News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 62,287 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #555 on: June 08, 2016, 10:47:31 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 08, 2016, 09:47:53 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 08, 2016, 09:44:12 AM
The next five months are going to be insufferable.
I don't agree.  I am suffering already.

I'm moving to New Zealand.
They accept the Irish there, right?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #556 on: June 08, 2016, 11:29:05 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 08, 2016, 10:25:07 AM

There's an awful lot in common between these two, including the fact that whoever gets in is going to get us bombing a whole fuckload of places, and probably put boots on the ground.

Hopefully Hillary picks a person of color as her running mate, and Trump picks someone even more batshit than he is, so at least we can fantasize this is all just some cocaine-fueled 1980s WWF storyline as the whole fucking country burns around us.

I love how, of all people, Hillary Clinton is seen as a war monger. Rewind 20 years, does anybody think that any Democrat would get that label?
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #557 on: June 08, 2016, 11:33:12 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 08, 2016, 11:29:05 AM

There's an awful lot in common between these two, including the fact that whoever gets in is going to get us bombing a whole fuckload of places, and probably put boots on the ground.

Hopefully Hillary picks a person of color as her running mate, and Trump picks someone even more batshit than he is, so at least we can fantasize this is all just some cocaine-fueled 1980s WWF storyline as the whole fucking country burns around us.

I love how, of all people, Hillary Clinton is seen as a war monger. Rewind 20 years, does anybody think that any Democrat would get that label?

I'm not sure what you're saying here, that saying Hillary is a hawk is inaccurate (it's not)? Or that it's weird to think of Democrats as pro-war (it's not)?

Or are you just saying it's weird that Hillary seems to be taking more crap for being a war monger than Obama and or basically any politicians but W in the last 20 years? Which I guess is a fair point. Obama certainly gets far too much of a pass.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #558 on: June 08, 2016, 11:42:31 AM »

Johnson?
Kennedy?
Roosevelt?
All of them?

American imperialism knows no political party affiliation.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #559 on: June 08, 2016, 11:45:51 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 08, 2016, 11:42:31 AM

Johnson?
Kennedy?
Roosevelt?
All of them?

Heck, a Democrat was president during the War of 1812, a Democrat started the Mexican War as a brazen land grab, Democrats were president for both World Wars, the start of Korea, most of Vietnam, Bill Clinton bombed Iraq whenever his poll numbers dipped. Republicans didn't really get the chance to earn their war monger reputation until this century, but they made up for lost time.

To say nothing of Kennedy trying to overthrow Castro and Obama/Hillary accelerating drone strikes against every one.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #560 on: June 08, 2016, 12:01:39 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 08, 2016, 11:45:51 AM

Johnson?
Kennedy?
Roosevelt?
All of them?

Heck, a Democrat was president during the War of 1812, a Democrat started the Mexican War as a brazen land grab, Democrats were president for both World Wars, the start of Korea, most of Vietnam, Bill Clinton bombed Iraq whenever his poll numbers dipped. Republicans didn't really get the chance to earn their war monger reputation until this century, but they made up for lost time.

To say nothing of Kennedy trying to overthrow Castro and Obama/Hillary accelerating drone strikes against every one.

Maybe Jimmy Carter gets a pass?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #561 on: June 08, 2016, 12:05:29 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 08, 2016, 12:01:39 PM

Johnson?
Kennedy?
Roosevelt?
All of them?

But we're supposed to condemn him as a wimp for not invading Iran and KICKIN THE AYATOLLAH'S ASS for takin those hostages.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #562 on: June 08, 2016, 12:36:05 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 08, 2016, 12:05:29 PM

Johnson?
Kennedy?
Roosevelt?
All of them?

But we're supposed to condemn him as a wimp for not invading Iran and KICKIN THE AYATOLLAH'S ASS for takin those hostages.

He was a malfunctioning helicopter away from being President Kickass.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #563 on: June 08, 2016, 12:59:39 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 08, 2016, 11:33:12 AM

I'm not sure what you're saying here, that saying Hillary is a hawk is inaccurate (it's not)? Or that it's weird to think of Democrats as pro-war (it's not)?

Or are you just saying it's weird that Hillary seems to be taking more crap for being a war monger than Obama and or basically any politicians but W in the last 20 years? Which I guess is a fair point. Obama certainly gets far too much of a pass.

I was going for whichever of those three points that seemed most reasonable.
M'lady.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #564 on: June 08, 2016, 02:37:59 PM »

Yeah. 20 years? Nah.

You have to go back 50 years to LBJ.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #565 on: June 08, 2016, 02:51:08 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 08, 2016, 12:05:29 PM

Johnson?
Kennedy?
Roosevelt?
All of them?

He fended off a deranged rabbit, so those should have been a cakewalk!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #566 on: June 08, 2016, 03:27:07 PM »

Johnson?
Kennedy?
Roosevelt?
All of them?

You are forgetting Jefferson Davis. Although he was President of the Confederacy at the start of the Civil War, he was a Democrat at the time of the secession and was serving as the Senator from Mississippi.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #567 on: June 08, 2016, 11:58:26 PM »
It's almost as if pretty much every American president has sent the military somewhere to kill someone.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #568 on: June 24, 2016, 08:31:58 AM »
Jesus Fucking Christ, England.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #569 on: June 24, 2016, 08:42:21 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 24, 2016, 08:31:58 AM
Jesus Fucking Christ, England.

I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of the issue (and how terrible the result is), but I'd still like to send out the TonkSignal for a more in-depth perspective.