lead. The ensuing shitstorm would undoubtedly cost the GOP the election. But the approval ratings for HRC figure to be in the low teens from the outset and she'll be a sitting duck in 2020. They'll punt four years and just stay in the same obstructionist contrarian mode that has marked their last eight years. They're comfortable in that role and they'll save a portion of their dignity after having stopped Trump.

Insanity should ensue.   

There's greater than a zero chance that the Dems can take back both houses.  Especially if the HRC machine gets out the vote and the GOPers stay home.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2016, 05:11:38 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 21, 2016, 05:03:58 PM

Insanity should ensue.   

There's greater than a zero chance that the Dems can take back both houses.  Especially if the HRC machine gets out the vote and the GOPers stay home.

Could be but the mid-terms would be their usual rabid cunt with pointy teeth.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2016, 05:15:02 PM »

Insanity should ensue.   

Elbridge Gerry personally designed the Congressional Districts in over half the States.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2016, 05:37:36 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 21, 2016, 05:15:02 PM

Insanity should ensue.   

There's greater than a zero chance that the Dems can take back both houses. Especially if the HRC machine gets out the vote and the GOPers stay home.
Elbridge Gerry personally designed the Congressional Districts in over half the States.

He also personally invented the "B-Boy Stance" popularized by the early pioneers of hip hop culture.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2016, 05:45:07 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 21, 2016, 05:37:36 PM

Insanity should ensue.   

There's greater than a zero chance that the Dems can take back both houses. Especially if the HRC machine gets out the vote and the GOPers stay home.

He also personally invented the "B-Boy Stance" popularized by the early pioneers of hip hop culture.

Rhyming "Gerry" is easy, but "Elbridge" presents a challenge.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2016, 06:05:10 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 21, 2016, 05:45:07 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on January 21, 2016, 05:37:36 PM

Insanity should ensue.  

There's greater than a zero chance that the Dems can take back both houses. Especially if the HRC machine gets out the vote and the GOPers stay home.

Rhyming "Gerry" is easy, but "Elbridge" presents a challenge.

Fortunately for he and his cohorts, he went by the moniker "El-Boogie" whilst manifesting the five elements.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2016, 06:34:49 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 21, 2016, 04:18:31 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 21, 2016, 03:44:03 PM
Living in America's hat, a lot of people here are baffled/concerned about Trump. I've explained to them that he has a following similar to the number of people who believe the moon landing was a hoax. The media continues to soak him up like spilled jizz, and I find myself feeling angry toward the people who get sucked in by it and take his candidacy seriously. For that matter, the whole "is Cruz eligible" nonsense is also outrageous. I guess the media feels that anything is better than focusing on the actual issues.

As dismissive as I've been of his candidacy, there's a real chance he'll be the GOP nominee.  If that happens, he's really one major scandal away from winning the general election.  I think HRC is a well-oiled machine at this point and the chances of something serious coming out and ruining her chances are pretty slim but still...

I'm just interested in seeing how Morph and TJ justify voting for that cretin.

You mean in the next few minutes? Yeah, probably. But by November? Bears winning the Super Bowl are even money with no Hillary scandals.

How someone can be that tone deaf despite (supposedly) sleeping in the same bed as the greatest retail politician since FDR is really something.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2016, 01:16:38 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 21, 2016, 06:34:49 PM
Living in America's hat, a lot of people here are baffled/concerned about Trump. I've explained to them that he has a following similar to the number of people who believe the moon landing was a hoax. The media continues to soak him up like spilled jizz, and I find myself feeling angry toward the people who get sucked in by it and take his candidacy seriously. For that matter, the whole "is Cruz eligible" nonsense is also outrageous. I guess the media feels that anything is better than focusing on the actual issues.

As dismissive as I've been of his candidacy, there's a real chance he'll be the GOP nominee.  If that happens, he's really one major scandal away from winning the general election.  I think HRC is a well-oiled machine at this point and the chances of something serious coming out and ruining her chances are pretty slim but still...

You mean in the next few minutes? Yeah, probably. But by November? Bears winning the Super Bowl are even money with no Hillary scandals.

How someone can be that tone deaf despite (supposedly) sleeping in the same bed as the greatest retail politician since FDR is really something.

Yeah, but what scandal can possibly stick at this point? I'm not enthralled at the prospect of having to give the keys to the Executive Branch to Hillary, but the electorate is numb to anti-Hillary muckraking.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2016, 01:51:23 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 25, 2016, 01:16:38 AM

Yeah, but what scandal can possibly stick at this point? I'm not enthralled at the prospect of having to give the keys to the Executive Branch to Hillary, but the electorate is numb to anti-Hillary muckraking.

Yeah, in a stunning development, Chuck is wrong.  If they ain't drug it up yet, it ain't there to drag.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2016, 09:32:44 AM »

That's mostly because most people already have an opinion of her. Put me in the 53.3% who don't like her.  All that would be needed to sink her would be some sort of revelation about where she's made her money the past few years.  That's pretty much an unvetted area, at least publicly.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2016, 09:57:26 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 25, 2016, 09:32:44 AM

As dismissive as I've been of his candidacy, there's a real chance he'll be the GOP nominee.  If that happens, he's really one major scandal away from winning the general election.  I think HRC is a well-oiled machine at this point and the chances of something serious coming out and ruining her chances are pretty slim but still...

That's mostly because most people already have an opinion of her. Put me in the 53.3% who don't like her.  All that would be needed to sink her would be some sort of revelation about where she's made her money the past few years.  That's pretty much an unvetted area, at least publicly.

I don't understand how a single financial scandal could be that damaging to Hillary in a general election against Trump. I am pretty sure (god I hope) there are more Americans who are "anyone but Trump" than "anyone but Hillary".
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2016, 10:42:34 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 25, 2016, 09:57:26 AM

As dismissive as I've been of his candidacy, there's a real chance he'll be the GOP nominee.  If that happens, he's really one major scandal away from winning the general election.  I think HRC is a well-oiled machine at this point and the chances of something serious coming out and ruining her chances are pretty slim but still...

That's mostly because most people already have an opinion of her. Put me in the 53.3% who don't like her.  All that would be needed to sink her would be some sort of revelation about where she's made her money the past few years.  That's pretty much an unvetted area, at least publicly.

I don't understand how a single financial scandal could be that damaging to Hillary in a general election against Trump. I am pretty sure (god I hope) there are more Americans who are "anyone but Trump" than "anyone but Hillary".

I'm pretty sure the Trump-Hillary matchup is as likely this November as a Brewers-A's World Series.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2016, 10:49:10 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 25, 2016, 10:42:34 AM

I'm pretty sure the Trump-Hillary matchup is as likely this November as a Brewers-A's World Series.

I hope you're right. I try to remind myself often that Santorum and Huckabee won the last two Iowa Caucuses.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2016, 10:54:21 AM »

That's mostly because most people already have an opinion of her. Put me in the 53.3% who don't like her.  All that would be needed to sink her would be some sort of revelation about where she's made her money the past few years.  That's pretty much an unvetted area, at least publicly.

I don't understand how a single financial scandale could be that damaging to Hillary in a general election against Trump. I am pretty sure (god I hope) there are more Americans who are "anyone but Trump" than "anyone but Hillary".

Against Trump? Probably not.  But against Rubio, or even Kasich (who is a relative grown up in that field), anything could tip the scales against her.