News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Sploogetastic 2015 Chicago Cubs Playoff Thread  ( 1,461 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Sploogetastic 2015 Chicago Cubs Playoff Thread
« on: September 26, 2015, 09:53:37 AM »

Let's do this, Ogdens.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Sploogetastic 2015 Chicago Cubs Playoff Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 10:32:54 AM »
I'm kinda resigned to the Cubs playing on the road for the coin flip game and I'm okay with that.  It would also mean I'm okay if they split the next two with Pittsburgh (hell--go ahead & get swept). 

I just like the idea of the Cubs playing a week of stress-free baseball while those other 2 teams beat the hell out of each other for the division.  I would also prefer to play St. Louis frankly.

#carefulwhatyouwishfor
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 11:25:37 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 26, 2015, 10:32:54 AM
I'm kinda resigned to the Cubs playing on the road for the coin flip game and I'm okay with that.  It would also mean I'm okay if they split the next two with Pittsburgh (hell--go ahead & get swept). 

I just like the idea of the Cubs playing a week of stress-free baseball while those other 2 teams beat the hell out of each other for the division.  I would also prefer to play St. Louis frankly.

#carefulwhatyouwishfor

I'm not crazy about a single game determining the Cubs post-season fate. That said, I would find a Cubs-Cardinals series to be incredibly stressful. Beyond that, it gets hazy - Mets or Dodgers? I still hate the Mets from when I was a kid, and I'm afraid of the two Dodgers aces, so it would be pretty dreamy to see the Cubs take on New York in a Revenge from my Childhood scenario. And the Cubs vs. the Jays? That's would be incredible, although it means my wife wouldn't let me try to get tickets for any games in Chicago. But that's getting way too far ahead.

Let's just wait and see how things play out.
M'lady.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 01:09:00 PM »
I'm actually really cool with a Cubs/Jays series, if only because I know a bunch of Jays fans that actually are decent folks who probably won't be royal shitheads to me if they win it all (probably because they're also Leafs fans used to failure).
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 03:34:02 PM »
I just watched the Cubs' champagne spraying celebration following a 4-0 loss at Wrigley Field.  What is there to say? 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 04:18:41 PM »
Quote from: Bort on September 26, 2015, 01:09:00 PM
I'm actually really cool with a Cubs/Jays series, if only because I know a bunch of Jays fans that actually are decent folks who probably won't be royal shitheads to me if they win it all (probably because they're also Leafs fans used to failure) it means they made it to the World Series.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 05:30:44 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on September 26, 2015, 04:18:41 PM
I'm actually really cool with a Cubs/Jays series, if only because I know a bunch of Jays fans that actually are decent folks who probably won't be royal shitheads to me if they win it all (probably because they're also Leafs fans used to failure) it means they made it to the World Series.

I assumed that part was a given and able to be left unsaid, ForkD.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 05:31:15 PM »
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 10:14:41 AM »
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 04:55:08 AM »

The Pirates are playing for their lives this weekend in St. Louis to avoid revisiting what Arrieta did to them last night.
TIME TO POST!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 04:55:58 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on September 28, 2015, 04:55:08 AM

The Pirates are playing for their lives this weekend in St. Louis to avoid revisiting what Arrieta did to them last night.

I think both teams are.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen