News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 62,138 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #435 on: March 14, 2016, 02:51:57 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 14, 2016, 02:50:12 PM
Quote from: Oleg on March 14, 2016, 02:33:18 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 14, 2016, 02:28:55 PM
Quote from: Slaky on March 14, 2016, 01:48:45 PM
I'm not sure this Trump thing is going to go much farther. Just a gut feeling. He's not interested in toning things down so it's not going to stop being ugly wherever he goes. And he's making the other candidates think hard about backing him if he wins enough delegates.

Do we think he's going to beat Kasich in Ohio?

No, but he's going to win Florida and 99 delegates there winner-take-all.  He's going to get delegates in all the other states, but for Ohio.

I can in-no-fucking-way ever vote for Trump.  I could be convinced to vote for Kasich, especially if the Senate confirms a replacement for Scalia this year.

I really, really, REALLY hate Hillary.

What's awesome is that a vote for Kasich pretty much means you hate all women, not just Hillary.

It's really too bad Kasich is all about making sure women have no chance to manage their own bodies because he's by far the least of the evils on that side. He would definitely get crushed in a GE.

Chuck's right on one thing: Hillary just sucks. Every townhall and debate just proves that she's not very good at this.

Not to mention, she's probably going to try and turn the middle east into a parking lot if she wins the election. So...great.

Of course, since I don't like Hillary's policies, ideas, history of flip flopping and greed I am a misogynist.

Yeah but other than Bernie she's the only candidate left that'll even leave enough left to build a parking lot there. Hell Kasich spent one of the GOP debates making it explicitly clear he'd bomb North Korea AND Iran AND Syria if you just give him a shot.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #436 on: March 14, 2016, 03:02:44 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 14, 2016, 02:51:57 PM
I'm not sure this Trump thing is going to go much farther. Just a gut feeling. He's not interested in toning things down so it's not going to stop being ugly wherever he goes. And he's making the other candidates think hard about backing him if he wins enough delegates.

No, but he's going to win Florida and 99 delegates there winner-take-all.  He's going to get delegates in all the other states, but for Ohio.

I can in-no-fucking-way ever vote for Trump.  I could be convinced to vote for Kasich, especially if the Senate confirms a replacement for Scalia this year.

What's awesome is that a vote for Kasich pretty much means you hate all women, not just Hillary.

It's really too bad Kasich is all about making sure women have no chance to manage their own bodies because he's by far the least of the evils on that side. He would definitely get crushed in a GE.

Chuck's right on one thing: Hillary just sucks. Every townhall and debate just proves that she's not very good at this.

Not to mention, she's probably going to try and turn the middle east into a parking lot if she wins the election. So...great.

Of course, since I don't like Hillary's policies, ideas, history of flip flopping and greed I am a misogynist.

Yeah but other than Bernie she's the only candidate left that'll even leave enough left to build a parking lot there. Hell Kasich spent one of the GOP debates making it explicitly clear he'd bomb North Korea AND Iran AND Syria if you just give him a shot.

You're right. He did.

Ho boy.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #437 on: March 14, 2016, 03:07:41 PM »

No, but he's going to win Florida and 99 delegates there winner-take-all.  He's going to get delegates in all the other states, but for Ohio.

I can in-no-fucking-way ever vote for Trump.  I could be convinced to vote for Kasich, especially if the Senate confirms a replacement for Scalia this year.

Such is the slippery slope of #feministtwitter
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #438 on: March 14, 2016, 03:09:37 PM »
I'm trying to think of a good metaphor for the current state of the Republican party.

Forgoing metaphor, they are basically all trying to pander to the crazy elements of their party because they don't believe they can attract the interest of moderates. They only know that they have to get the crazies in order to have enough votes to win, and they can't conceive of any other path to victory.

Realistically, there are a lot of conservatives out there who feel cornered into voting Democratic. Particularly the staunchly religious minorities out there, who either vote left or stay home. Imagine if the Republicans actually took measures to attract the vote of conservative Latino Americans? It would cost them their white base, but it's probably their only path toward survival.
M'lady.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #439 on: March 14, 2016, 04:03:29 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on March 14, 2016, 03:09:37 PM
I'm trying to think of a good metaphor for the current state of the Republican party.

Forgoing metaphor, they are basically all trying to pander to the crazy elements of their party because they don't believe they can attract the interest of moderates. They only know that they have to get the crazies in order to have enough votes to win, and they can't conceive of any other path to victory.

Realistically, there are a lot of conservatives out there who feel cornered into voting Democratic. Particularly the staunchly religious minorities out there, who either vote left or stay home. Imagine if the Republicans actually took measures to attract the vote of conservative Latino Americans? It would cost them their white base, but it's probably their only path toward survival.
They make Nixon look kind of good, don't they?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #440 on: March 14, 2016, 04:10:01 PM »

This was one thing GWB actually was doing correctly. Now even that is in the toilet.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #441 on: March 14, 2016, 04:28:17 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 14, 2016, 03:07:41 PM

No, but he's going to win Florida and 99 delegates there winner-take-all.  He's going to get delegates in all the other states, but for Ohio.

I can in-no-fucking-way ever vote for Trump.  I could be convinced to vote for Kasich, especially if the Senate confirms a replacement for Scalia this year.

I feel like this is a discussion waiting to happen in the "I Admit It" thread.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #442 on: March 14, 2016, 04:34:08 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 14, 2016, 04:28:17 PM

CT already dropped the bomb that he's a registered Republican in that thread.  I need to let that one breathe (and cope with my own disillusionment at the same time).
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #443 on: March 14, 2016, 04:55:51 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 14, 2016, 04:34:08 PM
Quote from: Eli on March 14, 2016, 04:28:17 PM

CT already dropped the bomb that he's a registered Republican in that thread.  I need to let that one breathe (and cope with my own disillusionment at the same time).

He lives in Wheaton. They probably hand out Republican Party memberships to everyone who stays there more than 48 hours.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #444 on: March 14, 2016, 05:14:01 PM »
So if Kasich and Rubio each biff on their home states, do they drop out?

Or does the GOP establishment make them stay in, in hopes their meager delegate counts prevent Trump from getting a majority?

And how awesome would it be to see these two be forced to carry something to term against their will?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #445 on: March 14, 2016, 06:47:48 PM »
they are basically all trying to pander to the crazy elements of their party because they don't believe they can attract the interest of moderates.

No. They are trying to reach out to the majority of people who vote Goop in the primary. Very few moderates in that group of voters.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #446 on: March 14, 2016, 10:44:55 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on March 14, 2016, 05:14:01 PM

Or does the GOP establishment make them stay in, in hopes their meager delegate counts prevent Trump from getting a majority?

And how awesome would it be to see these two be forced to carry something to term against their will?

This is a disaster. All of it. How did we end up here.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #447 on: March 15, 2016, 01:20:12 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 14, 2016, 10:44:55 PM

I think tomorrow is the last day of the pathetic Rubio campaign.

Kasich lives to fight another day.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #448 on: March 15, 2016, 07:22:34 AM »

It's strange when one party steadfastly refuses to govern, that they can't produce anybody capable of governing.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #449 on: March 15, 2016, 08:18:49 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 15, 2016, 01:20:12 AM

I think tomorrow is the last day of the pathetic Rubio campaign.

Kasich lives to fight another day.

Despite disagreeing with almost everything Rubio believes in, I've started to feel sorry for him.