News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Breakfast  ( 33,059 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Breakfast
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2012, 12:47:34 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 13, 2012, 12:42:30 PM
Y'all are making a return trip to Chicago sorely tempting right now.

All that weed in Holland, and no breakfast?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2012, 01:13:56 PM »
Do any of these breakfast places in Chicago have that little "heart healthy" symbol on the menu? 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2012, 01:25:27 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 13, 2012, 01:13:56 PM
Do any of these breakfast places in Chicago have that little "heart healthy" symbol on the menu? 

The what?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2012, 01:41:06 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 13, 2012, 01:13:56 PM

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2012, 08:32:36 AM »
Anybody know Deleece?

The menus look great - brunch especially.  Lobster benedict with truffle hollandaise?  Bottomless mimosas for $15?  I hear that the breakfast pasta is outstanding, too.  I think I'll be giving this place a pop...
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2012, 09:37:13 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 23, 2012, 08:32:36 AM
Anybody know Deleece?

The menus look great - brunch especially.  Lobster benedict with truffle hollandaise?  Bottomless mimosas for $15?  I hear that the breakfast pasta is outstanding, too.  I think I'll be giving this place a pop...

Wife and I ate there when it was literally 2 blocks north, before attending this game.  Looks like business has been good enough to allow them to move into the sweet spot  on the opposite side of the Mercury Theater from Cullens (although that spot didn't help the previous two restaurants there).  I recall it having a vegan vibe, even though it's not vegetarian.  They look a whole lot different in the new spot. Probably a good sign for them and, as it's a couple blocks from Clark Street, would be a good after-game dinner option for you. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2012, 10:14:42 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 23, 2012, 09:37:13 AM
Anybody know Deleece?

Wife and I ate there when it was literally 2 blocks north, before attending this game.  Looks like business has been good enough to allow them to move into the sweet spot  on the opposite side of the Mercury Theater from Cullens (although that spot didn't help the previous two restaurants there).  I recall it having a vegan vibe, even though it's not vegetarian.  They look a whole lot different in the new spot. Probably a good sign for them and, as it's a couple blocks from Clark Street, would be a good after-game dinner option for you. 

What on Earth makes you think I'm going to see a game?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2012, 10:24:55 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 23, 2012, 10:14:42 AM
Anybody know Deleece?

You'll end up going.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2012, 10:58:53 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 23, 2012, 10:24:55 AM
Anybody know Deleece?

You'll end up going.

Ha!  You're almost certainly right.  I'll just do it in secret - switch off my phone and tell everybody I went on the architectural tour.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2012, 01:54:08 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 23, 2012, 10:58:53 AM
Quote from: PANK! on June 23, 2012, 10:24:55 AM
Anybody know Deleece?

The menus look great - brunch especially.  Lobster benedict with truffle hollandaise?  Bottomless mimosas for $15?  I hear that the breakfast pasta is outstanding, too.  I think I'll be giving this place a pop...

Wife and I ate there when it was literally 2 blocks north, before attending this game.  Looks like business has been good enough to allow them to move into the sweet spot  on the opposite side of the Mercury Theater from Cullens (although that spot didn't help the previous two restaurants there).  I recall it having a vegan vibe, even though it's not vegetarian.  They look a whole lot different in the new spot. Probably a good sign for them and, as it's a couple blocks from Clark Street, would be a good after-game dinner option for you.  

You'll end up going.

Ha!  You're almost certainly right.  I'll just do it in secret - switch off my phone and tell everybody I went on the architectural tour.

All things being equal, the architectural boat tour kicks ass over a chance to watch these guys play ball, but seeing as how you wouldn't have the contacts you've had so that you can enjoy a very social trip if it wasn't for those gutless cocksuckers, so it might be just a little weird if you didn't go to one game.  Plus, demand won't be high and you'll probably be watching prospects by then.  Profit!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2012, 03:25:38 PM »
Anybody know Deleece?

Was a staple back in the Lincoln Park days. Never been for breakfast, only dinner.  Very good place.  Before Deleece, the chef was the personal chef for DeNiro or some other Hollywood bigwig.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2012, 08:27:26 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 23, 2012, 03:25:38 PM
Anybody know Deleece?

Was a staple back in the Lincoln Park days. Never been for breakfast, only dinner.  Very good place.  Before Deleece, the chef was the personal chef for DeNiro or some other Hollywood bigwigChristina Hendricks.

Chuckbaited.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2012, 09:14:51 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 23, 2012, 08:27:26 PM
Anybody know Deleece?

Was a staple back in the Lincoln Park days. Never been for breakfast, only dinner.  Very good place.  Before Deleece, the chef was the personal chef for DeNiro or some other Hollywood bigwigChristina Hendricks.

Chuckbaited.

Like she only had one chef.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2012, 02:04:37 AM »
Anybody know Deleece?

Was a staple back in the Lincoln Park days. Never been for breakfast, only dinner.  Very good place.  Before Deleece, the chef was the personal chef for DeNiro or some other Hollywood bigwig.

Actually, the former chef for Deleece was the personal chef for Jack Nicholson, and now she has her own restaurant Sola, which I can vouch for as the shit. If you're going for brunch, the short rib benedict is ridiculous, and for dinner, get the wagyu burger topped off with a banana ice cream sundae.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2012, 04:43:25 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 24, 2012, 02:04:37 AM
Anybody know Deleece?

Actually, the former chef for Deleece was the personal chef for Jack Nicholson, and now she has her own restaurant Sola, which I can vouch for as the shit. If you're going for brunch, the short rib benedict is ridiculous, and for dinner, get the wagyu burger topped off with a banana ice cream sundae.

That short rib benedict does sound like possibly the most delicious thing you could put in your mouth. (||)  As for the burger, though, I really don't think wagyu beef makes a good patty.  It's too soft.