News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Batman v. Superman  ( 12,229 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Batman v. Superman
« on: December 03, 2015, 01:59:54 PM »
I don't even need to watch this trailer to know that this is going to be a great movie.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Batman v. Superman
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 02:03:15 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 03, 2015, 01:59:54 PM
I don't even need to watch this trailer to know that this is going to be a great movie.

Counterpoint: this movie will be ass.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 02:15:35 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 03, 2015, 02:03:15 PM

How long would the movie possibly be? Bats whips some Kryptonite out of his utility belt, beats Supes to death.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 02:19:19 PM »

No red diaper = bad Superman movie.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 02:25:01 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 03, 2015, 02:19:19 PM

No red diaper = bad Superman movie.

Zach Snyder has a proven track record of making movies that...kind of let me down.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 02:26:09 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on December 03, 2015, 02:15:35 PM

How long would the movie possibly be? Bats whips some Kryptonite out of his utility belt, beats Supes to death.

Well the comic which inspired it, The Dark Knight Returns, basically had Batman in a robot suit use a bunch of cheap tricks and cheat enought that he actually bloodied Superman's nose before faking his own death. A bunch of fanboys then turned this into a stirring, knock out victory for Batman that has become the basis for 30 years of stupidity and also the ever-present problem that WB and DC, the people who make Superman, really don't actually like Superman.

Which results in Man of Steel, a boring, humorless movie where bright colors are outlawed that ends with Superman destroying a city and snapping a dude's fucking neck.

So combine a thoroughly unlikeable Superman with a Batman based on the most psychopathic version of the character ever written (Frank Miller is an advisor on the film. After he had two hits with TDKR and Batman: Year One, he wrote more Batman stories where the guy mentally abused Robin and forced him to eat fucking rats to survive), directed by a guy whose "best" movie was 300, and you've got a recipe for disaster.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 02:29:18 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 03, 2015, 02:26:09 PM

Well the comic which inspired it, The Dark Knight Returns, basically had Batman in a robot suit use a bunch of cheap tricks and cheat enought that he actually bloodied Superman's nose before faking his own death. A bunch of fanboys then turned this into a stirring, knock out victory for Batman that has become the basis for 30 years of stupidity and also the ever-present problem that WB and DC, the people who make Superman, really don't actually like Superman.

Which results in Man of Steel, a boring, humorless movie where bright colors are outlawed that ends with Superman destroying a city and snapping a dude's fucking neck.

So combine a thoroughly unlikeable Superman with a Batman based on the most psychopathic version of the character ever written (Frank Miller is an advisor on the film. After he had two hits with TDKR and Batman: Year One, he wrote more Batman stories where the guy mentally abused Robin and forced him to eat fucking rats to survive), directed by a guy whose "best" movie was 300, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

On the plus side, Wonder Woman is finally in a movie, and she doesn't look too stupid.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 02:34:06 PM »
Quote from: Bort on December 03, 2015, 02:29:18 PM

On the plus side, Wonder Woman is finally in a movie, and she doesn't look too stupid.
'

I am basically banking on all of the DC movies they make in this universe that aren't directed by Zack Snyder or written by David Goyer being good, because I have zero hope for the ones that are. The Wonder Woman solo movie is already well into production, and I'm hoping Aquaman and their eventual Green Lantern reboot are good. They're making a Flash movie as well but I can take or leave that since the TV show is the only Flash I need.

But the actual Superman and Justice League movies are probably going to blow.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 02:41:42 PM »

In "An Evening With Kevin Smith", KS describes being approached by Jon Peters to do a Superman movie. I strongly recommend finding the clip on YouTube.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 02:43:30 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on December 03, 2015, 02:41:42 PM

In "An Evening With Kevin Smith", KS describes being approached by Jon Peters to do a Superman movie. I strongly recommend finding the clip on YouTube.

Oh I've watched that clip. It's outstanding. What's hilarious is that in the third act of Man of Steel Superman fights something that definitely resembles a giant mechanical spider.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 02:47:11 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 03, 2015, 02:43:30 PM

Oh I've watched that clip. It's standing. What's hilarious is that in the third act of Man of Steel Superman fights something that definitely resembles a giant mechanical spider.

Netflix or HBO has "The Death of Superman Lives" available.  Smith retells the whole story.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 03:15:07 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 03, 2015, 02:47:11 PM

Oh I've watched that clip. It's standing. What's hilarious is that in the third act of Man of Steel Superman fights something that definitely resembles a giant mechanical spider.

Netflix or HBO has "The Death of Superman Lives" available.  Smith retells the whole story.

I'm assuming this is the story that ends with Smith marveling that Peters finally got his giant, mechanical spider in Wild, Wild West?

Honestly at this point I wish DC would go the Guardians of the Galaxy route and do a movie on one of their lesser known properties that isn't going to be bogged down by decades obsessing over continuity.

Hell, they could do that with Green Lantern if they wanted.  It's basically Space Police With Magic Rings.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 03:17:50 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 03, 2015, 03:15:07 PM

I'm assuming this is the story that ends with Smith marveling that Peters finally got his giant, mechanical spider in Wild, Wild West?

Honestly at this point I wish DC would go the Guardians of the Galaxy route and do a movie on one of their lesser known properties that isn't going to be bogged down by decades obsessing over continuity.

Hell, they could do that with Green Lantern if they wanted.  It's basically Space Police With Magic Rings.

It's amazing how wrong they got the first Green Lantern movie, even though Ryan Reynolds actually was a pretty good Hal Jordan. They just decided that most of a Green Lantern movie should take place on earth and involve him fighting a smog monster and not, like, in space and stuff where Green Lantern should actually be.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 03:20:22 PM »

They are doing that on TV. Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.  And the Flash (which is quite fun) despite him being well known.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 03:22:39 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 03, 2015, 03:20:22 PM

They are doing that on TV. Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.  And the Flash (which is quite fun) despite him being well known.

The Flash TV show is perfect in every way.