News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The "Jason Heyward Drinks Delicious Cardinal Tears" Sploogetime Thread  ( 40,064 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The "Jason Heyward Drinks Delicious Cardinal Tears" Sploogetime Thread
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2016, 10:47:59 PM »
FUCK YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2016, 10:49:50 PM »
Hey, at least he got on base and stole one unlike Javy's impatient ass...

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2016, 10:57:52 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on October 28, 2016, 10:49:50 PM
Hey, at least he got on base and stole one unlike Javy's impatient ass...

He got on base because a bad first baseman botched one of his 500 routine grounders. Javy has at least won games for them this month. Fuck Heyward. Get a fucking hit.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #243 on: November 03, 2016, 10:21:08 AM »
The $184 million rain delay. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #244 on: November 03, 2016, 10:37:58 AM »
That defense tho. I'm not giving up on Heyward. There's too much talent.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #245 on: November 03, 2016, 10:43:51 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 03, 2016, 10:37:58 AM

All is forgiven if his speech rallied them to victory. Whatever. Albatross contracts are easy to bear when you won the fucking ring. Jon Lester's probably going to look like San Fran Barry Zito by the time his deal is done and he'll still be a hero.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #246 on: November 03, 2016, 10:46:37 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 03, 2016, 10:43:51 AM

All is forgiven if his speech rallied them to victory. Whatever. Albatross contracts are easy to bear when you won the fucking ring. Jon Lester's probably going to look like San Fran Barry Zito by the time his deal is done and he'll still be a hero.

He'll fix his swing this offseason and be fine next year. I'm at least 70% confident about that.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2016, 10:47:57 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 03, 2016, 10:46:37 AM

He'll fix his swing this offseason and be fine next year. I'm at least 70% confident about that.

He should just watch a bunch of film of young Griffey, Jr. Mimic that. Easy, right?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #248 on: November 03, 2016, 10:53:50 AM »

Well we saw what would absolutely have to be his bottom of the barrel floor and he was a 1.6 fWAR player. If he can OPS .700 next year he's probably almost a 3 win player, if he reverts all of the way back to form he's 4-6 win player again. Pretty reasonable to expect that at worst he should be a useful, if moderately overpaid, player.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #249 on: November 03, 2016, 12:07:37 PM »

I don't think Lester will ever fix his swing.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #250 on: November 04, 2016, 03:10:16 PM »
This dude is such a class act. Compare Chris Coghlan. Coghlan loses his regular spot for like a month in 2015 and can't wait to start bitching about it to reporters. Heyward struggles all year, and doesn't ever blame the team for changing his stance. Doesn't complain about all the tinkering even once. Gets benched in the playoffs and doesn't say a word. Instead he just keeps bringing his solid D, puts some good hits and baserunning together, and calls a team meeting for a reality check that rallies them to win the damn World Series.

There's no one I want to see succeed more next year than Heyward. What a pro.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #251 on: November 04, 2016, 04:29:17 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 04, 2016, 03:10:16 PM
This dude is such a class act. Compare Chris Coghlan. Coghlan loses his regular spot for like a month in 2015 and can't wait to start bitching about it to reporters. Heyward struggles all year, and doesn't ever blame the team for changing his stance. Doesn't complain about all the tinkering even once. Gets benched in the playoffs and doesn't say a word. Instead he just keeps bringing his solid D, puts some good hits and baserunning together, and calls a team meeting for a reality check that rallies them to win the damn World Series.

I'd rather see Kris Bryant succeed.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #252 on: November 04, 2016, 07:08:32 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 04, 2016, 04:29:17 PM

Ok.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #253 on: November 04, 2016, 07:25:32 PM »

Why not both?
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #254 on: November 06, 2016, 03:42:52 PM »

Really going out on a limb there, big guy.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16