News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015 Cubs Offseason: Building a Winner Around David Ross  ( 99,433 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015 Cubs Offseason: Building a Winner Around David Ross
« Reply #390 on: November 18, 2015, 01:15:57 PM »
Coghlan needs to stay if only so I have someone to hate next year. As it stands a lineup of Montero/Rizzo/CastroBaez/Russell/Bryant/Schwarber/UNKNOWN CF/Soler is way too likeable. I mean, I expect Miggy's bat to continue to degrade and make me sad but I can't see myself straight up hating that guy.

Deep down, in places I don't admit at parties, I need Coghlan and his stupid asshole face on that team.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: November 18, 2015, 01:18:11 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 18, 2015, 01:15:57 PM
Coghlan needs to stay if only so I have someone to hate next year. As it stands a lineup of Montero/Rizzo/CastroBaez/Russell/Bryant/Schwarber/UNKNOWN CF/Soler is way too likeable. I mean, I expect Miggy's bat to continue to degrade and make me sad but I can't see myself straight up hating that guy.

Deep down, in places I don't admit at parties, I need Coghlan and his stupid asshole face on that team.

He should also be fairly valuable in relation to what he'll cost.  Getting a player of his ilk on the open market will eat into resources that could be used elsewhere.

For a team that's planning on competing for a World Series, he's a really good asset to have for a 4th OF.  Unless The Reds want give up Chapman for him straight up.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: November 18, 2015, 01:19:32 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 18, 2015, 01:18:11 PM

He should also be fairly valuable in relation to what he'll cost.  Getting a player of his ilk on the open market will eat into resources that could be used elsewhere.

For a team that's planning on competing for a World Series, he's a really good asset to have for a 4th OF.  Unless The Reds want give up Chapman for him straight up.

Plus I get to chuckle each time he's not in the lineup at the visual Eli put in my head of David Ross trying to comfort Coghlan with a noogie and Coghlan losing his shit.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: November 18, 2015, 02:03:54 PM »

A clubhouse with Chapman and Rizzo should be a reality show.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #394 on: November 18, 2015, 02:05:02 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 18, 2015, 02:03:54 PM

I'm willing to be that would be solved with like two seconds of "oh hey sorry I threw at your teammate" "yeah it's baseball, that shit happens". Fin.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: November 18, 2015, 02:23:15 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 18, 2015, 02:05:02 PM

I'm willing to be that would be solved with like two seconds of "oh hey sorry I threw at your teammate" "yeah it's baseball, that shit happens". Fin.

"Pick someone on the Reds you want me to hit with a 102 mph heater and we'll call it even."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: November 18, 2015, 02:27:59 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 18, 2015, 02:23:15 PM

He should also be fairly valuable in relation to what he'll cost.  Getting a player of his ilk on the open market will eat into resources that could be used elsewhere.

For a team that's planning on competing for a World Series, he's a really good asset to have for a 4th OF.  Unless The Reds want give up Chapman for him straight up.

"Pick someone on the Reds you want me to hit with a 102 mph heater and we'll call it even."

INTREPID READER TONKER: How about that gobby cunt Votto?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #397 on: November 18, 2015, 02:46:47 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 18, 2015, 02:27:59 PM

He should also be fairly valuable in relation to what he'll cost.  Getting a player of his ilk on the open market will eat into resources that could be used elsewhere.

For a team that's planning on competing for a World Series, he's a really good asset to have for a 4th OF.  Unless The Reds want give up Chapman for him straight up.

"Gobby"?   As I said.  The older I get the less I understand.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #398 on: November 18, 2015, 02:53:34 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 18, 2015, 02:46:47 PM

"Gobby"?   As I said.  The older I get the less I understand.

I don't know if it's an age obstacle stew, I think it's more of how familiar you are with Australo-Welsh slang.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #399 on: November 18, 2015, 02:57:39 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 18, 2015, 01:19:32 PM

Plus I get to chuckle each time he's not in the lineup at the visual Eli put in my head of David Ross trying to comfort Coghlan with a noogie and Coghlan losing his shit.

This mental image is outstanding.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: November 18, 2015, 04:07:03 PM »

I literally couldn't have said this better myself.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: November 19, 2015, 09:59:02 AM »
What's the feeling around trying to acquire Shelby Miller as 4th starter, assuming The Cubs also sign one of the top-tier FAs?  He probably wouldn't cost as much as Carrasco or Ross but also isn't as good.

I'm pretty sure last year was his ceiling but, who knows?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: November 19, 2015, 10:31:36 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 19, 2015, 09:59:02 AM
What's the feeling around trying to acquire Shelby Miller as 4th starter, assuming The Cubs also sign one of the top-tier FAs?  He probably wouldn't cost as much as Carrasco or Ross but also isn't as good.

I've been wondering if there's a fit with any of the young Rays pitchers. Odorizzi, Smyly, Karns all would make sense, but I wouldn't give up Soler for any of the three, and that seems to be who the Rays would want.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: November 19, 2015, 10:56:09 AM »

Possibly worthless stat: Kyle Hendricks has been worth a win more than Shelby Miller the last two years, despite starting about 20 fewer games and pitching 120 fewer innings.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #404 on: November 19, 2015, 10:57:31 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 19, 2015, 10:31:36 AM

I've been wondering if there's a fit with any of the young Rays pitchers. Odorizzi, Smyly, Karns all would make sense, but I wouldn't give up Soler for any of the three, and that seems to be who the Rays would want.

Getting Karns from The Rays would be, literally, impossible.  He's now a Mariner.