News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Aroldis Chapman Overdue 104mph Splooge Thread  ( 3,454 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Aroldis Chapman Overdue 104mph Splooge Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 10:23:30 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 03, 2016, 10:22:03 AM
I believe that human beings are flawed, some unforgivably so. To be honest, my dad is one of those people, and because of my experiences as a kid, it's very hard for me to root for a guy like Chapman. But I also have to believe that people are capable of redemption and being good. I thought it was moving that Chapman was so hard hit by his failure last night, and it seems as though his teammates genuinely like him. I don't believe his misdeeds should ever be forgotten, and I think that if they ever recur he needs to be out of the league. But if he continues to stay out of trouble, and demonstrates that he is a changed person, I am ok with him being on the team. The Cubs are better with him than without, and there's no guarantee that they can replace him with anyone else.

I fully expect this post to be debated and detested.

There's not a chance in hell they re-sign him, in my opinion. Big money contracts for closers, when Rondon and Strop and Edwards should all be back healthy next year, not a thing Theo is likely to do. You need relief help you can trade for it again next year. Chapman getting 20 mil a year or whatever he's going to get will absolutely not be worth it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 11:12:44 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 03, 2016, 10:23:30 AM
I believe that human beings are flawed, some unforgivably so. To be honest, my dad is one of those people, and because of my experiences as a kid, it's very hard for me to root for a guy like Chapman. But I also have to believe that people are capable of redemption and being good. I thought it was moving that Chapman was so hard hit by his failure last night, and it seems as though his teammates genuinely like him. I don't believe his misdeeds should ever be forgotten, and I think that if they ever recur he needs to be out of the league. But if he continues to stay out of trouble, and demonstrates that he is a changed person, I am ok with him being on the team. The Cubs are better with him than without, and there's no guarantee that they can replace him with anyone else.

There's not a chance in hell they re-sign him, in my opinion. Big money contracts for closers, when Rondon and Strop and Edwards should all be back healthy next year, not a thing Theo is likely to do. You need relief help you can trade for it again next year. Chapman getting 20 mil a year or whatever he's going to get will absolutely not be worth it.

If they pay big money for a closer I think it'll be for Jansen.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2016, 11:16:30 AM »
Thanks for helping the Cubs win the World Series. 
You were pretty amazing, all in all.

Now go away forever.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2016, 12:09:25 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 03, 2016, 11:12:44 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 03, 2016, 10:23:30 AM

If they pay big money for a closer I think it'll be for Jansen.

That's what I would expect.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 01:57:16 PM »
I fully expect this post to be debated

Please. Let's not do that.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 02:01:04 PM »
Agree on Jansen. I think Theo will spend money on relief, but only elite relief. The dumb money is given to flukes who have one good season or are getting by with questionable peripherals. If anything, this postseason has showed that proven, elite relief has real value and is worth spending money on for any team expecting to play deep into October. For those reasons I really hope they get Jansen.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Grandmaster Wang

• Hi. I'm Herschel Walker.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 02:20:12 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 03, 2016, 02:01:04 PM
Agree on Jansen. I think Theo will spend money on relief, but only elite relief. The dumb money is given to flukes who have one good season or are getting by with questionable peripherals. If anything, this postseason has showed that proven, elite relief has real value and is worth spending money on for any team expecting to play deep into October. For those reasons I really hope they get Jansen.

Well there goes my dream of pulling Turdthrow out of retirement.
Some dude in Cairo just punched a camel in the face on CNN.