News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 62,141 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #420 on: March 14, 2016, 08:36:45 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 14, 2016, 08:35:52 AM
Quote from: Eli on March 14, 2016, 08:27:57 AM
Quote from: Slaky on March 14, 2016, 08:20:28 AM
So what's in store this week?

Probably the first person dying at a Trump rally. Tonight in Tampa, maybe?

And people refusing to understand what the hell the first amendment actually says, or that it also applies to protestors.

Talking about Ditka?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: March 14, 2016, 08:48:20 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on March 14, 2016, 08:36:45 AM

And people refusing to understand what the hell the first amendment actually says, or that it also applies to protestors.

Talking about Ditka?

Ditka and any other person I've seen saying that it's somehow the death of free expression that a bunch of protestors managed to shout Trump down from the bully pulpit, despite the fact that the police and the university both said Trump was assured they had adequate security for the event and he cancelled anyway, undoubtedly to garner sympathy from people who default to taking the opposite side of protestors on just about any issue.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: March 14, 2016, 08:54:54 AM »
Also this is unbelievably despicable even for Breitbart: http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/michelle-fields-ben-shapiro-resign-from-breitbart#.khKnE2Dmm

Trump's campaign manager physically assaults their own reporter and they decide to question her story so as not to "help Hillary win the general election".
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: March 14, 2016, 09:04:05 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 14, 2016, 08:48:20 AM

Talking about Ditka?

Ditka and any other person I've seen saying that it's somehow the death of free expression that a bunch of protestors managed to shout Trump down from the bully pulpit, despite the fact that the police and the university both said Trump was assured they had adequate security for the event and he cancelled anyway, undoubtedly to garner sympathy from people who default to taking the opposite side of protestors on just about any issue.

It was more about the brouhaha last week where CBS demoted Ditka made critical remarks about Obama. Whenever people invoke the First Amendment when people state their opnions (that they usually agree with) and there are workplace ramifications, I invite them to go call their boss an asshole. Let's see how James Madison saves them.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: March 14, 2016, 09:36:47 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on March 14, 2016, 09:04:05 AM

Talking about Ditka?

It was more about the brouhaha last week where CBS demoted Ditka made critical remarks about Obama. Whenever people invoke the First Amendment when people state their opnions (that they usually agree with) and there are workplace ramifications, I invite them to go call their boss an asshole. Let's see how James Madison saves them.

Yeah I don't see why it's so hard to grasp that unless a government entity has arrested you or fined you or explicitly said "you can't say that", no one's first amendment rights have been violated. If a private citizen got shouted down by other private citizens, the constitution need not apply here.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: March 14, 2016, 10:05:56 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 14, 2016, 09:36:47 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on March 14, 2016, 09:04:05 AM

Talking about Ditka?

Yeah I don't see why it's so hard to grasp that unless a government entity has arrested you or fined you or explicitly said "you can't say that", no one's first amendment rights have been violated. If a private citizen got shouted down by other private citizens, the constitution need not apply here.

I would have preferred that Trump's rally take place, because it would have been the first one of his to feature dissent of more than a couple isolated people. And I also think it's important that people see and feel it in all its hot anger.

That being said, at least Trump is evil exposed. Cruz believes all the same stuff, but he hides behind his Bible.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: March 14, 2016, 01:48:45 PM »
I'm not sure this Trump thing is going to go much farther. Just a gut feeling. He's not interested in toning things down so it's not going to stop being ugly wherever he goes. And he's making the other candidates think hard about backing him if he wins enough delegates.

Do we think he's going to beat Kasich in Ohio?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: March 14, 2016, 01:53:23 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 14, 2016, 01:48:45 PM
I'm not sure this Trump thing is going to go much farther. Just a gut feeling. He's not interested in toning things down so it's not going to stop being ugly wherever he goes. And he's making the other candidates think hard about backing him if he wins enough delegates.

I don't know if they can stop him from getting the nomination but it's so hard to see him winning a general election. Polls have Hillary Clinton beating him handily in the GE and nobody likes her. I kinda look forward to him winning the nomination, getting trounced with 39% of the popular vote in November, and the Republican Party having to break up and reform into something separate from the tea party nutjobs.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: March 14, 2016, 02:28:55 PM »

No, but he's going to win Florida and 99 delegates there winner-take-all.  He's going to get delegates in all the other states, but for Ohio.

I can in-no-fucking-way ever vote for Trump.  I could be convinced to vote for Kasich, especially if the Senate confirms a replacement for Scalia this year.

I really, really, REALLY hate Hillary.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: March 14, 2016, 02:33:18 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 14, 2016, 02:28:55 PM

No, but he's going to win Florida and 99 delegates there winner-take-all.  He's going to get delegates in all the other states, but for Ohio.

I can in-no-fucking-way ever vote for Trump.  I could be convinced to vote for Kasich, especially if the Senate confirms a replacement for Scalia this year.

What's awesome is that a vote for Kasich pretty much means you hate all women, not just Hillary.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: March 14, 2016, 02:42:01 PM »

What can the GOP do if Trump gets a majority of delegates?  Whatever it is, Trump must be pushing them awfully, awfully close to doing it.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: March 14, 2016, 02:43:12 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 14, 2016, 02:42:01 PM

What can the GOP do if Trump gets a majority of delegates?  Whatever it is, Trump must be pushing them awfully, awfully close to doing it.

A majority means he's the nominee.
A plurality means a brokered convention and some mighty fine entertainment for a week.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: March 14, 2016, 02:47:59 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on March 14, 2016, 02:43:12 PM

A plurality means a brokered convention and some mighty fine entertainment for a week.

Except that there will most certainly be something less than funny that occurs as a result of such an event.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: March 14, 2016, 02:49:11 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 14, 2016, 02:47:59 PM
Quote from: Oleg on March 14, 2016, 02:43:12 PM

Except that there will most certainly be something less than funny that occurs as a result of such an event.

Someone from the Trump campaign said they'd "burn down Cleveland" if they actually stole the nomination from him at a brokered convention and frankly I'm not sure that's hyperbole.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: March 14, 2016, 02:50:12 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on March 14, 2016, 02:33:18 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 14, 2016, 02:28:55 PM

What's awesome is that a vote for Kasich pretty much means you hate all women, not just Hillary.

It's really too bad Kasich is all about making sure women have no chance to manage their own bodies because he's by far the least of the evils on that side. He would definitely get crushed in a GE.

Chuck's right on one thing: Hillary just sucks. Every townhall and debate just proves that she's not very good at this.

Not to mention, she's probably going to try and turn the middle east into a parking lot if she wins the election. So...great.

Of course, since I don't like Hillary's policies, ideas, history of flip flopping and greed I am a misogynist.