News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 62,263 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #585 on: June 24, 2016, 06:22:34 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 24, 2016, 01:07:24 PM
Quote from: Eli on June 24, 2016, 08:42:21 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 24, 2016, 08:31:58 AM
Jesus Fucking Christ, England.

I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of the issue (and how terrible the result is), but I'd still like to send out the TonkSignal for a more in-depth perspective.

Basically, the Brexit campaign was run by right-wing whackjob tories who, as far as I can make out, didn't desperately want to leave the EU but DO want power, so they adopted the campaign as a means to an end.  The referendum was only promised in the first place by Cameron to keep his back benches in line at the last election and get himself back into power, so the whole fucking thing has been driven by personalities, personal ambition and party politics.  It still needn't necessarily have been a problem, but Cameron subsequently took the issue far too lightly for far too long, allowing the Leave campaign and their foreign-backed media allies to gain significant momentum (mostly by lying and diversion).  By the time Cameron realised what was going on, it was too late.

What was going on was, to put it bluntly, lies, damned lies and obfuscation of the actual issues as the Brexit campaign played up to exactly the sort of things that Trump has been playing up to.  They have already this morning (!) reneged on two of their most significant promises.  Not that it really matters, though, because without wishing to be unkind about the stupid, stupid, STUPID CUNTS who have voted to exit the EU, they're either a) working class oiks who are thick as pig shit and are very happy to be given the chance to stick it to the man, to brown people and to other Johnny Foreigners; or b) Baby Boomers who FUCK YOU BECAUSE I'VE GOT MINE.  Actual issues were never the issue.

Frankly, I'd be quite happy to let the whole fucking lot of them stew in the fetid, festering pot of shitty fucking cancer that they've cooked up, but I'm worried that they'll start a chain reaction and that small-minded, right-wing, brainless cunts across Europe will now be allowed to do something that we can never undo.  From there, I can assure you, it's a very, very small step to another big war in Europe.

Mostly, though, I'm heartbroken for my nieces and cousins in England and Scotland who will never get the opportunities that I was afforded.  The European Union is a flawed but beautiful thing which has brought me much joy, my wife, children and the last sixteen wonderful years of my life... and my British family and friends are now all permanently locked on the outside of it.

I'm so angry, I can barely speak.

What are the two big promises upon which they've already reneged?
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #586 on: June 24, 2016, 06:59:43 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 24, 2016, 06:22:34 PM

I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of the issue (and how terrible the result is), but I'd still like to send out the TonkSignal for a more in-depth perspective.

Basically, the Brexit campaign was run by right-wing whackjob tories who, as far as I can make out, didn't desperately want to leave the EU but DO want power, so they adopted the campaign as a means to an end.  The referendum was only promised in the first place by Cameron to keep his back benches in line at the last election and get himself back into power, so the whole fucking thing has been driven by personalities, personal ambition and party politics.  It still needn't necessarily have been a problem, but Cameron subsequently took the issue far too lightly for far too long, allowing the Leave campaign and their foreign-backed media allies to gain significant momentum (mostly by lying and diversion).  By the time Cameron realised what was going on, it was too late.

What was going on was, to put it bluntly, lies, damned lies and obfuscation of the actual issues as the Brexit campaign played up to exactly the sort of things that Trump has been playing up to.  They have already this morning (!) reneged on two of their most significant promises.  Not that it really matters, though, because without wishing to be unkind about the stupid, stupid, STUPID CUNTS who have voted to exit the EU, they're either a) working class oiks who are thick as pig shit and are very happy to be given the chance to stick it to the man, to brown people and to other Johnny Foreigners; or b) Baby Boomers who FUCK YOU BECAUSE I'VE GOT MINE.  Actual issues were never the issue.

Frankly, I'd be quite happy to let the whole fucking lot of them stew in the fetid, festering pot of shitty fucking cancer that they've cooked up, but I'm worried that they'll start a chain reaction and that small-minded, right-wing, brainless cunts across Europe will now be allowed to do something that we can never undo.  From there, I can assure you, it's a very, very small step to another big war in Europe.

Mostly, though, I'm heartbroken for my nieces and cousins in England and Scotland who will never get the opportunities that I was afforded.  The European Union is a flawed but beautiful thing which has brought me much joy, my wife, children and the last sixteen wonderful years of my life... and my British family and friends are now all permanently locked on the outside of it.

They quoted an absolutely bonus statistic that the UK was paying 350 million pounds a week to the EU and that they'd redistribute that money at home, and that they'd halt immigration. Now they admit that number was bullshit and that they can't stop immigration
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #587 on: June 24, 2016, 07:34:20 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 24, 2016, 06:59:43 PM

They quoted an absolutely bonus statistic that the UK was paying 350 million pounds a week to the EU and that they'd redistribute that money at home, and that they'd halt immigration. Now they admit that number was bullshit and that they can't stop immigration

The whole bonus?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #588 on: June 24, 2016, 08:14:41 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 24, 2016, 07:34:20 PM

The whole bonus?

Goddamn auto correct
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #589 on: June 24, 2016, 08:44:09 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 24, 2016, 07:34:20 PM

The whole bonus?

Huey's going to be pissed when he finds out you're trying to steal his bit.
M'lady.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #590 on: June 26, 2016, 01:24:23 PM »

They didn't just say redistribute, they explicitly said they'd put it in the National Health System, then tried to claim that was never promised.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/nigel-farage-350-million-pledge-to-fund-the-nhs-was-a-mistake/

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #591 on: June 26, 2016, 01:48:45 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 26, 2016, 01:24:23 PM

They didn't just say redistribute, they explicitly said they'd put it in the National Health System, then tried to claim that was never promised.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/nigel-farage-350-million-pledge-to-fund-the-nhs-was-a-mistake/

Farage said he never promised it, and that he hadn't agreed with people within the campaign who had done so.  That may have been true, but he wasn't exactly shouting it from the rooftops before the result was in.  As it was, though, and regardless of the technicalities, it was a staggeringly quick volte-face by the Leave campaign - the interview in which he said all this was literally within a couple of hours of the result being announced.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #592 on: July 21, 2016, 08:55:04 AM »
If Ted Cruz may not be the Zodiac Killer, but he sure knifed Trump last night.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #593 on: July 21, 2016, 10:45:08 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 21, 2016, 08:55:04 AM

The fact that Trump expected an endorsement after saying Cruz' father was part of the JFK conspiracy just shows how clowned he'd get at a summit meeting.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #594 on: July 21, 2016, 10:48:39 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 21, 2016, 10:45:08 AM

The fact that Trump expected an endorsement after saying Cruz' father was part of the JFK conspiracy just shows how clowned he'd get at a summit meeting.

I've never looked forward to Hillary Clinton doing anything but I feel like the first debate between those two is going to be like an aged, heartless Leslie Knope vs a racist Bobby Newport. Given the way the woman destroyed a hostile house committee going after her over the Benghazi thing I don't doubt that she'll blast him out of the water.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #595 on: July 21, 2016, 01:32:43 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 21, 2016, 10:48:39 AM

I've never looked forward to Hillary Clinton doing anything but I feel like the first debate between those two is going to be like an aged, heartless Leslie Knope vs a racist Bobby Newport. Given the way the woman destroyed a hostile house committee going after her over the Benghazi thing I don't doubt that she'll blast him out of the water.

Not even a racist Bobby Newport is a good comp. He's missing the nasty streak that is Trump's essence.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #596 on: July 21, 2016, 01:35:42 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 21, 2016, 01:32:43 PM

Not even a racist Bobby Newport is a good comp. He's missing the nasty streak that is Trump's essence.

Political campaigns are essentially long job interviews, and I expect Donald Trump to react as a man who has never had to interview for a job in his life would.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #597 on: July 21, 2016, 02:13:17 PM »

I think Clinton is a good debater, but Trump's nature makes the debates unbearable for me to watch. I just imagine that she's going to be primarily making points on policy, while he's going to talk about how she's a criminal, and should be in jail, and whose coldness and unpleasant personality drove her husband to chase other women. It's like she's going to be standing in front of a firing squad, and there's no way around it for her. She should win the debates, but they are going to be too filthy and unpleasant for me to watch.
M'lady.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #598 on: July 21, 2016, 02:17:35 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on July 21, 2016, 02:13:17 PM

I think Clinton is a good debater, but Trump's nature makes the debates unbearable for me to watch. I just imagine that she's going to be primarily making points on policy, while he's going to talk about how she's a criminal, and should be in jail, and whose coldness and unpleasant personality drove her husband to chase other women. It's like she's going to be standing in front of a firing squad, and there's no way around it for her. She should win the debates, but they are going to be too filthy and unpleasant for me to watch.

I'm going to watch them (and hate myself for it), but I agree with you on the rest. She's a fierce debater and will clearly win on all points and anything of substance and he'll still come out of it with plenty of people thinking that he won because he "took it to her."
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #599 on: July 21, 2016, 02:36:22 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 21, 2016, 02:17:35 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on July 21, 2016, 02:13:17 PM

I'm going to watch them (and hate myself for it), but I agree with you on the rest. She's a fierce debater and will clearly win on all points and anything of substance and he'll still come out of it with plenty of people thinking that he won because he "took it to her."

She's a mediocre debater at best. Her times vs. Obama were weak (one of the main reasons he beat her). She was lousy when she ran for Senate but Lazlo was lousier.  Her biggest weakness as a politician is she can't talk. She comes off stilted and programmed when she reads prepared remarks and she has a tendency to make stupid lies when she's off the cuff.

The best thing she said in her entire elective career was a few weeks ago: "I am not a natural politician, in case you haven't noticed, like my husband or President Obama."