News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Green Zone  ( 2,279 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Green Zone
« on: March 14, 2010, 12:02:21 AM »
The story is important enough to be worth a movie on its own.  How we were lied to about weapons of mass destruction in order to sell us on a war.  But Hollywood, being what it is, decided to make it into an action movie.  Well if that is what it takes to get a mass audience to see what happened I think that I am all for it.  It is a worthwhile way to spend almost two hours.  That is, if you can take the damn "shaky camera" that is employed throughout the movie.  Matt Damon plays Jason Bourne, again.  Brendon Gleeson loses his accent and it is difficult to know what he is supposed to be.  Greg Kinnear plays the Pentagon villain.  I think that I heard my Berkeley audience mates  start to hiss him eventually.   
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Green Zone
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 07:32:20 AM »
So, it's Bush's fault you had to sit through a Jason Bourne clone-movie?  Typical.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:49:14 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 15, 2010, 07:32:20 AM
So, it's Bush's fault you had to sit through a Jason Bourne clone-movie?  Typical.

Interesting that you should say that.  The liveliest audience reaction came when they showed Bush delivering the "Mission Accomplished" speech. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 09:36:22 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 15, 2010, 12:49:14 PM

Interesting that you should say that.  The liveliest audience reaction came when they showed Bush delivering the "Mission Accomplished" speech. 

I was just poke sticking you, Stew.  I'm sure it'd get the same kind of response in right wing ultraconservative SOUTH LOUISIANA, too.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 12:21:26 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 16, 2010, 09:36:22 AM

I was just poke sticking you, Stew.  I'm sure it'd get the same kind of response in right wing ultraconservative SOUTH LOUISIANA, too.

Narleens is ultraconservative?  Not the neighborhoods that I visit.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 01:42:37 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 16, 2010, 12:21:26 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 16, 2010, 09:36:22 AM

Narleens is ultraconservative?  Not the neighborhoods that I visit.

No, Nawlins is pretty left.  It's Louisiana's Austin, except there are a little more conservatives in New Orleans compared to Austin.  Baton Rouge and everywhere else in the state is for the most part conservative.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 01:50:35 PM »
Why don't you two get a room already?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 01:53:22 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 16, 2010, 01:50:35 PM
Why don't you two get a room already?

Jealous much?